• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

Omega

Banned
you should have the win now

after we finished, it said our game was still in progress and that there was 15 seconds left

daw840

How many people can be in this? I might think about picking this up for your next season. If it keeps goin that is.

Smokey

How many people can be in this? I might think about picking this up for your next season. If it keeps goin that is.

its like ncaa football dynasty except all nba teams can be controlled by users. in our case we have like 8 people who are active

daw840

its like ncaa football dynasty except all nba teams can be controlled by users. in our case we have like 8 people who are active
So if I ick it up there will be an open slot? I guess I'll just have to deal with you cultures swindlin my team while they're CPU controlled.

daw840

God damn phone. Alright. I just dropped a shitload of cash at best buy so I could probably get a free game. If this is still gonna go for another season ill be game.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
playing the blazers now. multiple over the back calls (for the first time ever) on the opposing offense.

loving these sliders so far!
I think Ferny and the Lakers had 3 over the back calls against him --- two specifically against Dwight --- during our game. The frequency seemed a little over the top.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Per Smokey's request, I submitted a dummy trade proposal. Does anyone else see it?

FYI, any time I have had a trade offer declined (or accepted, for that matter), there has been no indication (aside from having new players if its accepted). If it's declined, my trade information simply disappears into the ether.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How do free agent signings work? I made an offer to a FA and the screen showed he was 100% interested but nothing has happened yet.
I haven't signed into the game yet today. But it had been 3 days as of yesterday since I made the offer, so I am just seeing if anyone knows what's up.

Smokey

How do free agent signings work? I made an offer to a FA and the screen showed he was 100% interested but nothing has happened yet.
I haven't signed into the game yet today. But it had been 3 days as of yesterday since I made the offer, so I am just seeing if anyone knows what's up.

Maybe Dark Faze can chime in here...he signed Olden off the FA wire

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
It's the same waiting period as putting in a trade offer to the CPU. I think I waited something like 5-7 in-game calendar days for Barbosa to accept my contract offer.

when you gonna be home bruh

ok what other commishes are there? sick of waiting years for shit to go down meanwhile days are moving by in the league

ecnal

i'll be on in ~10 min, faze

edit: shows you're away - gonna eat something real quick. i'll be back no later than 9 pm PST

ecnal

eh, guess we'll get it another time phaze?

we have a few days to do it anyways...

lemme know!

anyone know if the clippers owner has been around?

Smokey

eh, guess we'll get it another time phaze?

we have a few days to do it anyways...

lemme know!

anyone know if the clippers owner has been around?

nope

about to start kicking those who havent done anything already did a few earlier

time for me to start digging into some trades!

sorry about that ecnal

I should be around virtually all of today

Was fucking the CPU Spurs up and Parker decided he was Nash and made virtually all of his long balls. Went into OT and managed to take it though.

Beas cheese playing the stretch 4 too perfection with 35 points in his Wiz debut!

Fuck you Nene.

Nightz

Hey ecnal, kinda OT, but do you know if that shop in PB still breaks street dates and sells games early? Haven't been there in a while, and the owner never replies when I PM him (he's a GAFfer).

ecnal

i'll be on around the same tonight faze.

Hey ecnal, kinda OT, but do you know if that shop in PB still breaks street dates and sells games early? Haven't been there in a while, and the owner never replies when I PM him (he's a GAFfer).

i think they shut down :/

tried to get a hold of them a few weeks ago and no one ever picked up the phone.

Hmm not bad ECNAL where u at. Lamb is better than harden tho

harden is available, but i don't want lamb or kmart.

harden is available, but i don't want lamb or kmart.

lol, smokey you gonna get GM of the year if you manage to actually get a good player without cheesing via draft pick trades. Good luck!

Guess I'll play you shortly after the Lakers game tonight Ecnal.

Smokey

Lamb is 3rd in the league in efficiency behind durant and LeBron. He will be the center piece of my team. However we are looking at all options to make this team better.

ecnal

lol, smokey you gonna get GM of the year if you manage to actually get a good player without cheesing via draft pick trades. Good luck!

Guess I'll play you shortly after the Lakers game tonight Ecnal.

ya, that'll work out perfectly.

Riggs

Banned
Can any My Player experts PLEASE tell me what the hell is going on with my contact lay ups?

I cannot make any .... the slighest bump of an opposing player causes the ball to miss 95% of the time.

I am an athletic point guard.

Playstyle in this order is Cutter/Iso/Mid/P&B Handler

Here's the kicker though ....

(Theser are all maxed)

Layup/99
Shot in traffic/99
Shot mid/close/99
Dunk/99
Strength maxed to 70
Emotion/99
Vertical/99
Signature Moves
Finisher 3/3
Acrobat 3/3
Shot creator 3/3
Dead Eye 3/3
Ankle Breaker 3/3

(Don't ask how I maxed my shit, I paid ... yes I am lame and deserve a beating haha, first time I ever "Paid to win" in a game)

But seriously I can play D. Rose or R. Westbrook which are point guards, and I do the sickest lay ups. Especially with Westbrook I can finish the layup most of the time even with very rough contact.

I compared my stats to Westbrook and Rose, and I am higher then them in everything that has anything to do with lay ups. (And pretty much everything else to be honest)

Now I searched around the net and other scoring type point guards in my player are complaining of the exact same problem with lay ups. The slightest contact and it miss's , kind of ridiculous with how good my stats are. And I definitely know how to play this game so pretty sure it's not a control issue, but it could be ....) just odd since I can do contact lay ups no problem with Rose / Westbrook (Nevermind Durant or Wade, but I left them out since they are not Point Guards.)

My friend is a SG with way lower stats, and he finishes contact lay ups just fine.

Is 2K basically forcing my player Point Guards just to be shooters? Scoring is not a problem I was dropping 40 points per game before I even bought more VC, I could easily do 60+ right now if I wanted to .... it's just boring doing jump shots all day, sometimes I Want to take it to the rim.

Please guys any advice would really be appreciated, sorry for the novel above I just wanted to describe everything I have and have tried. Help me NBA GAF!!!!

CapTN Riggz on Xbox Live btw if anyone wants to add to bullshit/play/ or even help with this issue. You guys seem to know your shit.

EDIT , shit I just realized this is the wrong thread for this ... sorry guys, I AM FAILING AT EVERYTHING!!!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I don't know Faze, I've noticed the CPU can be really quirky, and will factor in the potential of a player when making/taking trade offers. The Rockets have decent ammo to make moves, and it all comes down to the type of players you want in return.

Are the Rockets gonna make a trade for Lebron? Nah. But will Smokey figure out out to get some role players and figure out how to run me out of the gym AGAIN? Prolly.

So why is the PC version $30 while the others are $60?

I want this to be my first NBA 2K game in years, so I want the best version possible. Is there anything wrong with the PC version?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
So why is the PC version $30 while the others are $60?

I want this to be my first NBA 2K game in years, so I want the best version possible. Is there anything wrong with the PC version?
PC version basically gets little or no support, and patches lag way behind console patches. I've heard that the PC netcode has been terrible for years as well.

Basically, if you only plan to play single player, or if you want to take advantage of all of the amazing community-made mods, then go PC. If you want to play any online modes and have somewhat decent patch support, go console.

PC version basically gets little or no support, and patches lag way behind console patches. I've heard that the PC netcode has been terrible for years as well.

Basically, if you only plan to play single player, or if you want to take advantage of all of the amazing community-made mods, then go PC. If you want to play any online modes and have somewhat decent patch support, go console.

I planned on only playing Single Player (I suck online in sports games), and I love mods, so I'll definitely get the PC version from the looks of it.

Thanks!

zeeaykay

i tried to play the bucks 3 times and it disconnected within the first min each time :(

I'm not sure what the issue is. It hasn't happened, but I recently reset my router so idk if that had something to do with it. I messed with some settings, and I was able to play a random quick match without any problems so hopefully it shouldn't happen again.

Top Bottom