• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coupled with J.R. shushing the crowd, yeah it just makes me hope even more someone in the East takes them out.

ltkuDiP.jpg

Let the hate flow.

random25

They have no reason to hang their heads. They were in every damn game. That team matches up well with the Cavs but just lack the talent and chemistry.

They have a great potential, that's for sure. Maybe in a few years if they just improve their current core we'll see that team back in the top 4 of the East.

random25

They were all very close games. Cavs should have wiped them out. A better team could pick off the Cavs.

I think Detroit just matches up well with them. The Pistons style of play simply works well against Cavs' offense.

Depending on how long Curry's out for, it's definitely Cleveland's best shot at winning title now.

There's still the Spurs, and imo they are a much bigger threat to the Cavs. Pop and company just know how to defend LeBron if they ever meet again in the finals.

Warriors are gonna have a tough time against Clips with curry out. Home court could be the difference though...

Either way they definitely want that Blazers/Clips series to go 7

Eos

I think the Spurs can take care of the Thunder in 6 like in 2014. A Curry-less Warriors squad would probably take 5 games or so.

I think the Spurs can take care of the Thunder in 6 like in 2014. A Curry-less Warriors squad would probably take 5 games or so.

5 games

Mavericks just suck

Leonard = Durant
Westbrook will destroy Parker but who will check Diaw god, timmy , aldridge ? Kanter? Ibaka? lol over

I don't see them beating Spurs...OKC? 50/50
I hate to be Doubting Debbie with my own team, but I really feel like Kyrie and Love will rip them a new one, and the Spurs won't be able to keep up offensively. Feel like there'd be 2-3 games like the Cleveland game in San Antonio last season and the Spurs just would get buried and not be able to close out.

We'll see. Need to get past (likely) OKC first.

TSM

Just got back from the Celtics game. It was amazing. The Garden was pumped. We might be able to take this series. Go Celts!

beef3483

My interest in these playoffs just took a nosedive. Why Curry? Anyone but him. :(

Yes. It's like the worst possible thing that could've happened. All that suspense throughout the season, wondering if they would get to 73, and they actually came through, With Curry having a unparalleled season. But now, if Curry's gone and they don't win the title, it might the all-time biggest "what could have been"? Right up there with Len Bias.

TSM

Watching Schroder wilt under the pressure of the booing in the Garden was hilarious. Booing Schroder took precedence over any other chant. I don't know if it made it on TV, but at one point the whole Garden started chanting "Fuck You Schroder" for a good minute. I don't think he's looking forward to playing game 6 in Boston.

Lunar FC

Watching Schroder wilt under the pressure of the booing in the Garden was hilarious. Booing Schroder took precedence over any other chant. I don't know if it made it on TV, but at one point the whole Garden started chanting "Fuck You Schroder" for a good minute. I don't think he's looking forward to playing game 6 in Boston.

Didn't see the game. What he do?

TSM

Didn't see the game. What he do?

Well he complained about getting smacked in the head by Isaah Thomas during game 3 which ended up resulting in IT getting assessed a flagrant 1 between games 3 and 4. I'm sure there's probably more to it, but that was the main catalyst for the animosity.

The crowd stopped booing immediately when any other Hawk touched the ball, so Schroder was the only one feeling it. He also had the misfortune of being subbed in during the last minute while the crowd was up on their feet and already really loud. It had to be one of the loudest boos a player has ever received.

Well he complained about getting smacked in the head by Isaah Thomas during game 3 which ended up resulting in IT getting assessed a flagrant 1 between games 3 and 4. I'm sure there's probably more to it, but that was the main catalyst for the animosity.

The crowd stopped booing immediately when any other Hawk touched the ball, so Schroder was the only one feeling it. He also had the misfortune of being subbed in during the last minute while the crowd was up on their feet and already really loud. It had to be one of the loudest boos a player has ever received.

He also got knee'd in the crotch by Crowder lol. Anyway, he played into the Celts hand. I was worried about that. Oh well, he's young. Still sad we lost.

Lunar FC

Got booed for getting intentionally smacked in the head? That's pretty good.

Does anyone have any stats for Millsap once Smart started defending him?

Edit:

"Marcus Smart held Paul Millsap to 1/5 from the field while guarding him for the last 14 minutes of the game. #Celtics #Hawks" - @CLNS_JaredWeiss

"Marcus Smart’s final line as primary defender: Hawks were 1-of-10 shooting, 2 points, 2 TO. (Baze 0-3, Korver 0-1, Thabo 0-1, Millsap 1-5)" - @ESPNForsberg

TSM

Got booed for getting intentionally smacked in the head? That's pretty good.

Well, instead of just quietly asking the league to review the play he decided to make a big deal about it on social media. He knew he made a mistake because he deleted the tweet very shortly after he made it, but it was already out there. Fans had to sweat out the league potentially suspending Thomas for game 4, but the league just assessed him a flagrant 1. He basically put a big bulls-eye on his back instead of just letting his organization handle the matter with the league. Like Panda said he's a young player.

Does anyone have any stats for Millsap once Smart started defending him?

Edit:

"Marcus Smart held Paul Millsap to 1/5 from the field while guarding him for the last 14 minutes of the game. #Celtics #Hawks" - @CLNS_JaredWeiss

"Marcus Smart’s final line as primary defender: Hawks were 1-of-10 shooting, 2 points, 2 TO. (Baze 0-3, Korver 0-1, Thabo 0-1, Millsap 1-5)" - @ESPNForsberg

I saw somewhere he was minus-13, 1 for something.

Let's all take another look at that Jeff Teague play to end regulation.

https://streamable.com/3itj

Oh wow. I was just going by gamecast but how was that the play that was drawn up. Literally only one screen for Kyle which always usually get shut down but no one else was even moving. There could've been some Bazemore and Horford action but they just stood there. I hate Buds late game situation plays. They're terrible. We literally have two great pick and pop bigs but he doesn't even draw up a play for that? Your grand scheme is an off ball screen for Kyle? No pin down screens or elevator screens? Terrible.

Bud seems to stick to ISO plays for last shot situations. I need to watch some Spurs games to see what they do because our system isn't much different.

Chuck hates Houston cause they play ridiculously

Chuck is a good baller after all and has actual experience to look at players and know how he'd feel to play with certain players.

I'm really liking both the Hawks and Celtics, I would like for anyone but the cavs go to the championship though.

I believe Celtics have a better chance against spurs or gs than even most western teams

Thomas is killing it.

I think the curry thing is pretty huge, kept having a get feeling someone was getting hurt. Place your bets against gs, they aren't winning the championship. If you lose I'm sorry lol

Do we have any picks for winners?

I'm going with a spurs and winner of the Hawks Celtics championship championship for now.

Marz

Chuck hates Houston cause they play ridiculously

Chuck is a good baller after all and has actual experience to look at players and know how he'd feel to play with certain players.

I'm really liking both the Hawks and Celtics, I would like for anyone but the cavs go to the championship though.

I believe Celtics have a better chance against spurs or gs than even most western teams

Thomas is killing it.

I think the curry thing is pretty huge, kept having a get feeling someone was getting hurt. Place your bets against gs, they aren't winning the championship. If you lose I'm sorry lol

Do we have any picks for winners?

I'm going with a spurs and winner of the Hawks Celtics championship championship for now.

Lmao. Is this serious? As soon as the Celtics run into a team that plays any sort of defense (Cleveland), Thomas isnt going to be able to get into the lane at will and they're going to struggle to score. They don't have the offensive firepower and playmakers to match up with the Cavs and they would get killed on the glass as well.

I can't believe you think the Celtics have a chance against the West.

Lmao. Is this serious? As soon as the Celtics run into a team that plays any sort of defense (Cleveland), Thomas isnt going to be able to get into the lane at will and they're going to struggle to score. They don't have the offensive firepower and playmakers to match up with the Cavs and they would get killed on the glass as well.

I can't believe you think the Celtics have a chance against the West.

I don't think anyone really has a legitimate chance against the Warriors but the C's have played them surprisingly well. Although that was with Bradley.

The Celtics aren't a good team. They have an excellent coach and a good player surrounded by a bunch of worthless chaff.

I wouldn't say they're worthless, it's a team full of a bunch of solid guys with no superstar.

random25

The Celtics aren't a good team. They have an excellent coach and a good player surrounded by a bunch of worthless chaff.

Celtics roster is pretty decent though they really have overachieved the last couple of years since Brad Stevens took the coaching gig. He really is a miracle worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom