• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Ugh. Steph going down against the Rockets is so anticlimactic for this season. Plus I can't imagine how frustrated he must be.

GSW still has a chance to stall the Clippers til Curry is back, but I don't feel too confident about it.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Warriors announced Curry will be re-evaluated in two weeks after MRI results revealed a Grade 1 MCL sprain in his right knee.

"According to a person with knowledge of Curry's situation, the early fear is that Curry suffered a sprain in his medial collateral ligament during his second-quarter slip," Sam Amick of USA Today previously reported.

ooooooo, so re-evaluated in two weeks.....meaning it could be even longer

If I was the clippers trying to get to the finals.....my goal would be to get to the warriors and face them asap

If I was the clippers trying to get to the finals.....my goal would be to get to the warriors and face them asap

Yup. If this doesn't light a fire under those bum ass Clips to get the Blazers out ASAP nothing will.

Misterhbk

even without Curry they better not go down to fucking the clips

Question is, how will this effect in the playoffs......a lingering issue means he will be thinking about that knee and could potentially wreck something else. It happens all the time with players not wanting to land and other things on his leg. But that basically puts him out what, the entire second series against the clippers?

I don't think it'd be the entire series actually. IF he can come back in 2 weeks that'd be game 2-3 at worst. I mean, the Playoffs have been going for over a week and we're just now getting to game 4-5 of the first round. If Portland manages to steal another game and stall the Clippers from closing out that only yields more time for him to heal as well. Could be another week of first round games before moving on. Granted this doesn't mean he's back for sure in 2 weeks. What it does mean is IF they can manage to extend the Clippers series or win it, he'll be ready for the Spurs. And that's when he'd really be needed.

Could be, but I think it's unlikely. All thing's considered he looked pretty ok post-game while wrapped and they said the manual tests were good so it seems minor.

I'd be shocked if he sits if the teams back is against the wall.

rambis

Banned
My biggest question to this is what would the cavs do with Kevin Love? There is no one on the spurs he can cover and pop would attack him over and over.

Honestly I would rank the cavs behind okc and clippers as teams that scare me as a spurs fan. This is of course if Steph is out because I don't think anyone is beating a healthy warriors team.
I don't think Love has to play in that series much to be honest. I think a slower paced game favors TT and what he brings to the table.

ViciousDS

Banned
As the guy they didn't need?

that's the first thing I thought lol......Warriors wouldn't be like the 93-94 bulls with Scottie where they needed Jordon. To me it would tarnish Curry being compared to the greats because it would just show how insanely stacked the team already is.

I mean if the dubs win the chip without curry it hurts his legacy a tad, but it sounds like at most he'll miss them closing out a fairly inept rockets team and 2-3 games of the clippers series another head case team.

Misterhbk

As the guy they didn't need?

Guy goes down in round 1 with knee sprain. Teams stays alive til he comes back and they go on to chip with him playing hobbled. Cause he definitely will be if GS is still in it when he comes back. No way they get by the Spurs without him. Wouldn't be "the guy they didn't need" A hobbled Steph beating the best Spurs squad ever (record wise) and then beating Lebron again.

rambis

Banned
I mean if the dubs win the chip without curry it hurts his legacy a tad, but it sounds like at most he'll miss them closing out a fairly inept rockets team and 2-3 games of the clippers series another head case team.
Clippers can be as good offensively as anyone in the league. Underestimate if you want and you will be the Spurs of last year.

j-wood

So with curry's injury, does LeBron finally bring a championship to CLE?

This is assuming the Warriors make it to the finals, but curry isn't the same player the rest of this year.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So with curry's injury, does LeBron finally bring a championship to CLE?

This is assuming the Warriors make it to the finals, but curry isn't the same player the rest of this year.
This probably is his last opportunity with Steph going down but I'd still pick the Spurs in the Finals.

Nafai1123

Banned
Pretty much the best new we could've been given considering it's the most mild of MCL sprains, but 2 weeks is the minimum for him to come back. It could linger twice that long.

I'm not sure they get past the Clippers without him...

If they somehow manage to keep trucking along without him, and he returns and puts on a performance to get them another championship it would be pretty amazing but seems less likely every game he's away.

Misterhbk

Curry can revert to the player he was last year and they'd still beat the Cavs. Curry going down isn't going to make the Cavs suddenly capable of guarding Draymond. He's the real issue for the Cavs, and the guy that brings out all the negatives the Cavs have.

spyder_ur

Honestly it's the fact that he's hurt both his knee and ankle that concerns me the most with Curry. Hope he gets back so we get the Warriors-Spurs series we deserve.

I like people acting like Lebron is done and the Cavs aren't a title contender. They were legitimately contending last year and they're playing better now than they ever were last playoffs, especially Love and Kyrie. Warriors won't beat the Cavs without a full strength Curry or damn close to it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I swear Lebron has a full time voodo Doctor on his payroll.

Not a warriors fan but last thing I want is an asterisk season. Such bullshit!

Honestly it's the fact that he's hurt both his knee and ankle that concerns me the most with Curry. Hope he gets back so we get the Warriors-Spurs series we deserve.

I like people acting like Lebron is done and the Cavs aren't a title contender. They were legitimately contending last year and they're playing better now than they ever were last playoffs, especially Love and Kyrie. Warriors won't beat the Cavs without a full strength Curry or damn close to it.

well, they're not quite at that point yet, but they're getting there

Fjordson

Time for Dame to put in work and extend this series for Oaktown.

Also time for Draymond to start his ascent to hall of fame status next round.

Vestal

Curry can revert to the player he was last year and they'd still beat the Cavs. Curry going down isn't going to make the Cavs suddenly capable of guarding Draymond. He's the real issue for the Cavs, and the guy that brings out all the negatives the Cavs have.

They have to make it to the finals first... Best case scenario is first round stretching out a to the weekend, pushing game 1 of Round 2 to mid next week.

rambis

Banned
I swear Lebron has a full time voodo Doctor on his payroll.

Not a warriors fan but last thing I want is an asterisk season. Such bullshit!
Lol the finals were barely a year ago. You really want to play the luck card in regards to injuries when he had to face GSW virtually alone?

Line_HTX

Time to become a Blazers fan for the next week or so #RipCity #DameDOLLA #RealBrookfield #NoGoodClipper
Clippers are too busy making commercials to worry about something silly like the playoffs.

:lol These are too good.

No, Curry is out for two weeks and then will be reevaluated to determine when he can return. So he is out for a minimum of two weeks.

Oh, OK. My bad. I read that wrong.

Fjordson

Hopefully Kerr stops messing around and gets serious about his rotations. It's cute to mess around against Houston, but against LAC with no Steph that won't work imo. Should start Iguodala, let Harry B work against the backups, and no more McAdoo in the first quarter over Ezeli and Speights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom