• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

If you guys think the Warriors could beat the Spurs without Curry you're delusional. Thunder could probably beat them without Curry.
I don't think anyone thinks that. Warriors won't even beat the Clippers without Curry.

eh, the Heat have dealt with losing all star starter Chris Bosh again this season and have done fine by all standards. The Bulls were a terrific team when Jordan left for that brief period before coming back for the second 3 peat.

Good teams are still good teams even if one of their top guys is absent. And Houston has been a flaming pile of crap all season and barely made the playoffs so for the warriors to have lost to them at all is some shameful shit. The problem the warriors have is that they're a pedestrian team as soon as Steph isn't around which doesn't speak well about how that team is built. As a counterpoint, i can imagine the Spurs losing a starter and still doing just fine.
Bosh is great, but 2016 Bosh pales in comparison to Curry.

The Spurs are definitely built differently with not having to rely on one player, but kinda like Bosh, no one on the Spurs is on Curry's level. When you have a generational talent like Curry it's probably hard not to build around him specifically.

It's a phantom injury because you don't know about it?
No. The phantom aspect it's the evasiveness with which the team and player are going about it. It's the ankle? Fatigue? The Foot? It's a sprain? Swelling? Torn? By that I meant us not having a clear idea about what it's affecting him.

nillah

Banned
Could see Durant going to DC with the addition of coach brooks. Paired up with Wall and trade Beal for Howard plus a 2nd round pick and you have a championship team

Could see Durant going to DC with the addition of coach brooks. Paired up with Wall and trade Beal for Howard plus a 2nd round pick and you have a championship team

It doesn't look like Durant wants to be back in Washinton.

Friends say Durant isn't keen on returning to his hometown. Durant's inner circle has tightened considerably in recent years and he isn't interested in dealing with distant friends and family members.

Durant's lone visit to Washington this season was stressful, according to sources.

I saw someone mention this on Twitter yesterday, if Durant really wanted to play for Brooks he'd still be in OKC.

Frenden

Banned
I saw someone mention this on Twitter yesterday, if Durant really wanted to play for Brooks he'd still be in OKC.

Yeah. I don't see a scenario where KD and Westbrook aren't consulted before Brooks was fired. If KD wanted Brooks, Brooks would still be in OKC.

nillah

Banned
A lot of these players don't speak ^... balls in Durant's court and off court drama aside that DC team would be killer...

Tonight I got Delly scoring two baby hooks tonight and a LeBron game winner

hbkdx12

So the NBA went on record to say that Harden's game winning shot shouldn't have counted due to his initiated contact on Iggy

Why is the officiating in the NBA so ridiculously inconsistent? Everyone saw the contact. Even if you couldn't assess that it was an offensive foul in the moment, why not take a minute to use your fancy replay center in secaucus to determine the right call? Especially with the game coming down to the very last second?

I'm not trying to act like GSW was robbed because they played like shit and they had plenty of opportunities in the 4th for the game to not even be that close but it's just like damn man, get the calls right.

So the NBA went on record to say that Harden's game winning shot shouldn't have counted due to his initiated contact on Iggy

Why is the officiating in the NBA so ridiculously inconsistent? Everyone saw the contact. Even if you couldn't assess that it was an offensive foul in the moment, why not take a minute to use your fancy replay center in secaucus to determine the right call? Especially with the game coming down to the very last second?

I'm not trying to act like GSW was robbed because they played like shit and they had plenty of opportunities in the 4th for the game to not even be that close but it's just like damn man, get the calls right.

The game is difficult to officiate at full speed. That and officials sometimes need to be arbitrary depending on the flow of the game. If they call everything straight down the center the same way they'd probably foul out half the team on some nights.

At least they admit it, a David Stern NBA would never admit to anything.

Sucks for Dray that he choked but hey...he's made so many clutch plays for us over the years that he still comes out on the overwhelming positive...

I will not defend Harden, but I will say that Derpmond screwed it up by bouncing the ball out of bounds off his foot.
Eh. Not gonna blame the loss on any single play. Even if he gathered it cleanly, there's still only 2 seconds on the clock with him outside the 3 line. Can't be mad about a fumble when dude busts his ass night-in and night-out. Same with Harden's push off. GSW played like garbage most of the game. No one has a right to complain about that single play costing them the game. Not that I've seen any of the Warriors make excuses.

Not worried about this series with or without Curry, but god I hope he's okay after some rest and doesn't have a lingering issue.

Fjordson

The game is difficult to officiate at full speed. That and officials sometimes need to be arbitrary depending on the flow of the game. If they call everything straight down the center the same way they'd probably foul out half the team on some nights.
This is basically why I stopped complaining about refs years ago. It's futile in the end. Until we have robots or some super computer AI in the future to replace human refs there's always gonna be missed calls.

Even as a Warriors fan, I ain't even mad at the Harden push off. Shit happens.

Eh. Not gonna blame the loss on any single play. Even if he gathered it cleanly, there's still only 2 seconds on the clock with him outside the 3 line. Can't be mad about a fumble when dude busts his ass night-in and night-out. Same with Harden's push off. GSW played like garbage most of the game. No one has a right to complain about that single play costing them the game. Not that I've seen any of the Warriors make excuses.

Not worried about this series with or without Curry, but god I hope he's okay after some rest and doesn't have a lingering issue.

What's even crazier is that the play was drawn up to get Speights a game winning jumper (which was there- you could see Terry switched onto Speights at the wing)..

This is basically why I stopped complaining about refs years ago. It's futile in the end. Until we have robots or some super computer AI in the future to replace human refs there's always gonna be missed calls.

Even as a Warriors fan, I ain't even mad at the Harden push off. Shit happens.

Pretty much this..Rockets played with more urgency and deserved the W. I wasn't mad at Jordan for pushing Bryon Russell, which was way more egregious.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Of course not. It was a blatant push off. His arm was totally flexed and exerting force.

Line_HTX

Oh my God, people are still criticizing the Rockets bench for not celebrating Harden's shot with 2.7 seconds left...

They are all fucking stupid for wanting a jubilant reaction with that much time left on the clock. Fucking cretins do not care what the Warriors are more than capable of doing in 2.7 seconds.

WoodWERD

Terrible tangent, but how can you (Van Gundy) be an NBA coach and be so fat? You're in the gym all day every day with access to some of the best fitness experts in the world. Smh

Silkworm

Hopefully Celtics can have a big 3rd quarter to make the 4th quarter less of an adventure. After a strong 1st quarter, they kind of regressed in the 2nd quarter. Ah well, at least the Celtics have a double digit lead at the half.

edit: Also, come on Detroit! A win is still within your grasp.

Terrible tangent, but how can you (Van Gundy) be an NBA coach and be so fat? You're in the gym all day every day with access to some of the best fitness experts in the world. Smh

stan.gif

Show me a coach that has better handles than SVG in the NBA.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I would take Steve Kerr or Byron Scott against Stan Van Gundy when it comes to handles.

Haha

SVG looks good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom