• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

2k are starting with their bullshit again. Look a the forums...they are honestly having people post their download and upload speeds as if that worthless info is helping them.

Have we addressed how we will handle host in league matches? I remember last season guys were just sending challenges and it seemed like the vast majority of the time I was playing on some laggy mess. I don't know exactly how the system works but if the person who sends the invite gets host then I think we should try to create order to that process via home court or something.

Cloudy

Banned
Ray Allen is automatic in this game. Need to involve Pierce and KG more tho

ps: I just played 2 folks in the league with no lag

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
2k are starting with their bullshit again. Look a the forums...they are honestly having people post their download and upload speeds as if that worthless info is helping them.

Have we addressed how we will handle host in league matches? I remember last season guys were just sending challenges and it seemed like the vast majority of the time I was playing on some laggy mess. I don't know exactly how the system works but if the person who sends the invite gets host then I think we should try to create order to that process via home court or something.

Home team sends invite.

ecnal

do we even know how 2K's online chooses a host?

i always thought if it was only 2 players--literally straight p2p--there was no host, and hosts in p2p scenarios are only chosen when there are more than 2 players.

no?

ecnal said:
do we even know how 2K's online chooses a host?

i always thought if it was only 2 players--literally straight p2p--there was no host, and hosts in p2p scenarios are only chosen when there are more than 2 players.

no?

I don't know. Smokey sent an invite last night and while he clearly had a good connection there was still noticable delay. When I sent the invite it was as if I was playing singleplayer.

It's nothing I am going to attribute any losses to regardless but I just thought it may be a nice incentive for home court for playoff purposes should it actually work that way.

Cloudy said:
Ray Allen is automatic in this game. Need to involve Pierce and KG more tho

ps: I just played 2 folks in the league with no lag

yeah that was a good game....Curry and Ray Allen were going back and forth...too bad Curry's shot rimmed out at the end

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:
yeah that was a good game....Curry and Ray Allen were going back and forth...too bad Curry's shot rimmed out at the end

better get rid of him while he still has value :D

ecnal

i dont want both of your best players, just curry :)

raptors owner, we need to talk serious business.

serious. business.

I think I might be willing to deal Mike Miller, James Jones, or Eddie House for a starting center. Just not two of them.

WITNESS2K9 said:
you can have him as well, i would need another player from your team to make it a 2 for 2 trade

Ok I want to play with my team a bit more first we'll see shortly before the season begins

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
Ecnal what are your offers for Shard/Jameer?

What can we do here bruh...Agent Zero > Jameer....by a long shot!

shoot me an offer.

i already have a really good offer for rashard--straight up.

so the only other things i would consider are package deals for jameer/shard.

edit: also here if anyone wants to play a quick game--gotta start in the next ~10 min.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
Yea I would like to hear opinions on these new settings versus Superstar/Simulated

i like all-star, choose yes on custom game settings, and change the default setting to simulation--it adjusts all sliders including fatigue.

seems to work nicely.

just played a game against Smokey, it was a good game until Curry broke his wrist... ... i think minutes should be set to 9

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:
just played a game against Smokey, it was a good game until Curry broke his wrist... ... i think minutes should be set to 9

:lol

he broke his wrist in my offline game against the warriors too.

i feel bad for people who are going to play this game offline mostly; the cpu is just unreal at times. my last game, in the 3rd quarter alone, the cpu had 19 ft attempts to my 1.

still around to play a game as well if anyone wants to.

ecnal said:
:lol

he broke his wrist in my offline game against the warriors too.

i feel bad for people who are going to play this game offline mostly; the cpu is just unreal at times. my last game, in the 3rd quarter alone, the cpu had 19 ft attempts to my 1.

still around to play a game as well if anyone wants to.

5 mins

Smokey

LiveWire said:
I have entered Smokey's dojo and begun my training. I will emerge a phenom.

you're improving. i could see the development in the game we just played:D

Also, i've been trying out 9 and 10 minute games all day. I'm thinking it should be one of those. And for slider settings:

Superstar
9-10 minutes
fatigue at 45 instead of 60. i went the wrong way on the bar in my earlier post:lol . at 45ish the guys definitely get tired (but not too quickly) and you do have to go into your bench.

suffered the worse loss so far in 2k11.....loss by 30. the game is not that kind to the warriors on superstar:lol ...ready for the season to start tho

Smokey

WITNESS2K9 said:
suffered the worse loss so far in 2k11.....loss by 30. the game is not that kind to the warriors on superstar:lol ...ready for the season to start tho

lets battle in 15

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
you're improving. i could see the development in the game we just played:D

Also, i've been trying out 9 and 10 minute games all day. I'm thinking it should be one of those. And for slider settings:

Superstar
9-10 minutes
fatigue at 45 instead of 60. i went the wrong way on the bar in my earlier post:lol . at 45ish the guys definitely get tired (but not too quickly) and you do have to go into your bench.
You guys called me crazy and my offense needs to change, blah blah... smh We all know who the real commish is ;)

DCX

Ramirez

Boot Livewire and let a real Sixers fan take them. :) :p

But honestly, I think I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow, so if anyone drops, I'll take whoever is available.

ecnal

Ramirez said:
Boot Livewire and let a real Sixers fan take them. :) :p

But honestly, I think I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow, so if anyone drops, I'll take whoever is available.

zep, is that you?

i had a few microsoft points left, so i decided to get something for my avatar...for 2k11 they have some of the real jordans on there...i have the 13's

Smokey

WITNESS2K9 said:
i had a few microsoft points left, so i decided to get something for my avatar...for 2k11 they have some of the real jordans on there...i have the 13's

how much?

Top Bottom