• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
No Barnes the last 6 minutes tonight. Very interesting.

He was shooting pretty badly. Needed more offense towards the end there. Nice to see Ian Clark step it up.

Side note: Thank fucking god this flight had TV so I could watch that game. Dissapointing the Warriors lost but it was damn exciting.

cyborg009

Banned
I'd be worried about putting Curry in if he's not 100%.

iWOJR4r.jpg

I wish someone put a picture of delly on it lol.

Damn, I didn't watch any of the games and just saw that the warriors lost by 1 point. Wish I could have seen that.

Game was fun but weird and had some long stretches of a low form of fuckball. The best part about it up until the final minute was how I finally realized that Motiejunas looks like Russell Crowe. That kind of game.

Is first round best of 7 or 5. Saw someone say he doesn't care if they go to seven. I kept thinking it was best of 5 first round but maybe got confused cause of MLB.

Used to be 5
Should still be, I didn't watch playoffs in quite a while, maybe 5 years. Which year did they change?

I'm still calling gs losing in the playoffs but this game has nothing to do with it. If gs is off on threes it will affect them.

Rockers really suck, I don't know what's up with Howard. If he's just lazy or just doesn't care most of the year but he usually looks bench worthy.

Gs will win this series, doubt rockets win another game but if they do that would be surprising.

7 games is too much first round imo of your losing games is just too tiring to the championship.

Lunar FC

Should still be, I didn't watch playoffs in quite a while, maybe 5 years. Which year did they change?

I'm still calling gs losing in the playoffs but this game has nothing to do with it. If gs is off on threes it will affect them.

Rockers really suck, I don't know what's up with Howard. If he's just lazy or just doesn't care most of the year but he usually looks bench worthy.

Gs will win this series, doubt rockets win another game but if they do that would be surprising.

7 games is too much first round imo of your losing games is just too tiring to the championship.

They went to seven games in like 2003?

They went to seven games in like 2003?
Long time, I did get bored with basketball after all my favorites were out, bulls, Jordan, pippen, jazz, pistons etc

Today's players dont interest me as much but have watched a lot more recent. Use to always watch the games but it's like I got tired of it.

Now I'm not watching braves anymore. Use to be super into it every game all year..

Hard to watch them since they get rid of every good player they get.

Any of you ever have that problem where you felt you saw enough of a sport?

Brinbe

Awesome game last night. Raptors finally showed the fuck up. There's gonna be a shitload of Raps fans making the trip down to Indy on Saturday, should be great. Really considering getting tix for game 5 to see them close it out.

Daante

I still cannot figure out what to make of the Huston Rockets as a team really. I feel they have all the talet necessary to actually compete at the absolute highest level, but i rarley see that passion and fire from their players, like i really want that championship. When Harden made the last shot hit this game they filmed the rockets bench, and Howard didnt look happy and passionate at all. Im like WTF (?) Im glad they took this game from the Warriors and i hope they take this series to game 7.

It was a very interesting discussion some months ago at a open court episode or if it was on nba tv. The subject was basically if not a large amount of players these days in the nba plays for the money, rather then to actually compete and really try to win that championship. Isiah Thomas which i respect alot had some good points regarding this, and it came down to that very few players these days seemed to actually care and play for the championship.

Obviously im not trying to say the Rockets players are like this, but sometimes i wonder you know. Guess that could be said about all the teams that have really great talent but dont win championships.

If someone before this season started would've told me that the most dominant team in the post season, at any given moment, would be the Heat I would've laughed for days yet here we are

The Raptors are one of the worst no.2 seeds ive ever seen.

They'll get bodied by Miami.

They play a lot of clown ball. But when they dial in they're pretty good honestly. Miami is probably better than them on paper and as a unit. But no way they kill them like they are trashing Charlotte (who I expected to lose but not this badly)

Ronin Ray

People were upset in here that the warriors lost like it matters. Only thing that matters for them is steph being healthy going forward. The warriors are better then the rockets without steph but I don't know if a so so steph can beat the clippers. With steph's health being a question atleast the west is more interesting.

Servbot24

Banned
Seeing GS struggle with the dumpster fire that's Houston makes me doubt their chances of coming out of the West.

Take away the best player from any team and they're probably going to play worse. Plus, Rockets have the talent to play well, they just don't usually do it. They did tonight.

well to be fair that's why the mvp is called the mvp. curry is integral to the way that they play and succeed as a team, even on defense.

Take away the best player from any team and they're probably going to play worse. Plus, Rockets have the talent to play well, they just don't usually do it. They did tonight.
But the MVP has a phantom, weird injury, thus their chances are suspect and depend on on him performing to his best. This is the playoffs, no weakness will go unpunished by the likes of Pop at least and probably everyone else at worst for GS.

eh, the Heat have dealt with losing all star starter Chris Bosh again this season and have done fine by all standards. The Bulls were a terrific team when Jordan left for that brief period before coming back for the second 3 peat.

Good teams are still good teams even if one of their top guys is absent. And Houston has been a flaming pile of crap all season and barely made the playoffs so for the warriors to have lost to them at all is some shameful shit. The problem the warriors have is that they're a pedestrian team as soon as Steph isn't around which doesn't speak well about how that team is built. As a counterpoint, i can imagine the Spurs losing a starter and still doing just fine.

phanphare

Banned
eh, the Heat have dealt with losing all star starter Chris Bosh again this season and have done fine by all standards. The Bulls were a terrific team when Jordan left for that brief period before coming back for the second 3 peat.

Good teams are still good teams even if one of their top guys is absent. And Houston has been a flaming pile of crap all season and barely made the playoffs so for the warriors to have lost to them at all is some shameful shit. The problem the warriors have is that they're a pedestrian team as soon as Steph isn't around which doesn't speak well about how that team is built. As a counterpoint, i can imagine the Spurs losing a starter and still doing just fine.

the heat are better able to play to the strengths of their roster without bosh though

the warriors are not because their style of play is dependent on curry

nillah

Banned
Long time, I did get bored with basketball after all my favorites were out, bulls, Jordan, pippen, jazz, pistons etc

Today's players dont interest me as much but have watched a lot more recent. Use to always watch the games but it's like I got tired of it.

Now I'm not watching braves anymore. Use to be super into it every game all year..

Hard to watch them since they get rid of every good player they get.

Any of you ever have that problem where you felt you saw enough of a sport?

I dunno, but it's like Dwade found the fountain of youth, would be one hell of a match ^ with the Cavs

Marz

Problem with the Warriors minus Curry is Thompson isnt a no.1 scoring option.

When Jordan left the Bulls in 94, Pippen was a no. 1 and Kukoc, Grant slid into that no. 2 role just fine.

From an outside perspective it appears to me Thompson cant really get his shot and get to the spots on the floor that he wants by himself against the elite defenders like Curry can. You also dont get the consistent dribble penetration to set up the shooters and floor spacing that Curry gives you.

If you guys think the Warriors could beat the Spurs without Curry you're delusional. Thunder could probably beat them without Curry.

Nafai1123

Banned
Problem with the Warriors minus Curry is Thompson isnt a no.1 scoring option.

When Jordan left the Bulls in 94, Pippen was a no. 1 and Kukoc, Grant slid into that no. 2 role just fine.

From an outside perspective it appears to me Thompson cant really get his shot and get to the spots on the floor that he wants by himself against the elite defenders like Curry can. You also dont get the consistent dribble penetration to set up the shooters and floor spacing that Curry gives you.

If you guys think the Warriors could beat the Spurs without Curry you're delusional. Thunder could probably beat them without Curry.

Clippers will beat the Warriors if Curry isn't back by round 2.

You slow the Warriors down, and you beat them. No way if they're playing at THEIR pace they resort to SHIT like this.

Funny you should mention this...JB Bickerstaff was imploring his players to play quicker last night. Warriors don't have a problem winning grind it out games. Plenty of teams have tried to grind it out all year with them (it's not even a team specific strategy. If you're faced against a team with more scoring power, you slow the game down and decrease total amount of possessions to keep the score close..it's high school bball coaching 101). To me it looked like the core Warriors players just didn't really show up to play last night...huge mental mistakes (Dray with some careless passes/turnovers)...Livingston, Clark and Speights basically played better than Klay, Dray and Barnes. They were in it even though the core starters made comically bad mental errors.

Also, no one else going to point out that Beasley was hooking Draymond's arm? I'm not going to excuse the Bogut one...that's just dirty, but Dray was held by Beasley at the start.

finowns

But the MVP has a phantom, weird injury, thus their chances are suspect and depend on on him performing to his best. This is the playoffs, no weakness will go unpunished by the likes of Pop at least and probably everyone else at worst for GS.

It's a phantom injury because you don't know about it?

Line_HTX

It would be nice if Green got kneed in the gut for that cowardly wrestling move. That could've easily resulted in a serious injury.

Can you imagine...what if they somehow win Game 4 too? I don't want to set myself up for heartbreak, but can you imagine?
I know...
:/

BUT IMAGINE!!

No. Just no. It's bad enough that this scam must continue because somebody got fucking cold from the three point range at the wrong time, but another win just means that this city is okie-dokie with mediocrity for the entire year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom