• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

SamuraiX-

Smokey said:
no lie mayne

ecnal's pics were brought to attention, said they would start working on it...and that yao's durability should also be adjusted to 0 just because :lol

:(

Haha, jp man. That's good to know if they're trying to fix it, but this has been a problem for so damn long. Hope they actually get it right this time. :-/

Smokey

viakado said:
worst OP i've ever seen.
Ps- im willing to trade kobe for a top 5 defender.

all this wonderful trade talk and you can't hop in and orchestrate any swindles

umad

Smokey said:
all this wonderful trade talk and you can't hop in and orchestrate any swindles

umad

this league's got its eye on you too, mr. brent barry for allen iverson and raja bell for michael redd.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
this league's got its eye on you too, mr. brent barry for allen iverson and raja bell for michael redd.

neither cases were swindles.

barry was white mj that year, and michael redd was passed around the league like a STD. None of you wanted him. I gave him a chance, and brought the best out of him

EDIT: Hope everyone, or the majority will have the game by next week. Doing the league wide tournament a week before the league launches. This will give everybody a chance to play with their squad in a competitive setting before the league launches, and also get acquainted with the rules and settings.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
XBL account for League Friends List has been created: GAF 2K11 League

I'll check friend requests on the account once a day until the league starts up.

EDIT: I usually work from home, as I am today. If work is slow, I may check/add more often that just once a day.

Smokey

ecnal said:
if 2K doesn't fix yao's vert, sure :lol

Even if they don't Yao is still better than Dwight!

anachronous_one said:
XBL account for League Friends List has been created: GAF 2K11 League

I'll check friend requests on the account once a day until the league starts up.

EDIT: I usually work from home, as I am today. If work is slow, I may check/add more often that just once a day.

Thanks

The League tag has also been added to the OP.

ecnal

still looking to get rid of jameer + *insert another backcourt player or rashard*

will take back a pass first PG + a more traditional 4/5.

otherwise, someone has already won the rashard sweepstakes.

Vestal

Still looking for shoppers in the Piston sweepstakes.. Everyone outside of Gordon, Prince, Rip, Wallace and stuckey are on the block... Looking for a PF in particular.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vestal said:
Still looking for shoppers in the Piston sweepstakes.. Everyone outside of Gordon, Prince, Rip, Wallace and stuckey are on the block... Looking for a PF in particular.

So basically anyone worth a shit is off the block

Vestal

Well Tmac is on the block =) (hides)

I would consider any of those 5 if I get a juicy trade =).. For instance I would probably be inclined to trade say Stucky or Gordon(and one of my PFs) for a solid PF and a decent PG.

Smokey

DCX said:
wow..FMT, you taking notes...i am not bad compared to these dudes :lol :lol

DCX

True GMs are born (or die) here :p

Chat Info said:
IRC Chat: (Centralized chat for both leagues, Crew games, scrimmages, whatever)
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

Smokey

viakado said:
ps, hey smokey are you gonna stream your games live?
i know i am.:lol

Yeah I'm gonna give it ago with the Ustream app you told me about.

I'm expecting to not get many games in over XBL for a day or two. I'll be presently surprised if that isn't the case.

Jordan + no Elite = servers gonna get hammered

:/

LiveWire

Smokey said:
True GMs are born (or die) here :p

I would start wheeling and dealing but since I know shit about basketball I can't make any deals. So, the 76ers are officially announcing a no-trade policy for the 2010 season.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
I would start wheeling and dealing but since I know shit about basketball I can't make any deals. So, the 76ers are officially announcing a no-trade policy for the 2010 season.

Andre Iguodala is your most trade able asset on your squad.

Baby Milo

:lol i haven't been in a irc chat since 2000

i need to play around with my team a bit before i start looking to move players

DCX

DCX
this just in, don't trade with smokey. you assholes somehow some way let him build a Bobcats team to a championship...smh

DCX

I'm so hungry for this game...it's out at midnight but damn am I really going to rush a walmart for a videogame at midnight? Halo is one thing but damn...

CB3

This is why i like Amazon. Takes the choice away from me. I dont have to decide if i wanna go to Wal-Mart at midnight.

That and the fact i had 20 dollar gamercredit and no tax makes 2K11 40 bucks out the door

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
I'm so hungry for this game...it's out at midnight but damn am I really going to rush a walmart for a videogame at midnight? Halo is one thing but damn...
Yes, yes you will.

DCX

CB3

Before i get alot of trade offers:

Im not Vidako. Most of my team is generally gonna stay put. Especially the starting 5. Unless i get blown away by an offer.

Now if once the league starts, and i find i need to change some things around, then game on.

Smokey

Hype is startin to ratchet up, pickin this up at 12am

Blue kool aid on standby, and wayne new 'I am not a human being' on standby goddamn i hope the servers hold

:lol

Great game. I'm going to have to use the Wiz almost exclusively to maximize everyone I have...there is just too much to learn this year.

Is there anyway to save playbooks at all? Some of the default players are so garbage...but there are some real gems in there that would be nice to have off the bat.

LiveWire

Dark FaZe said:
Great game. I'm going to have to use the Wiz almost exclusively to maximize everyone I have...there is just too much to learn this year.

Is there anyway to save playbooks at all? Some of the default players are so garbage...but there are some real gems in there that would be nice to have off the bat.

Wait Faze are you from DC? I thought you were from Philly and an Eagles fan.

Birdman02

Dark FaZe said:

I haven't tested it myself, but I remember reading at OS that playbooks and coach settings can't be saved for use online. They'll still work offline though. :/

LukeSmith

I am getting this after work, haven't played a basketball game since 2k3 or so. Gonna be looking for scrim partners regularly once I get the basics down. 11-71 here I come!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
LukeSmith said:
I am getting this after work, haven't played a basketball game since 2k3 or so. Gonna be looking for scrim partners regularly once I get the basics down. 11-71 here I come!
Nah, don't sweat being out of practice at all. There are some straight-up assassins in the league, but in the past it's been a really diverse mix of skill levels. 30 teams is gonna mean no more playoffs with sub-.500 win percentage for people such as myself that would manage to sneak in, though.

Smokey

Just curious, would the league be down for one large season with the normal 82 games or 40 games like it is now per season? I'm assuming we will do more than one season anyway like we used to so a lot of games will get played anyway.

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
I think we're the same skill level, friend!

Smokey said:
Just curious, would the league be down for one large season with the normal 82 games or 40 games like it is now per season? I'm assuming we will do more than one season anyway like we used to so a lot of games will get played anyway.
i should ask this question too.
btw, smokey. did you happen to know what the dealio is on whether the ps3 league can use that online software tool you spoke of for our questionnaire feedbacks?

Top Bottom