• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
POST 1,000 IS MINE BIZNATCHS!

Id be happy with speeding the league along

Matrix said:
POST 1,000 IS MINE BIZNATCHS!

Id be happy with speeding the league along

Wrong-O. You're post 1,001, but you do have the 1,000th reply :D

Just for the hell of it:

Total Posts: 1,002
User Name Posts
Smokey Bones 217
Matrix 160
DCX 122
ChrisJames 103
AirBrian 94
Shawnwhann 72
pheeniks 69
CB3 61
Truelize 52
GCQuinton 27
AkaBalla 17
vumpler 3
seattle6418 2
Fifty 1
Malleymal 1
Zep 1

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
We need to expedite the end of the regular season. As we all know, there is a certain game coming out next Tuesday...

Definitely.

I couldn't play last night, and CB isn't at home now so looks like we aren't going to get it in tonight. Sorry, guys.

Looks like we're playing tomorrow evening.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:

Just for the hell of it:

User Name Posts
Smokey Bones 217
Matrix 160
DCX 122
ChrisJames 103
AirBrian 94
Shawnwhann 72
pheeniks 69
CB3 61
Truelize 52
GCQuinton 27
AkaBalla 17
vumpler 3
seattle6418 2
Fifty 1
Malleymal 1
Zep 1

I MEANT REPLY! :(

Smokey

ChrisJames said:

Just for the hell of it:

User Name Posts
Smokey Bones 217
Matrix 160
DCX 122
ChrisJames 103
AirBrian 94
Shawnwhann 72
pheeniks 69
CB3 61
Truelize 52
GCQuinton 27
AkaBalla 17
vumpler 3
seattle6418 2
Fifty 1
Malleymal 1
Zep 1

:D

This week seemed longer because XBL was down for most of the day so I put an extra day on to make up for it. AirBrian said they should be able to play tomorrow so it should be all good and hopefully the season can end by Friday so we can head to the glorious post-season.

When you guys say speed it along are you talking about the regular season or the playoffs? GTAIV is coming next week but the playoffs are the most fun and when everybody plays seriously.

I would prefer a best of 5 series which is what it's set at but I'd be open to change it if the majority don't want that.

Matrix

Best of 5 is going to last too long imo and GTA IV...

We should vote,but Id prefer shorter.

I'd say we plan on advancing the week tomorrow night and then having the season ending on Thursday night or Friday if necessary.

And I vote for best of 3 playoff series. 5 would be nice, but I think it would end up taking too long.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
I'd say we plan on advancing the week tomorrow night and then having the season ending on Thursday night or Friday if necessary.

And I vote for best of 3 playoff series. 5 would be nice, but I think it would end up taking too long.

Agreed. Hopefully they can play tomorrow, and we can get the last game of the regular season finished before Friday.

So my system crapped out on me twice today, both times in the middle of a game of 2k8. I got the two red lights, which I found out means that the system is overheating. So, I went on to wipe off the dust from all the vents and also took a Dirt Devil Kone (handheld vacuum) to all the vents in order to suck out dust (something I read online). My system actually runs quieter now and I haven't had the two red rings since.

Long story short, vacuuming out your 360 with a handheld vac might prolong the life of your 360!

Matrix

XBL is going down when GTAIV hits,the interwebs will go crazy!

Smokey

Yeah me and Chris tried to play 2x and both times in the 2nd quarter it d/c saying ethernet cable was unplugged.

AirBrian whats up on your game?

AirBrian

You can advance the league. We'll get it in tomorrow. These last two games are critical and I'd rather not risk replaying them because of disconnects (that actually aren't 2K's fault this time ZOMG!).

Great game Smokey.

I was very lucky that Kleiza made that layup and 1 near the end of regulation, otherwise you probably would have beat me. Howard had me scared the whole game, because I knew that you could just post up down low and lay it in with him if it was tight at the end of the game...

Once again, great game and maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs.

Smokey

Good win Chris. Fun game, my guys simply didn't have anything left in the tank in OT. All of my go to guys all had Gatorade cups underneath them, and Bogans and Lewis both had the cold symbol next to their name. Left Howard as my only other option but again he was gassed . Wasn't really a impact game for me as much as it was for you and you were on point with A.I. and Melo!! I think it was a sign for me. Game d/c us twice, my 360 froze when I was trying to tell you gg through XBL:lol

I'd say a critical point in OT with like 1:30 left and I had you D'd up and somehow you went into the backcourt. So I had to decide if that qualified under the rule because I picked you up at the 3 point line from an inbounds play and just manned up. In the end I decided it was probably better to give you the ball back, but the devil and angel were definietly on the opposite sides of my shoulders:lol !!

