• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fuck this game man. I've had nothing but problems online since their magic patch. I've disconnected in random online games and just now disconnected 3 times trying to play Smokey.

I have 2 retail games on PS4 and both this and battlefield are broke as shit online. NEXT GEN!!

FUCK.

DietRob

Sorry guys I'm out. I was only able to get 3 of my 5 games in for last week and I'm pretty sure two of those games didn't register or something. I'll def still play you all for shits and giggles but I don't think the game is ready for a legit season yet. Maybe 2k15?

Sorry guys I'm out. I was only able to get 3 of my 5 games in for last week and I'm pretty sure two of those games didn't register or something. I'll def still play you all for shits and giggles but I don't think the game is ready for a legit season yet. Maybe 2k15?

I haven't been able to get a single game to connect. Other online modes seem to work, and every other PS4 game I have runs fine online. The leagues in 2K14 just aren't ready for public consumption.

HoTHiTTeR

#shamelessbegpost

Anyone out there playing MyPlayer w/ the Nike/LeBron code that they won't use? I originally thought I'd get them for myself after playing like crazy, but I'm doing well enough to earn the sponsorship. I'm struggling to find a unique gift this year and I think the 2k14 LeBrons would be cool thought.
Anyway - willing to swap paypal or some spare giftcards I have lying around. PM me if interested. Ty 2kGAF .

Zep

Banned
Soooo I played some Team-up online yesterday and it was actually better lag-wise than 1vs1. You guys down to run one tonight after the miami game?

ecnal

can any of you even boot the game right now?

i get some of the splash screen stuff and then it goes to a black screen and never loads...

nevermind, it just took 2 minutes to load cause 2K servers are fuckin up.

*flies away on his golden parachute as the 2k plane above explodes*

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Smokey

Rip

I cant

Having to use live rosters in a league, where if someone is hurt it somehow effects your league team. I can't. Not being able to connect to people. I can't. Having the stupid nba today crap loop in the background. Apparently I'm not allowed to sim other users games so even if I wanted to force and advance.. I CANT

I'm down for team up or running series against people outside of the league area. It's clearly broken

our next best bet I think would to find a random seeding generator and make our own fake playoffs and do a few tourneys

fuck 2k

i could use oden in league play but not friend play lol

Smokey

our next best bet I think would to find a random seeding generator and make our own fake playoffs and do a few tourneys

fuck 2k

i could use oden in league play but not friend play lol

It's dumb.

I don't have a problem playing series and then streaming them. That's probably far more entertaining than the fuckwhatyaheard league setup they have going

I prayed to Father 2k this morning and he told me I should be grateful that I can even finish a game

I mean if people wanted to input stats...I guess they could do that manually but too much work IMO

Smokey

I prayed to Father 2k this morning and he told me I should be grateful that I can even finish a game

I mean if people wanted to input stats...I guess they could do that manually but too much work IMO

Idiot lol

I'd rather have a tourney and people post results here. We have 27 people I'm assuming won't be close to that number on who want to so this giving half haven't posted in the thread.

you know what the worst thing about 2k is

not even the fact that it's broken

just the fact that not once, not one fucking time ever has a journalist sat down with a dev and been like yo the onlines broken. No stop dodging, real talk this shits been broken for like 10 years. No seriously fuck the bullshit.

I'm starting to despise the grown up man babies I listen to on podcasts.

Me
Smokey
WhatRobEats
Ecnal
FMT
Zep

Who else is down for a 12 minute quarter tournament?

If we wanted to determine real seeding we could probably grab a schedule generator and do like 16 games, nfl division style

12 min quarters is a must! i don't care if we have only 8 or whatever, we should run some tourneys nba playoffs style.

i can't play the 6 min quarters. its just not fun at all. i get butt hurt and complain about shit after every L in 12 min quarters but i do enjoy it. 6 min quarters is just too short.

p.s.

and when the tourney does go up i want smokey! going to embarrass him in 4 games

Smokey

Me
Smokey
WhatRobEats
Ecnal
FMT
Zep

If we wanted to determine real seeding we could probably grab a schedule generator and do like 16 games, nfl division style

yeah 12 min quarters. need two more for 8 tho

if we have eight, we could have a short regular season of 14 games where we play all other teams twice, home and away. that way it is basically a flex schedule to determine tournament seeding

DietRob

I haven't played any 12 minute quarters yet. I'm going to have to play a few 12 minute exhibition games to get my strategy down. If it's only a few of us playing we can reroll teams right, or at least those that want to reroll. Of course if you want to keep your team you should be able to. Real talk I just don't think the geriatric spurs can last 12 minutes lol

edit: I almost forgot, Fuck this game. Yes, still mad.

Well, that's our first 8!

Me - Heat
Zep - Sixers
PistolPete - Nets
FMT - Pacers

Smokey - Rockets
CB - Lakers
Ecnal - Nuggets
WhatRobEats - Spurs

That's 4 East and 4 West

We start as soon as we get 16 I guess. My guess is there won't be more than 16 who would be willing to do 12 minute quarters

Zep

Banned
Using the 6ers for 48mins?! That....should be interesting.

Yea, that 8 looks good right there. We should kick it off. Draw matchups from a hat Pheeniks!

edit: On 2nd thought, I'll take Detroit.

if i dont get more responses by midnight friday/saturday morning we can just roll with this 8

regular season of fourteen games, yay or nay

DCX

DCX
Me
Smokey
WhatRobEats
Ecnal
FMT
Zep

I'll be online sometime sat so I'm in!

DCX

Yeah there is probably a generator somewhere but since we have a small group that is probably dedicated to getting it done and its just two games against each we can probably get away without one

Now if we get more interest tonight things might change but we'll see, we might have to get creative but that can be fun. Like if we have ten or twelve we can have a regular season and the last two or three spots can have a winner-take-all and moves into playoff bracket kinda thing, or maybe a bye round for the top two

This league needs dcx and i need a first round match with him again

Smokey

This league needs dcx and i need a first round match with him again

Sony put built in broadcast functionality for this reason and no other.

When it gets to the championship whoever is in it should stream it and make a thread in gaming side. Or at least 2k14 OT.

For as much as they fucked up the economy in the game etc, it's still pretty fun when you play a full game against somebody.

Except Zep who has mysteriously lost connection with me as he was losing both times. Weird that I haven't hd that happen against ANYBODY else

yeah I mean there are a few gameplay things that could use tweaking but when I play my full games i enjoy it

I know a lot of people are frustrated but I hope they dont go that route that one year when suddenly everything was too ridiculously easy because people aren't familiar with how the game works or the sport itself

but all that will happen anyways in 2k15 is they will introduce a new control scheme, a stupid mode which is a spinoff of another one, and maybe some new hot gear for your my player to look cool in while you wait in a lobby. leagues? the fuck is that

they're gonna make everybody pay VC to enter leagues eventually lol

Zep

Banned
Sony put built in broadcast functionality for this reason and no other.

When it gets to the championship whoever is in it should stream it and make a thread in gaming side. Or at least 2k14 OT.

For as much as they fucked up the economy in the game etc, it's still pretty fun when you play a full game against somebody.

Except Zep who has mysteriously lost connection with me as he was losing both times. Weird that I haven't hd that happen against ANYBODY else

It only happened once. And I was losing by 4 points going into the 4th.

Top Bottom