• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
Just wanted to say good series DCX and good season everyone.

I really thought that this might be my year. I was playing great with the Nuggets for most of the year and I thought I could take anyone out. That's why my first round exit was so disappointing.

Still, we were able to finish all of the regular season, I had the best 3 pt. shooting percentage (team-wise) :D , and the playoffs are in full swing. I'd say we've had a very successful season.

Definitely. I really enjoyed this season too!

Smokey

Good series CB3, you made me sweat it out in game 2. Had a lull where NOBODY on my squad could hit but I eventually overcame it. Had to pretty much force it with Howard you did a good job covering him. I'm happy I won though, you beat me every game of the regular season and I was a little nervous coming into this series because Orlando doesn't match up well with the Celtics.

Shawn...me and you buddy. Rematch of Finals Season 3. We both made it to the ship w/o losing in the playoffs...something has to give.

Time and place.

Smokey Bones said:
Good series CB3, you made me sweat it out in game 2. Had a lull where NOBODY on my squad could hit but I eventually overcame it. Had to pretty much force it with Howard you did a good job covering him. I'm happy I won though, you beat me every game of the regular season and I was a little nervous coming into this series because Orlando doesn't match up well with the Celtics.

Shawn...me and you buddy. Rematch of Finals Season 3. We both made it to the ship w/o losing in the playoffs...something has to give.

Time and place.

Good job CB! If I was going to win this thing, I wanted to go through Smokey. I should be good to play later tonight around 7:30 PST. I wanna make sure I play a warmup game so I'm in the groove of the game for when we play.

May the best man win!

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Good job CB! If I was going to win this thing, I wanted to go through Smokey. I should be good to play later tonight around 7:30 PST. I wanna make sure I play a warmup game so I'm in the groove of the game for when we play.

May the best man win!

Sounds good to me.

AkaBalla

chuck

Good luck Guys!!!

Smokey

BACK 2 BACK CHAMPION BABY!!:D :D

The scores of our games were:

Game 1: 84-76 ORL
Game 2: 87-82 ORL

Really good series Shawn. That last game had the potential to end in a SHITTY way for me, but Nelson was able to knock down some key FT's with me up by 1 with 9 seconds to go to give me a 3 point lead, and Kobe actually missed a couple key 3's down the stretch.

Good game man.

And good season to the rest of you. It was really fun and I'm glad we got to finish it out. Even with all the drama I enjoyed it and look forward to a THREE-PEAT in Season 5.

That is..if you guys are up for it. This season took 3 months. I won't start season 5 for a while if there is interest simply because we all probably need a break from this game, but I'm def down for another.

Yeah good games dude. Once again for a second straight finals I was victim of half court offense and impecible shooting for beyond the arc by your 3 point shooters.

Congrats on your win, you were the better man tonight!

:bitch slaps Bynum and Brown for having butterfingers all series:

I am in for another season with 2k8. I'm not sure how many other people will want in, but we'll find out. Might want to have a shorter regular season/longer post-season, though. Depending on how many people we have interested, it could be something like 12/18 game season, 7 or 5 game playoff series'. But yeah, we should chill for a little while and then we'll see if there's enough interest for another season.

And, oh yeah, congratulations on back-to-back championships Smokey! Very impressive. This is your first year in the league here (hell, only my second) and you've managed to come and win two season in a row.

Also, congrats on your season Shawn. Thank God you didn't have Pau on your roster :lol

AirBrian

Congrats Smokey (and Shawn)!

I'll just throw out another idea of doing a tournament. Make it a 7-game (or 5-game) series...that is if enough are interested.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Congrats Smokey (and Shawn)!

I'll just throw out another idea of doing a tournament. Make it a 7-game (or 5-game) series...that is if enough are interested.

I'm sure there will be interest, just everyone probably wants a break. Plus GTA IV is out so now all the attention can go to that masterpiece.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks for a great season guys.Next time I'm using all my players :p

Congrats to Smokey,dude you can flat out just play this game,never thought Id see Orlando win it all,back to back times.

Also congrats to Shawn on making it back the Finals a second time and I wish virtual 2k Kobe would die in a fire :)

I'll be up for another season if its shorter and we take some time off for other games of course.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Thanks for a great season guys.Next time I'm using all my players :p

Congrats to Smokey,dude you can flat out just play this game,never thought Id see Orlando win it all,back to back times.

Also congrats to Shawn on making it back the Finals a second time and I wish virtual 2k Kobe would die in a fire :)

I'll be up for another season if its shorter and we take some time off for other games of course.

Thanks! Considering you use my primary team, I guess I've managed to adjust to the Magic pretty well :).

Last season because I was new, of course I was one of the last people to pick a team. I think it came down to the Wizards or the Magic and I'd never played with either team. This was before the Magic had the successful season that they did this year so I went with the Magic because of the Lewis trade at the time. Started practicing like crazy with them and in fact if you look at my VIP file they are my most used team whereas before it was the Rockets by far.

I'm thinking I won't start Season 5 until maybe at least July? Ninja Gaiden II and Metal Gear Solid 4 both come out in June and I want plenty of time to play those especially MGS4 which is my favorite non-sports gaming series.

Also amazing that we managed to get through this 3 month season w/o any RROD's.

DCX

DCX
I'm down for a final season! I'll go down in flames with my Knicks again. Even though i love the Hornets, i think i should give my hometown team some love.

DCX

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
I'm down for a new season too. I'd be giddy to see what I could do with an upgraded Lakers roster featuring Pau Gasol!

Umm didnt you go 23-1 what do you mean you want to see what u can do with an upgraded roster?

:lol

BTW i will be rolling with u guys when you kick off another season.. And no i dont want the C's.. But i will have them when 2k9 rolls around..

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Umm didnt you go 23-1 what do you mean you want to see what u can do with an upgraded roster?

BTW i will be rolling with u guys when you kick off another season.. And no i dont want the C's.. But i will have them when 2k9 rolls around..

That's his way of saying winning the championship :)

AkaBalla said:

Dwight Howard being such a low post threat was a big reason why I had to shade so much opening up shots for the three point shooters vs Smokey. Having Pau down there would put me in a great position to actually seal the deal next time around...

Wow, July... man you really are wanting to take a break :lol

That just seems so far away, but if that's when we start it I'll still be down, so it's no big deal.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Wow, July... man you really are wanting to take a break :lol

That just seems so far away, but if that's when we start it I'll still be down, so it's no big deal.

Well maybe not THAT long..that is a good bit away. I'm just concerned about everybody else.

I said July because we've been playing since Feb and it just ended (so 3 months of playing). I figured because Ninja Gaiden II and MGS 4 come out in June that some of us would want to play those. I basically just don't want people losing interest in the league when these other big games hit. It was a good thing that the league ended when it did because everyone was moving on to GTA IV.

That's my way of thinking but if you guys want it sooner feel free to let me know I'm ready to when the rest of the league is. We can restart in June if everyone is up for it but I would like to take a break until end of month which is what 3-4 weeks??

DCX

DCX
June would be better. i have a feeling as good as those two titles you mentioned are it's not going to be the addictive driving force GTA is so we would be able to put it down to get our games in. The problem would be people not really stressing to much to perform well. Practicing new plays, scrimages etc. That will be gone so this will be more of a filler type of league. Just filling the gaps between GTA, NG II and MGS 4. I'm good for a week one in June start. The Finals would be around that time right along with the draft so we would be still in NBA mode.

DCX

Top Bottom