The league has been advanced to the final game. AirBrian and CB3 will get there game in tomorrow, but after that we're on the last game. Been a long 3 months but playoffs are here, but with terrible terrible timing (GTA IV). Regardless of the poll on the website I've decided that a best of 3 series for the playoffs will be fine.

Try if at all possible to get your last game played by Friday, midnight CDT.

Yeah, I noticed that most of your guys were running on fumes in OT, so I made sure not to call a timeout :lol

Like you said, it wasn't an impact game for you, but it was a huge win for me and will hopefully give me a nice boost as I get ready for the postseason.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
GCQuinton (and CB), I'll be around tonight after 7 PM CDT.

Cool. You guys have the ability to move the schedule back and forth between weeks. Just go to the league website:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=234604&t=NBA2K8

Go to:

Admin
Pending actions
Retreat schedule back to week 23
Go back to admin drop down menu, select games
Click on edit result of Airbrian v. Coldblooded, and there will be an option to reset the game. Click that and you're done.

AirBrian

F'n 2K.

So I go to reset the game, which I've done before twice (it's not hard to do), and it kicks me out of the league. :lol

CB has sent me invitations but they don't show up. I can't join because the league is "full" (and I'm guessing that's why I didn't get the invitations).

Any suggestions?

Oh, and 2K sucks!

Smokey

AirBrian said:
F'n 2K.

So I go to reset the game, which I've done before twice (it's not hard to do), and it kicks me out of the league. :lol

CB has sent me invitations but they don't show up. I can't join because the league is "full" (and I'm guessing that's why I didn't get the invitations).

Any suggestions?

Oh, and 2K sucks!

I'll check it out right now, but how did you manage to kick yourself out the league?

Log out of the 2K site, and exit browser. Go back to the site (www.2ksports.com), click on online leagues. It'll say sign in on Xbox 360. Do that, and it'll take you to the main screen where it shows the leagues you're in as well as tourney's. The last option is your inbox, and that's where the invites should be. I just sent you one as well. I've no clue why it says league is full when it's obviously not but just try again.

AirBrian

Yeah, I've done that several times now. Even went through the game's menus too.

And I have no idea how I kicked myself out. All I did was reset the game.

Smokey

Well looks like there's not too much that can be done I guess.

I just sent an email off to 2K tech support as well as customer service so hopefully they can get back to me on a solution by Friday on what to do.

Is that what it is saying though, that the league is full?

Smokey, you still want to play tonight? I figure 6 min qtrs should be good.

If you want to play we should get started soon, though. I want to see the last quarter or so of the Nuggets/Lakers game.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Smokey, you still want to play tonight? I figure 6 min qtrs should be good.

If you want to play we should get started soon, though. I want to see the last quarter or so of the Nuggets/Lakers game.

Go ahead and finish the game, I'm trying to figure out why fucking Halo 3 is saying I don't have the Legendary pack DL when I clearly do because the stupid system says I do under Halo 3/memory.

Anyway go ahead and finish the game, and we can play after if you want. I would've been home around 10 but the g/f had the car and you know how they can be!

I'll be on XBL for awhile playing H3 so if you still wanna play shoot me a PM through XBL.

AirBrian

gg, GCQuinton. It was a back and forth kind of game that came down to the wire. We both had our chances to really put the game away and kept blowing it. I got a little lucky and hit some big shots to get back into it.

Smokey

last game of the regular season:

lakers v. celtics

Hope you guys can get it in before tomorrow night so we can start the playoffs this weekend.

Here are the standings

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Orlando Magic
3. New Orleans Hornets
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Boston Celtics
6. Houston Rockets
7. Chicago Bulls
8. Golden State Warriors

The only spots that have a possibility to change are spots 3-5 if CB wins.

Quinton you put up a good battle towards the end of the season, you really started playing well with the Jazz, just came up a little short b/c to the way you started the season. I think when we do another season if you play like you did at the end of this one you'll make some noise.

Smokey

CB3 or Shawn please post in here if you guys plan on playing tonight. I'm advancing the league tonight so that we can start the playoffs this weekend.

CB3 said:
i have slain the dragon

Glad to make your evening! May your high from tonight sustain you until our potential playoff match down the road.

Now that the boring regular seaon is over, it's time to kick my game up a level.

Top Bottom