• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Smokey

DCX said:
We can try to get the game in today. Depends when my sister gets here. She will be visiting and staying for 4 days.

DCX

Alright just let me know what time works for you, i'm anxious to play.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
Alright just let me know what time works for you, i'm anxious to play.
Yeah me too, it's going to be an important game for me to establish some confidence in beating a AAA level player, which i have yet to do this season. I can't settle for being just a second tier player if i want to make noise in the playoffs, a win against you will do all that for me.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Yeah me too, it's going to be an important game for me to establish some confidence in beating a AAA level player, which i have yet to do this season. I can't settle for being just a second tier player if i want to make noise in the playoffs, a win against you will do all that for me.

DCX

I'll be sure to give you my best shot, can't have Paul going off on me like he did sorry Dallas yesterday!

Shawnwhann said:
I'm up for playing games today Smokey and Matrix. Hit me up on AIM when you're ready!

ProfessaSkillset

Let's go shawn! Shawn and I are about to play so I'm going to set the week back.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shawn,I'll play you after if you want.Seems the mlb servers are down so I cant play FMT.

Smokey

Golden State (8-15) 21 24 17 18 16 96
Utah (6-17) 20 23 21 16 14 94

I bet that was an awesome game. Big game for both teams and it goes into OT and is decided by 2 pts. Any commentary I'm curious how this game went down.

GCQuinton

Smokey Bones said:
Golden State (8-15) 21 24 17 18 16 96
Utah (6-17) 20 23 21 16 14 94

I bet that was an awesome game. Big game for both teams and it goes into OT and is decided by 2 pts. Any commentary I'm curious how this game went down.

"...GCQuinton couldn't be reached for comment"
:lol

Seriously though, aside from a few lead changes that weren't any bigger than five or six points, it was literally back and forth the whole game. If I had gotten my timing on the last inbounds pass down, it would have gone into another OT.

GG pheeniks, but damn losing these close games just suck. On the bright side, I've got a MUCH better grasp of the Jazz than when the season started. If we do another season, I'm gonna hang onto them.

yeah, gg.

I think I was down by 6 with a min in regulation but davis hit two threes to tie it up and send it to OT. after that it was whatever

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Shawn.

I couldn't handle Kobe aka God aka the fucker who never misses :( and your run and gun style totally wore out my bigs.Deke could hardly stay on the court or Scola...hell Tmac was dying half the time.

Brooks kept me in the game in the first half and then he remembered he's not that good and a rookie and I couldnt buy a shot.

Smokey

Told you your butt kickin was comin shawn

22-1

you sure were tryin 56(62 if ya include your 2nd chance) pts in paint, shaking camera on free throws at the end, fouling my guys on fastbreaks

but that's OK as long as you got that 1 next to your record

gg

LOL, that was pathetic Smokey.

You didn't even try and play manual defense thoughout the game. Sitting in every passing lane you could trying to intercept passes to Kobe was classic..... If you are going to do that, then don't complain when I foul you on a breakaway. Your little tantum midgame was a reason why I didn't do it later in the game when I could have stopped easy points that would have been big in clinching the game...

Smokey Bones said:
Told you your butt kickin was comin shawn

22-1

you sure were tryin 56(62 if ya include your 2nd chance) pts in paint, shaking camera on free throws at the end, fouling my guys on fastbreaks

but that's OK as long as you got that 1 next to your record

gg

Dude I have your number and you know it. Despite the fact all three games we played were in Orlando (homecourt bullshit...) I nearly swept the season series.

You refusal to play manual defense was a big reason I had to resort to the paint points. I got something special for you next time we play now I know you've thrown manual d out the door! I can't wait to send you fishing in the playoffs!

Matrix

DRAMA

good shit

AirBrian

ShotsFired.gif

Smokey

Oh WOW

I beat you at your own game and you wanna get pissed? It doesn't feel good does it when somebody just jumps in passing lanes all day and doesn't play manual. That's all you were doing. Double teaming me outside of the paint MULTIPLE TIMES. Intentional fouling me on FAST BREAKS.

And you wanna leave me feedback that says "used some exploits":lol

Don't get upset when somebody gives you a taste of your own shit.

I can play cheeseball but I choose not too, but you've been doing it all season running up the score on people trying to get Kobe the most points you can. You're so used to me just running plays and you just sitting in the passing lanes to pick off the pass that when I switch it up and play your game you get pissy.

And if you're gonna sit there and run pick and rolls with the PG and SF and with whomever else knowing DAMN WELL that the CPU guy will almost stay stuck to the guy setting you the screen leaving you with a wide open 3 or jumpshot every time..you better believe I'm gonna change it up and wait in the passing lane. I'm not gonna just sit there and let you do the same shit over and over which is almost an exploit. You know what you do and so does everybody else don't try and play dumb.

But regardless you got that -1 next to you mission accomplished.

I'm not even tripping about the loss. With the questionable defensive tactics Smokey used to end up winning the game, he has no room to say I got a "butt kickin" or anything. Now that I know what the game is now, we'll both be playing from the same code next time.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I'm not even tripping about the loss. With the questionable defensive tactics Smokey used to end up winning the game, he has no room to say I got a "butt kickin" or anything. Now that I know what the game is now, we'll both be playing from the same code next time.

56 points in paint
INTENTIONAL FOULING on wide open fast breaks that would be 2 points
Shaking the camera during FT's which NOBODY has done all year, but when you gettin ready to lose you decide to do it.
Flying all over the court trying to intercept passes
Double team MULTIPLE times outside the paint

But it's seriously funny trying to see you make excuses and act like you play straight up ball(like the league is supposed to be) and that oh no I didn't do anything it was all smokey!

You won't beat me in the playoffs. I just beat you, and the last game we played you won on a 3 pointer at the buzzer from Kobe.

Smokey Bones said:
Oh WOW

I beat you at your own game and you wanna get pissed? It doesn't feel good does it when somebody just jumps in passing lanes all day and doesn't play manual. That's all you were doing. Double teaming me outside of the paint MULTIPLE TIMES. Intentional fouling me on FAST BREAKS.

And you wanna leave me feedback that says "used some exploits":lol

Don't get upset when somebody gives you a taste of your own shit.

I can play cheeseball but I choose not too, but you've been doing it all season running up the score on people trying to get Kobe the most points you can. You're so used to me just running plays and you just sitting in the passing lanes to pick off the pass that when I switch it up and play your game you get pissy.

But regardless you got that -1 next to you mission accomplished.

Gimme a f-ing break guy. Hyperbole for the motherfucking win I see....I doubled you two times the whole game. One was with 5 seconds remaining before halftime to prevent a shot from going up, and the other was inside the paint within the rules...

I fouled you once intentionally where you did the "Slam Start x15" move to make a point over how you didn't like it. From that point I didn't do it again even though I felt justified in several more scenarios later on...

Damn straight I left feedback saying you used exploits because you did...and you don't deny it as evidenced by your post. The calling 3 straight timeouts to regain stamina trick had me rolling over here by the way....

Don't try to stur up shit about how I am using cheeseball to run up the score on people. I sit my starters after I get a big enough lead, I can't help the fact I'm really good at the game. There isn't anything cheesy about how I choose to play with Kobe. I'm not driving into the paint repeatedly for easy dunks or layups. Kobe is perimeter palyer and that's how he gets 60% of his points. If I had a legitmate low post presence in this game, I'd share the wealth down there more often...

Regarding defense, you dont have an argument. You didn't play manual defense this game for any substanial stretch of time this game. You can spin it anyway you want, but we both know the truth.

Congrats, despite the fact you used every trick in the book you barely won. Like I said, now I know the game, we'll be on the same page for the playoffs....

Smokey Bones said:
56 points in paint
INTENTIONAL FOULING on wide open fast breaks that would be 2 points
Shaking the camera during FT's which NOBODY has done all year, but when you gettin ready to lose you decide to do it.
Flying all over the court trying to intercept passes
Double team MULTIPLE times outside the paint

But it's seriously funny trying to see you make excuses and act like you play straight up ball(like the league is supposed to be) and that oh no I didn't do anything it was all smokey!

You won't beat me in the playoffs. I just beat you, and the last game we played you won on a 3 pointer at the buzzer from Kobe.

Paint issue discussed already... from my prior game with Matrix I scored something like 38points in the paint out of a toal of 110 or so. I prefer my points from the perimeter...

Free throw shaking is done automatically when I hold of the LT button to secure the potential rebound.

More hyperbole about flying across the court, must have mistaken me for the random game you played prior to this one...

Double team issue is a flat out lie.

I'm not making excuses, I'm making it known I didn't appreciate how you chose to conduct yourself. I do play straight up ball. I'm sorry if I get the occasional blowout and I average 40 ppg with the best player in the game...but those reasons aren't justification for branding my game "cheese"

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Gimme a f-ing break guy. Hyperbole for the motherfucking win I see....I doubled you two times the whole game. One was with 5 seconds remaining before halftime to prevent a shot from going up, and the other was inside the paint within the rules...

I fouled you once intentionally where you did the "Slam Start x15" move to make a point over how you didn't like it. From that point I didn't do it again even though I felt justified in several more scenarios later on...

Damn straight I left feedback saying you used exploits because you did...and you don't deny it as evidenced by your post. The calling 3 straight timeouts to regain stamina trick had me rolling over here by the way....

Don't try to stur up shit about how I am using cheeseball to run up the score on people. I sit my starters after I get a big enough lead, I can't help the fact I'm really good at the game. There isn't anything cheesy about how I choose to play with Kobe. I'm not driving into the paint repeatedly for easy dunks or layups. Kobe is perimeter palyer and that's how he gets 60% of his points. If I had a legitmate low post presence in this game, I'd share the wealth down there more often...

Regarding defense, you dont have an argument. You didn't play manual defense this game for any substanial stretch of time this game. You can spin it anyway you want, but we both know the truth.

Congrats, despite the fact you used every trick in the book you barely won. Like I said, now I know the game, we'll be on the same page for the playoffs....

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

epic meltdown shawn it's one loss. so you've done nothing wrong the entire season right? Right?

Mmk

Calling MY 3 timeouts..that are MINE btw means I don't have to consult you about shit on when, how, or where I use them. They aren't yours. They are MINE. So tell me how it can be an exploit, when I use the 3 TO's before the 4th because otherwise you lose them...when YOU GET THE SAME BENEFIT THAT I DO. You think it's only my guys that get to take advantage of TO's??!?!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm not going to waste my time typing out shit b/c it's gonna be he said she said but you know how you play and so does everybody else and that's fine, but don't get pissed when someone turns around and plays the same way you do and b/c you're on the losing end get all pissy.

How I conduct myself?? WTF does this mean? The whole butt kicking thing was tongue in cheek. Obviously I didn't 'kick your butt' I won by 3 pts, but I guess when you're having meltdowns the tinyiest thing will get to you.

Smokey Bones said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

epic meltdown shawn it's one loss. so you've done nothing wrong the entire season right? Right?

Mmk

Calling MY 3 timeouts..that are MINE btw means I don't have to consult you about shit on when, how, or where I use them. They aren't yours. They are MINE. So tell me how it can be an exploit, when I use the 3 TO's before the 4th because otherwise you lose them...when YOU GET THE SAME BENEFIT THAT I DO. You think it's only my guys that get to take advantage of TO's??!?!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm not going to waste my time typing out shit b/c it's gonna be he said she said but you know how you play and so does everybody else.

Seems like you are the one having the epic breakdown....But don't lecture me on playing sim. when you call three straight back to back to back timeouts... My theory as I sat there bewildered by the timeout scenario...was that you did it to regain stamina points you wouldn't have otherwise. That prolonged sequence frustrated me and took me out of focus for a bit...Show me one case study of that ever happening in real life and I'll Paypal you $100 tonight!

I'm not saying i don't have regrets about some games I've played this year...particularly the one where I went for 66 with Kobe in challenge to myself. But speculating on how I must have cheesed everyone to produce the season I've had is insulting. You've got game, but I have some as well. I had issue with your go to move on defense that I perceived as highly questionable and it ultimately decided the game. You fired the first shot with your synopsis of the game, so I'm just firing back...

For the record, I'm completely happy with 22-1 record. The real season doesn't start anyway until the playoffs. See you there...

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:

Seems like you are the one having the epic breakdown....But don't lecture me on playing sim. when you call three straight back to back to back timeouts... My theory as I sat there bewildered by the timeout scenario...was that you did it to regain stamina points you wouldn't have otherwise. That prolonged sequence frustrated me and took me out of focus for a bit...Show me one case study of that ever happening in real life and I'll Paypal you $100 tonight!

I'm not saying i don't have regrets about some games I've played this year...particularly the one where I went for 66 with Kobe in challenge to myself. But speculating on how I must have cheesed everyone to produce the season I've had is insulting. You've got game, but I have some as well. I had issue with your go to move on defense that I perceived as highly questionable and it ultimately decided the game. You fired the first shot with your synopsis of the game, so I'm just firing back...

For the record, I'm completely happy with 22-1 record. The real season doesn't start anyway until the playoffs. See you there...

Again..dude..my TO's that I didn't use were going to go to waste. So instead of having them go to waste I call them. No shit I call them back to back there was only 18 seconds left wtf else do you want me to do.

2nd. You act like I used them to my advantage..when..listen to me..you also gain stamina when I used the TO's. It'd be different if TO's only gave the team who used them stamina or whatever...but it's not like that. I had 3 TO's I didn't use..said shit it's about to be the 4th and used them. I'll gladly not do that again so we'll agree to disagree but you however can't admit anything and act like you have no fault or some kind of saint in this game.

So how do you know I didn't call a box and 1 for my D? I knew you were going to Kobe so I stayed on him. You had 4 other players on the court perfectly capable of making a shot he wasn't your only option, but he's the one I took away. There's no difference between me being on him and me manually switching when you do your trademark pick and roll with every available position on the court, and me having to try and scramble my defender because the CPU will get sucked into the guy who set the screen. I simply eliminated a step and stayed with Kobe.

I didn't say you cheesed to obtain the season you've had. Where did I say that? All I said is if you want to play the opposite of sim so can I, but I did not say you cheesed the entire season or whatever your interpretation is.

Smokey

Wow DCX good game man. Final score was 62-60, Howard hit the game winning jumpshot on the low block at the buzzer to win the game. You played very well. . I don't know how I won that game...

because it was quite possibly the worst shooting performance I've ever displayed. Let's run down the stats:

41% shooting
0 FTs
0/15 on 3 pointers

R. Lewis 4/18 shooting with 8 fucking points

I literally couldn't hit shit. I had to literally force it down the paint to get any points, nobody and I mean nobody could hit a fucking jumpshot.

Meanwhile Peja was on fire. He hit the game tying bucket with 7 seconds left and finished with 26 pts (11-16) and 3-5 on 3's. I should be happy that I won the game at the buzzer but instead I'm kind of perplexed at how I won that game:lol . Layups were missed, wide open jumpers. Wow.

Good game DCX I know that was a pretty big game for you and you played very well. I just got very lucky.

DCX said:
Once again against Smokey he outshots by double figures. I had 58 shots to his 74!!!!! WTF?!?!? I lose by two on a 8 foot jump shot by Howard....i just sat there in disbelief....thats a game i should have won.... second tier it is...

DCX

Dude I don't know. That should tell you how much I was chucking the ball. I'm looking at the stats trying to figure it out and I can't:lol . I had 12 offensive rebounds to your 5 but hell 4 of those came on one possession when I missed got the rebound tried to layup..rinse repeat..and didn't make anything.

I dunno man. I will say that Howard was actually on fire(I checked the screen to see how many points your guys' have to see who was the hottest and Howard had the ball of fire next to his name so I had it in my mind I was gonna go to him) but I didn't expect him to shoot a jumpshot on the block but had no choice due to time.

DCX

DCX
Once again against Smokey he outshots by double figures. I had 58 shots to his 74!!!!! WTF?!?!? I lose by two on a 8 foot jump shot by Howard....i just sat there in disbelief....thats a game i should have won.... second tier it is...

DCX

Shawnwhann said:

Man, I wish this game had a spectator mode. It would be awesome to watch you two play while the rest of the league could watch it and chat about the game.

Also, it needs to be said that you two are getting way ahead of yourselves. There's no guarantee that you'll play each other again this season.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Man, I wish this game had a spectator mode. It would be awesome to watch you two play while the rest of the league could watch it and chat about the game.

Also, it needs to be said that you two are getting way ahead of yourselves. There's no guarantee that you'll play each other again this season.

You notice I didn't say anything. All I said is he wouldn't beat me if we met, he's the one assuming he's automatically gonna be in the ship(since we'll be on opposite sides of the bracket). I played dcx earlier and won by 2 and played quinton the game before who also played me very well so I'm not taking anybody for granted.

DCX

DCX
You said something very telling. You said you played Shawn at his game and " cheeseballed him like he does all of us, it's wonderful knowing that it's a choice not a game style. Shawn chooses to play like he does cause as much as you are a better player than I am, at least i feel like the game is lost and won by game related circumstances rather than low ball tactics. Shawn might be a decent guy, but i have always butted heads with him. My number one thing: Win at the cost of bending, not breaking the rules and playing "videogame" sports. stealing bases with a 7 run lead in the 8th, throwing deep balls and trying to score when leading by 42 in the fourth qrt in football, and all the bs that he dictates in 2k. I can take a loss. Very well actually. I just hate to lose when the game wasn't fair from the first whistle/.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
You said something very telling. You said you played Shawn at his game and " cheeseballed him like he does all of us, it's wonderful knowing that it's a choice not a game style. Shawn chooses to play like he does cause as much as you are a better player than I am, at least i feel like the game is lost and won by game related circumstances rather than low ball tactics. Shawn might be a decent guy, but i have always butted heads with him. My number one thing: Win at the cost of bending, not breaking the rules and playing "videogame" sports. stealing bases with a 7 run lead in the 8th, throwing deep balls and trying to score when leading by 42 in the fourth qrt in football, and all the bs that he dictates in 2k. I can take a loss. Very well actually. I just hate to lose when the game wasn't fair from the first whistle/.

DCX

wrd

The sad part is that Shawn doesn't have a clue what we bark about regarding his game. It all comes down to "I can't help it if I'm good at this game".

:lol :lol

It's no surprise that two of my most historical haters in DCX and Truelize decide to chime in here. For context, I think in all the games I've ever played either of them I usually end up winning via huge blowouts whether it's Madden or NBA. To use generalizations about hypothetical scenarios where DCX "projects" what I would do is bullsiht. I dont throw bombs up 42 points in Madden, hell,I dont think I've ever won a game by 42 points in a league game... BTW DCX, If i were cheese in Madden, why you even bother reaching out to me and spend a couple hours picking my brain about strategies in Madden? Why even associate yourself with someone that notoriously "bends" the rules? I dont get it...

I think the real problem you guys have is the fact I play to win decisively. I play to win. If that makes me an asshole, then I'll be the asshole. I dont want to merely be good or great, I want to be the best! Though True has a different opinion, I feel I can have that perspective while being a positive and active member in the league community. I've discussed strategies with several members here, and unless those guys are fronting.... many of those guys don't have a problem with how I play.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
:lol :lol

It's no surprise that two of my most historical haters in DCX and Truelize decide to chime in here. For context, I think in all the games I've ever played either of them I usually end up winning via huge blowouts whether it's Madden or NBA. To use generalizations about hypothetical scenarios where DCX "projects" what I would do is bullsiht. I dont throw bombs up 42 points in Madden, hell,I dont think I've ever won a game by 42 points in a league game... BTW DCX, If i were cheese in Madden, why you even bother reaching out to me and spend a couple hours picking my brain about strategies in Madden? Why even associate yourself with someone that notoriously "bends" the rules? I dont get it...

