• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

DCX

DCX
Advance to the playoffs! I ended up in the 4-5 with my dreaded foe Chris and his Nuggets. It's going to be fun, if you can roll tonight Chris lets do this!

DCX

Smokey

Playoffs have been generated!!! Let's go!!! Here is the matchups:

Warriors
Lakers

Nuggets
Hornets

Rockets
Celtics

Bulls
Magic

Let's see if we can get the playoffs moving we all know what mega game comes out next week.

Smokey Bones said:
Playoffs have been generated!!! Let's go!!! Here is the matchups:

Warriors
Lakers

Nuggets
Hornets

Rockets
Celtics

Bulls
Magic

Let's see if we can get the playoffs moving we all know what mega game comes out next week.

Comes out earlier for some...you lucky #$#$$#$#$@4

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Comes out earlier for some...you lucky #$#$$#$#$@4

shh:D

it's fucking amazing

well we all know who got mvp, but I think it did but you have to check it through the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf I have to play the Celtics....argdjhejfhjerhgjhr

I'm free now CB

DCX said:
Advance to the playoffs! I ended up in the 4-5 with my dreaded foe Chris and his Nuggets. It's going to be fun, if you can roll tonight Chris lets do this!

DCX

I'm really sorry for not responding earlier, but the timing for this really couldn't have been worse. I'm out of town until late Sunday night, but I will do my best to get back at a decent time (hopefully by 9 EST) so we can get our games in then if you'll be around. Sorry to hold the playoffs up guys... But I will be able to get my games in Sunday, and anytime during the week. I know GTA IV is going to be amazing, but I can make room in my schedule for NBA 2k8 playoffs (if I manage to make it out of the first round) :D

By the way, very surprised to see you as my first round opponent, DCX. It's really wack how 2k decides the seeding (alphabetical by the teams nickname). Teams 3-5 all had the same record (14-10)...

I see that CB won the series with Matrix. Congrats.

It was a good season Matrix. Bad luck with the whole Yao thing...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It was a good season and CB just had to much fire power against me and outplayed me.

Don't feel bad for me about Yao,that was my choice not to use him and now I have more time for GTAIV :p

I'd like to take a little time out of my day to say that I fucking hate XBL sometimes. I was playing the greatest game ever in game 2 when they decided to fuck the game up.

ugh. now watch shawn kill me...

AirBrian

Good series, Smokey. I had my chance in Game 2 -- tied going into the 4th -- but you're just too good with your shooters. I will say I'm proud of my D this season. My offense however...not so much. If only I had discovered Nocioni's shot earlier in the season.

And just curious if this happens to anyone else, but when you're controlling a player on defense, does the computer make your guy jump sometimes? Holy shit it's annoying. I have perfect position to contest a shot, but the computer jumps my guy leaving the shooter with plenty of space to shoot. It really sucks against better players (like Smokey) who can shoot well with their shooters. That happened to me like 5 times that game. :-(

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Good series, Smokey. I had my chance in Game 2 -- tied going into the 4th -- but you're just too good with your shooters. I will say I'm proud of my D this season. My offense however...not so much. If only I had discovered Nocioni's shot earlier in the season.

And just curious if this happens to anyone else, but when you're controlling a player on defense, does the computer make your guy jump sometimes? Holy shit it's annoying. I have perfect position to contest a shot, but the computer jumps my guy leaving the shooter with plenty of space to shoot. It really sucks against better players (like Smokey) who can shoot well with their shooters. That happened to me like 5 times that game. :-(

Really good effort man especially that 2nd game. I couldn't get any rhythm for much of the game. But I pretty much said I had to come out aggressive in the 4th to establish tempo. The 2nd quarter of the game killed me my 14 to your 26. Man I couldn't stop Nocioni!! I tried changing defenders, maybe putting a taller one on him and he was still butter.

Good series now I move onto my 2nd nemesis the Boston Celtics. I had to get past them last year with AKA to get to the finals, and I have to beat them again this year to do the same. Bad luck but I'm ready CB3 holla!!

Great series Pheeniks! Luckily I was able to get Kobe going in the third quarter which opened up the game for my role players to hit big shots. You're always a tough play and I think I'll be in better shape next round because of it!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Sorry to hold you guys up. I'm back and can play in ~30 minutes, I just have to put some stuff away before I can play.

Nothin to apologize for, there is a thing called real life.:D

Smokey

Looks like Chris put up a good battle but DCX prevails. Congrats to DCX and Chris you had a good season bro.

On to Round 2 boys!

DCX said:
My reward for working so hard is to play my biggest big in the ass :/ See ya so playa.

DCX

Does not compute...

But I'm ready to fight you tooth and nail for a trip to the finals whenever you are ready!

Holla :D

Smokey

CB3 it would be a big help if we could somehow play before tomorrow night(11pm central). I've got a big week coming up with tests for school.

Smokey

CB3 said:
can you play tonight? cause i wont be home at all tomorrow.

Damn, won't be able to play tonight..have to work tomorrow in the morning. What about the evening of Tuesday. I know GTA IV comes out that day, but still.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
You're EST right? If so, that would be perfect. Perhaps we can get in two games before the Lakers sweep the Nuggz.

You know the AIM name whenever you're ready!
Yeah, sounds like a plan. I hope to have some comp for you. I'm starting to know how to play with Paul :p Still wont help cuase you will block 15 shots for sure and get 22 steals and 18 off rebounds lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
Good games shawn. even though i lost i felt i gave it my all. i played as hard as i could but it was no match to your higher skill set and kobe. i didnt feel cheated which is a first since my first win against you when i had the knicks. gl in the finals. til next time i hate u lol

DCX

Just wanted to say good series DCX and good season everyone.

I really thought that this might be my year. I was playing great with the Nuggets for most of the year and I thought I could take anyone out. That's why my first round exit was so disappointing.

Still, we were able to finish all of the regular season, I had the best 3 pt. shooting percentage (team-wise) :D , and the playoffs are in full swing. I'd say we've had a very successful season.

DCX said:
Good games shawn. even though i lost i felt i gave it my all. i played as hard as i could but it was no match to your higher skill set and kobe. i didnt feel cheated which is a first since my first win against you when i had the knicks. gl in the finals. til next time i hate u lol

DCX

Yup good series! Sucks that it's only best of three as I would prefer a best of five scenario. This will potentially be a bigger pain in the ass in the finals as both Smokey and CB have notched victories against me this season.

Hurry up boys, it's time to get these finals in as I'm hopelessly being enthralled with Liberty City...

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Yup good series! Sucks that it's only best of three as I would prefer a best of five scenario. This will potentially be a bigger pain in the ass in the finals as both Smokey and CB have notched victories against me this season.

Hurry up boys, it's time to get these finals in as I'm hopelessly being enthralled with Liberty City...

We're gonna play in ab 10 mins.

ChrisJames said:
Just wanted to say good series DCX and good season everyone.

I really thought that this might be my year. I was playing great with the Nuggets for most of the year and I thought I could take anyone out. That's why my first round exit was so disappointing.

Still, we were able to finish all of the regular season, I had the best 3 pt. shooting percentage (team-wise) :D , and the playoffs are in full swing. I'd say we've had a very successful season.

Agreed! Even with the WWE style entertainment that I provided this year with several members here...I'm happy to have played with you all this season. Hopefully next year 2K continues making strides toward finally delivering a polished and relatively bug free basketball experience.

Top Bottom