• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I changed a few things but they are like 80% the same. I will look again when I get home.

You didn't adjust the tendencies much at all. That's what has major influence over how the other team plays.
As well if you increase the defensive slider for "driving contact shot frequency" but do not adjust the slider for the fouls that would be associated for this move all you are doing is giving the defense a major benefit. Because you are setting the CPU to make contact at an increased rate without penalizing them when a foul is committed.

The sliders are very sensitive this year too. I have read that in some categories even a two or three point difference changes the way a team responds.

First set of numbers is what the slider settings suggest, second set of number(s) is our current setting. * if there is a single number it applies for both the User and the CPU

If there are two numbers the first is User the second is CPU

Attributes
Quickness 40 / 35 - 50. (They are too fast. High speed players will be fast regardless of this. But bench guys shouldn't be able to keep up with guys like Stephen Curry, Chris Paul and Brandon Jennings)
Vertical 50 - 50
Strength 50 - 55/45
Stamina 55 / 50 - 50
Speed 40 / 35 - 50 (see quickness. High speed and quickness just turns average players into kings)
Durability 50 - 50
Hustle 45 - 50 (effects how quickly they react to loose balls and rebounds. Even a small adjustment is said to have a noticeable impact)
Ball Handling 47 - 47
Hands 50 - 50
Dunking Ability 50 - 45
On-Ball Defense 55 - 60 (this will help both our games against the CPU as well as human VS human games)
Stealing 50 / 45 - 45/50
Blocking 100 - 50 (higher block rating as well as a high contest shot rating along with a lower play passing lanes slider means the CPU stays with the man they are supposed to be guarding)
Offensive Awareness 50 / 100 - 60 (higher offensive awareness means the CPU will run plays more often instead of just steamrolling the lane continually to find a shot close to the hoop. That along with higher settings for looking for post shots, looking for post players, and a zero setting for attacking the basket means they play more realistic basketball)
Defensive Awareness 100 - 75 (higher defensive awareness as well as higher contest shots and lower quickness, speed and playing passing lanes means they are more aware and not just running all over the place playing like the all defensive team and actually play more position defense)
Offensive Rebounding 55 / 45 - 50/35
Defensive Rebounding 100 - 90
Consistency 0 / 75 - 50/40
Fatigue Rate 55 / 60 - 50 (higher fatigue means I'm not playing against their starters as much. My guys are getting fatigued much quicker)
Injury Frequency 60 - 60
Injury Severity 5 - 50 (this will only be a big deal when Lin blows out his knee again)

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots 25 - 20
Take Close Shots 25 - 20
Take Mid-Range Shots 45 - 45
Take 3Pt Shots 65 - 60
Post Shots 100 - 75
Attack the Basket 0 - 25
Look for Post Players 100 - 75
Throw Alley-Oops 50 - 50
Attempt Dunks 40 - 50
Attempt Putbacks 100 - 65
Play Passing Lanes 15 - 35
Go for On-Ball Steals 40 - 40
Contest Shots 100 - 55
Backdoor Cuts 0 - 20

Now I'm not saying that these sliders are perfect. Just pointing out some things that I think will help balance out the game better.
And the biggest thing is that a lot of these sliders effect each other. If you adjust one you need to adjust the others associated with it.

The tendencies are all set to get the CPU to take shots outside the key or use their post players in back to the basket settings instead of just well... doing the crap they do.

Not trying to start anything either. I just really want to feel like I have a chance in the CPU games. When the CPU is shooting 60%+ in the 4th quarter and I can't even make a layup it's hella frustrating.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Smokey

zeeaykay

Just a heads up I'll be out of town through Sunday, then Halo 4 Monday night. And I'm starting a new job that is from 3-11 PM Central, so I'll have to schedule my matches more deliberately from here on out.

Smokey

You didn't adjust the tendencies much at all. That's what has major influence over how the other team plays.
As well if you increase the defensive slider for "driving contact shot frequency" but do not adjust the slider for the fouls that would be associated for this move all you are doing is giving the defense a major benefit. Because you are setting the CPU to make contact at an increased rate without penalizing them when a foul is committed.

The sliders are very sensitive this year too. I have read that in some categories even a two or three point difference changes the way a team responds.

First set of numbers is what the slider settings suggest, second set of number(s) is our current setting. * if there is a single number it applies for both the User and the CPU

If there are two numbers the first is User the second is CPU

Attributes
Quickness 40 / 35 - 50. (They are too fast. High speed players will be fast regardless of this. But bench guys shouldn't be able to keep up with guys like Stephen Curry, Chris Paul and Brandon Jennings)
Vertical 50 - 50
Strength 50 - 55/45
Stamina 55 / 50 - 50
Speed 40 / 35 - 50 (see quickness. High speed and quickness just turns average players into kings)
Durability 50 - 50
Hustle 45 - 50 (effects how quickly they react to loose balls and rebounds. Even a small adjustment is said to have a noticeable impact)
Ball Handling 47 - 47
Hands 50 - 50
Dunking Ability 50 - 45
On-Ball Defense 55 - 60 (this will help both our games against the CPU as well as human VS human games)
Stealing 50 / 45 - 45/50
Blocking 100 - 50 (higher block rating as well as a high contest shot rating along with a lower play passing lanes slider means the CPU stays with the man they are supposed to be guarding)
Offensive Awareness 50 / 100 - 60 (higher offensive awareness means the CPU will run plays more often instead of just steamrolling the lane continually to find a shot close to the hoop. That along with higher settings for looking for post shots, looking for post players, and a zero setting for attacking the basket means they play more realistic basketball)
Defensive Awareness 100 - 75 (higher defensive awareness as well as higher contest shots and lower quickness, speed and playing passing lanes means they are more aware and not just running all over the place playing like the all defensive team and actually play more position defense)
Offensive Rebounding 55 / 45 - 50/35
Defensive Rebounding 100 - 90
Consistency 0 / 75 - 50/40
Fatigue Rate 55 / 60 - 50 (higher fatigue means I'm not playing against their starters as much. My guys are getting fatigued much quicker)
Injury Frequency 60 - 60
Injury Severity 5 - 50 (this will only be a big deal when Lin blows out his knee again)

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots 25 - 20
Take Close Shots 25 - 20
Take Mid-Range Shots 45 - 45
Take 3Pt Shots 65 - 60
Post Shots 100 - 75
Attack the Basket 0 - 25
Look for Post Players 100 - 75
Throw Alley-Oops 50 - 50
Attempt Dunks 40 - 50
Attempt Putbacks 100 - 65
Play Passing Lanes 15 - 35
Go for On-Ball Steals 40 - 40
Contest Shots 100 - 55
Backdoor Cuts 0 - 20

Now I'm not saying that these sliders are perfect. Just pointing out some things that I think will help balance out the game better.
And the biggest thing is that a lot of these sliders effect each other. If you adjust one you need to adjust the others associated with it.

The tendencies are all set to get the CPU to take shots outside the key or use their post players in back to the basket settings instead of just well... doing the crap they do.

Not trying to start anything either. I just really want to feel like I have a chance in the CPU games. When the CPU is shooting 60%+ in the 4th quarter and I can't even make a layup it's hella frustrating.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Smokey

hmmmmmmmm thanks for heads up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
?

no i said thanks for the heads up lol

:)

Finally won my first game online. There is someone out there that is worse than me!!!!!!

And the options online for this game are ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong or is
QUICK MATCH my only option?
No lobbies?

Smokey

:)

Finally won my first game online. There is someone out there that is worse than me!!!!!!

And the options online for this game are ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong or is
QUICK MATCH my only option?
No lobbies?

hasn't been any lobbies since like 2k9

ecnal

faze and i can't play our game for whatever reason.

dc's within the first ~60 seconds.

sim it :/

i guess the clippers owner is MIA, what about the twolves owner?

ecnal

sucks :/

i have played 1 human so far... and i have 2 missing human owners and 3 more games versus the cpu before i see an active human :///////////////////////////////////

a lot of human games at the backend of my schedule, though :D

ecnal

GrAqv.jpg

smooookeeeyyyyyy.

a CPU team is going to win the harden sweepstakes if no one else is interested

Smokey

I want him but you told me no :(

Also.. Make sure you have all of your games played up to a week out from the in game date . That way I can advance it and it may go by quicker. We can try this method rather than the daily advances?

What do you guys think?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It is freakin sad that I have played 10 games quick match games online and only twice have I played against a team other than the Heat or the Thunder.
And MY GOSH is Ray Allen ever insane in this years game.

Smokey

It is freakin sad that I have played 10 games quick match games online and only twice have I played against a team other than the Heat or the Thunder.
And MY GOSH is Ray Allen ever insane in this years game.

Surprised you haven't run into the Lakeshow

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Nightz, if you're around, let's try to run this thing again.

Zeeaykay, I've been trying to get your attention. Sent you a message other night on Live that went ignored. I wanna get this ame in, but my gaming hours are typically from 10PM until around 1AM when I try to shamble to bed. I saw your message above, but lets get this thing played.

zeeaykay

Nightz, if you're around, let's try to run this thing again.

Zeeaykay, I've been trying to get your attention. Sent you a message other night on Live that went ignored. I wanna get this ame in, but my gaming hours are typically from 10PM until around 1AM when I try to shamble to bed. I saw your message above, but lets get this thing played.

I can play tonight. Let me know what time works for you and I'll jump on.

Smokey

Schedule has been unpaused. Looking yesterday looks like wiz thunder is the next user game. Lots of games in the next in game days. We are nearing the halfway point!

ecnal

Schedule has been unpaused. Looking yesterday looks like wiz thunder is the next user game. Lots of games in the next in game days. We are nearing the halfway point!

we can't play our game. 100% disconnect within the first minute of gameplay.

:/

Smokey

Me and Ferny had the same thing happen last night. Then we tried a regular game outside of association and it worked fine. Then went back to association and tried again and it worked

Ferny

Finish at least one qtr in regular play, not sure if that helps but Smokey and I did it and it worked fine.

Omega

Banned
Sorry guys, Hurricane Sandy hit hard and I lost all my shit. I'm currently at a friend's house that just got power so figured I'd let you guys know.

I won't be on Xbox anytime soon so just remove me from the league or force winners if you can.

I'm the TWolves owner btw

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha

Nightz and I had the same thing the other night, too, but Zeeaykay and I played just fine last night. Weird.
Sorry guys, Hurricane Sandy hit hard and I lost all my shit. I'm currently at a friend's house that just got power so figured I'd let you guys know.

I won't be on Xbox anytime soon so just remove me from the league or force winners if you can.

Eff dude, glad you are OK, sorry to hear you got hit so hard. God bless.

Smokey

damn, best of luck to you with the aftermath

ecnal and anachronous_one you guys are admins as well, so if you need to pause the league, adjust sliders, etc you can

ecnal

fuck, man.

best of luck.

Top Bottom