I think the real problem you guys have is the fact I play to win decisively. I play to win. If that makes me an asshole, then I'll be the asshole. I dont want to merely be good or great, I want to be the best! Though True has a different opinion, I feel I can have that perspective while being a positive and active member in the league community. I've discussed strategies with several members here, and unless those guys are fronting.... many of those guys don't have a problem with how I play.
I reached out to you to discuss basics to playing the game of Madden. I have reached out to FMT, Wellie and i went and asked you. All have different ways of playing the game and all of you have different ways of doing it. I never asked umm what plays to you run so i can use those plays. I asked what would be a good play for man to man, or what would work in a zone or maybe what would be audibles...nothing about that calls attention to you being a dishonest player. It's ok to play for a blowout, it's just how you get there is the problem.

DCX

DCX said:
I reached out to you to discuss basics to playing the game of Madden. I have reached out to FMT, Wellie and i went and asked you. All have different ways of playing the game and all of you have different ways of doing it. I never asked umm what plays to you run so i can use those plays. I asked what would be a good play for man to man, or what would work in a zone or maybe what would be audibles...nothing about that calls attention to you being a dishonest player. It's ok to play for a blowout, it's just how you get there is the problem.

DCX

IMHO there is only one consistent way to win by large margins, that's being aggressive and unrelenting with your game. Your explanation does not sufficiently explain why I was one of the selected few that you engaged for conversation to improve YOUR game. Again, if I'm so "dishonest" and suspect, why even have anything to do with me... From your testimony on my play, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between me and say...a Vumpler or somebody. Which is bullshit!

Speaking of honesty, keep it real about why you hold a grudge against me... When I jumped into the GAF league scene; I was a trash talking and successful noob that didn't know the etiquette of the league play here. Since my early days in my first NCAA league a couple of years ago, I'm greatly changed my correspondance as most of the guys here don't like to engage in some good ol' fashioned trash talk. For some reason you want to attribute my attitude and play now with how I was when I first jumped into the league scene here.

I care about my perception here, but I have come to realize that there will always be a select few that will always be haters due to my early days... I don't harbor ill will or resentment towards anybody here including Smokey, DCX or True....I'm sorry the feeling isn't mutual but I'm not going pander or excessively kiss anyone's ass to foster a change in perception.

Hate it or love it baby....

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
IMHO there is only one consistent way to win by large margins, that's being aggressive and unrelenting with your game. Your explanation does not sufficiently explain why I was one of the selected few that you engaged for conversation to improve YOUR game. Again, if I'm so "dishonest" and suspect, why even have anything to do with me... From your testimony on my play, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between me and say...a Vumpler or somebody. Which is bullshit!

Speaking of honesty, keep it real about why you hold a grudge against me... When I jumped into the GAF league scene; I was a trash talking and successful noob that didn't know the etiquette of the league play here. Since my early days in my first NCAA league a couple of years ago, I'm greatly changed my correspondance as most of the guys here don't like to engage in some good ol' fashioned trash talk. For some reason you want to attribute my attitude and play now with how I was when I first jumped into the league scene here.

I care about my perception here, but I have come to realize that there will always be a select few that will always be haters due to my early days... I don't harbor ill will or resentment towards anybody here including Smokey, DCX or True....I'm sorry the feeling isn't mutual but I'm not going pander or excessively kiss anyone's ass to foster a change in perception.

Hate it or love it baby....

I didn't even know you before I played and beat you in the GAF finals in season 3, so I don't know how you acted or this and that. I just know that even when I played you then you were the only one out of everyone that just about played as arcade as you could get, when I signed up I thought it was for a semi-sim league a healthy balance between the two.

Come to season 4 and you play the same way. So two + two together says that's your style of play, but again I thought we were all on the same page for the most part on certain rules ettiquette etc. It didn't help that the first game of the season you kept skipping through my subs by pressing start and other little things.

After losing to you twice, looking at your VIP file to see what your tendencies were, it was obvious some of the things you do. So yes, I play you differently that I play everybody else because I don't agree with some of the things you do and when somebody tries to tell you you deny any wrongdoing.

There's a difference between wanting to win and deliberately taking every shot with Kobe or going for 50+ on somebody just because you can or w/e your reason was. Like DCX stated, it's not the blowouts it's how you get there.

Ain't nobody asking you to kiss anyone's ass. Everybody wants to win the ship and some of us are trying to repeat(*ahem*) but that's not an excuse for you to play a certain way. It's your style, just don't get upset when someone does the same to you.

Smokey Bones said:
I didn't even know you before I played and beat you in the GAF finals in season 3, so I don't know how you acted or this and that. I just know that even when I played you then you were the only one out of everyone that just about played as arcade as you could get, when I signed up I thought it was for a semi-sim league a healthy balance between the two.

Come to season 4 and you play the same way. So two + two together says that's your style of play, but again I thought we were all on the same page for the most part on certain rules ettiquette etc. It didn't help that the first game of the season you kept skipping through my subs by pressing start and other little things.

After losing to you twice, looking at your VIP file to see what your tendencies were, it was obvious some of the things you do. So yes, I play you differently that I play everybody else because I don't agree with some of the things you do and when somebody tries to tell you you deny any wrongdoing.

There's a difference between wanting to win and deliberately taking every shot with Kobe or going for 50+ on somebody just because you can or w/e your reason was. Like DCX stated, it's not the blowouts it's how you get there.

Ain't nobody asking you to kiss anyone's ass. Everybody wants to win the ship and some of us are trying to repeat(*ahem*) but that's not an excuse for you to play a certain way. It's your style, just don't get upset when someone does the same to you.

My message was primarily directed at DCX, so I don't know where you felt like I was talking to you in the first couple of paragraphs. Regarding my style of play, I played with the Suns (run and gun team) and the Lakers (run n gun/half court team). So yeah I'm going to push tempo and keep you on your toes on defense. It's what they do...

You and I must have different definitions of what's arcade. I define arcade as attempting to steal inbounds passes, humping a defender at mid court, throwing half court passes habitually, jamming on the double team button frequently, 60-70% of your points in the paint etc.... So your argument about me playing as "arcade as it gets" is ridiculous. Your arguments would be much more persuasive if you didn't embellish them as you have consistenly done throughout our little drama here.

Regarding my VIP profile, please feel free to enlighten me on statistics you saw that indicate I cheese?

Regarding use of Kobe, he's averaging 40 points on a team that averages 90 ppg. That's 44% of my offense. For the best individual player in the game, I see that as acceptable.

I'll make sure we are on the same page for the next time we play. You go into the ridiculous zone next game, I'll come on down there too boss...

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
My message was primarily directed at DCX, so I don't know where you felt like I was talking to you in the first couple of paragraphs. Regarding my style of play, I played with the Suns (run and gun team) and the Lakers (run n gun/half court team). So yeah I'm going to push tempo and keep you on your toes on defense. It's what they do...

You and I must have different definitions of what's arcade. I define arcade as attempting to steal inbounds passes, humping a defender at mid court, throwing half court passes habitually, jamming on the double team button frequently, 60-70% of your points in the paint etc.... So your argument about me playing as "arcade as it gets" is ridiculous. Your arguments would be much more persuasive if you didn't embellish them as you have consistenly done throughout our little drama here.

Regarding my VIP profile, please feel free to enlighten me on statistics you saw that indicate I cheese?

Regarding use of Kobe, he's averaging 40 points on a team that averages 90 ppg. That's 44% of my offense. For the best individual player in the game, I see that as acceptable.

I'll make sure we are on the same page for the next time we play. You go into the ridiculous zone next game, I'll come on down there too boss...

It's a forum, just because you were directly talking to DCX doesn't mean I can't say what I have to say.

Anyway it's obvious you're in the 'I do no wrong' frame of mind.

Shawnwhann said:
You go into the ridiculous zone next game, I'll come on down there too boss

Really? Attacking my zone defense implying that it's somehow illegal or something? We can back and forth all day but bottom line is more people disagree with your style of play than do mine.

All of this after one loss jesus.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with overly clogging passing lanes/gambling, whatever you want to call it. I believe that is what Shawn accused Smokey of? (there's too much shit in the previous posts I don't want to bother going back)

Let's put it this way...I'm not calling anyone out here, but in my encounters, I've seen Kobe make some fucking flat out ridiculous dunks/shots in the game. he's like Jesus reincarnated in video game form. true got a taste of it when I played him in an exhibition a while back. to me, that is an exploit, but I wouldn't call it abuse, because if it's there, you ought to take it.

sometimes, and I do believe, that Shawn does play differently than everybody, and it's up to the player to figure out how the fuck to stop it. so if you have to gamble and overly play the passing lanes, then so be it. that might not be so sim but neither is dunking from the free throw line over 3 bigger defenders, which I have seen.

honestly after this post, I still don't really see what the issue is here. is shawn just really pissed because he lost?

pheeniks said:
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with overly clogging passing lanes/gambling, whatever you want to call it. I believe that is what Shawn accused Smokey of? (there's too much shit in the previous posts I don't want to bother going back)

Let's put it this way...I'm not calling anyone out here, but in my encounters, I've seen Kobe make some fucking flat out ridiculous dunks/shots in the game. he's like Jesus reincarnated in video game form. true got a taste of it when I played him in an exhibition a while back. to me, that is an exploit, but I wouldn't call it abuse, because if it's there, you ought to take it.

sometimes, and I do believe, that Shawn does play differently than everybody, and it's up to the player to figure out how the fuck to stop it. so if you have to gamble and overly play the passing lanes, then so be it. that might not be so sim but neither is dunking from the free throw line over 3 bigger defenders, which I have seen.

honestly after this post, I still don't really see what the issue is here. is shawn just really pissed because he lost?

Last time I'll comment on the situation as it's getting a bit tiresome going back and forth...

What I'm accusing Smokey of is aborting a honest attempt to play manual defense for a majority of the game. Instead of playing face up and locking down on my offensive players, I'm manuvering against the CPU with Smokey chilling waiting for me to pass the ball for easy steals and turnovers.

In a nutshell...I was fine to just suck it up and say good game, but Smokey decided to hop on the board and talk about how he kicked my butt while posting statistics in a way to make it look like I cheesed. From there, shit just hit the fan... So it's inaccurate to reduce this drama to the false premise that this is all driven by the fact I lost. I'm 3-4 in the MLB league, but you dont hear me squaking over there in protest...

So for those not following, Smokey beat me by questionable defensive tactics then provokes me by talking shit about it...I fire back calling him out...DCX and True hate on me right on schedule...I fire back... etc. etc.

For the record, I'm not pissed! More entertained than anything else at this point.... 22-1 is fucking incredible and I could have never predicted I'd have this good of a season. I can't wait for the real season to begin next week.

Matrix

Hey one of those was a free W Shawn,I was sick and couldn't play! :p Though you would have kicked my ass like you did the other day.

I cant hang with the Lakers without Yao.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Last time I'll comment on the situation as it's getting a bit tiresome going back and forth...

What I'm accusing Smokey of is aborting a honest attempt to play manual defense for a majority of the game. Instead of playing face up and locking down on my offensive players, I'm manuvering against the CPU with Smokey chilling waiting for me to pass the ball for easy steals and turnovers.

There is only one time you can say I didn't play manual defense and that was when you were coming down and tried to pass the pall to Kobe. I stayed on him because it was obvious you were going to throw to him. That is the THE only instance where you can say with a straight face that I did not play manual D.

I said I kicked you butt in a tongue and cheek way like I said in a previous post but that'll be the last time I joke with you.

AkaBalla

Oh BTW Boston better have a better team 2k wise.. They are so freaking tough to play with.. Unlike the Lakers.. Ray Allen, Pierce are so inconsistent..

i actually don't mind if people want to play passing lanes like that. the on-ball d can be awfully stupid at times...plus, i think there's a way around it.

anyhow moving on.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
We need to expedite the end of the regular season. As we all know, there is a certain game coming out next Tuesday...

right, right

AirBrian and CB3 what's the status of your guys' game?

ChrisJames said:
We need to expedite the end of the regular season. As we all know, there is a certain game coming out next Tuesday...

i agree. one game playoffs?? (i'd seriously be fine with that)

Top Bottom