• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

AkaBalla

Checked on my status for my Xbox See Below:

Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you.

AkaBalla said:
Checked on my status for my Xbox See Below:

Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you.

Great, even with the auto losses; you should still finish top eight and make the playoffs.

Here is a quick snapshot of the current standings at this point with 2 more game weeks to be played. While the top four seeds are pretty secured, there is a nice fight going on for placement in the bottom four. Get after it fellas!!

chart.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Detroit can't play me....

ChrisJames said:
Sorry guys, I know I've just sort of disappeared over the past 2 weeks. As I've stated before I just recently got married (back in May), just moved to a new city, in a new house, got a new job, etc.

Unfortunately, I still don't have the internet at my house (live in the boonies) and I haven't had time to take my 360 over to my friend's to get games in. My life is so hectic right now that I'm not going to be able to continue this season. I really, really hate to drop on you guys, but I really have no other choice. Sorry guys; please don't hold it against me.

I'm going to do my best to be back for 2k9. Good luck everyone! Don't let Smokey 3-peat!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
Detroit can't play me....

I'll give you the win then.

What is the plan for playoffs though? Aka doesn't have a 360 right now. I don't think anyone should have a first round bye because of RROD.

Truelize said:
I'll give you the win then.

What is the plan for playoffs though? Aka doesn't have a 360 right now. I don't think anyone should have a first round bye because of RROD.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. There will be no first round byes for anybody!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
My Xbox is coming to me on the 21st.. Only 5 more days.. ..:lol

That's good news cause there is no plausible way to give anyone else a playoff spot by changing your record (it would screw everything up).

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Guys we need to finish the season.. What's going on with it? I only have the game for like 18 more days on rental then it has to go back. I'm not going to pay another $10 for it. 2 months is plenty of time for a league.

League has advanced.

With Smokey moving and me getting married tomorrow...it's been a bit crazy. Truelize is going to serve as acting commissioner till Smokey is back on GAF on the 23rd from his ban. Sorry about the delay gang...

vumpler

Can someone talk to shane and tell him I'm ready to play our league playoff series... Is it guaranteed that I have to play him in the first round? I thought there was still a week or so to go and I could precisely try to win / or guarantee a loss as to not have to participate in receiving his cheese covered amazingness.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
There are still from final regular season games to be played.

Boston vs Utah
Miami vs Orlando (Smokey is back soon - might try leaving him a message on Live Cerrius)
Chicago vs Lakers
Memphis vs Seattle

Playoffs start at the end of this scheduled week. I'm not in any huge rush to get to the playoffs because Shawn is getting married this week (congrats again) and Aka is still waiting for his box to show up. We will get the playoffs started next weekend.

GCQuinton

Truelize said:

Boston vs Utah
Miami vs Orlando (Smokey is back soon - might try leaving him a message on Live Cerrius)
Chicago vs Lakers
Memphis vs Seattle

Playoffs start at the end of this scheduled week. I'm not in any huge rush to get to the playoffs because Shawn is getting married this week (congrats again) and Aka is still waiting for his box to show up. We will get the playoffs started next weekend.

True, are you free to play later today?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Saturday is done. Quinton I'm around tomorrow afternoon and some of the evening. If we can play tomorrow that's cool. If you have plans don't stress about it.

Truelize said:

Boston vs Utah
Chicago vs Lakers
Memphis vs Seattle

Much appreciated brother! I'll be sure to make myself available immediately upon returning from my vacation.

vumpler

Ok so the standings show me in 5th place. So that would have me playing CB. Amirite?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
Ok so the standings show me in 5th place. So that would have me playing CB. Amirite?

im 3rd in the standings. 5 plays 4. your playing miami as of now

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I generated the playoffs cause the only game left was AirBrian and CB3's. And what does the game do??? Boot me outta the playoffs. I had the same record as Utah. I had the alpha edge too. He did beat me in our last game. I wasn't taking it that seriously and even congratulated him on the game and said I was hoping to take a winning streak into the playoffs.

I'm sad. :(

GCQuinton

Truelize said:
Well I generated the playoffs cause the only game left was AirBrian and CB3's. And what does the game do??? Boot me outta the playoffs. I had the same record as Utah. I had the alpha edge too. He did beat me in our last game. I wasn't taking it that seriously and even congratulated him on the game and said I was hoping to take a winning streak into the playoffs.

It probably came down to a tiebreaker since I have two wins over you, with the first from the time you scored too many points in the paint.

Smokey

Truelize said:

OH

That sucks bro. Really bad.

But the playoffs shall go on. Here are the matchups:

Magic
Jazz

Memphis
Miami

Seattle
Lakers

Nuggets
Spurs

Anybody know when Shawn gets back, and AKA you got your 360 back yet?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GCQuinton said:
It probably came down to a tiebreaker since I have two wins over you, with the first from the time you scored too many points in the paint.

Yeah I should have never given you that win man. The amount of time you spend only controlling your pg and taking you guys outta defensive position is ridiculous. You did the same thing tonight but I wasn't really worried about the game because I knew had the 8th spot locked down.
If I knew it would have done this I would have taken the win I gave you back. :D

Oh well good luck.

AirBrian

So I'm guessing me and CB's game got simmed? I did say I was out of town until Wednesday, but I realize it was a meaningless game so that's cool too.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AirBrian said:
So I'm guessing me and CB's game got simmed? I did say I was out of town until Wednesday, but I realize it was a meaningless game so that's cool too.

yeah i wanted to wait but they wanted to advance.

GCQuinton

Truelize said:
Yeah I should have never given you that win man. The amount of time you spend only controlling your pg and taking you guys outta defensive position is ridiculous. You did the same thing tonight but I wasn't really worried about the game because I knew had the 8th spot locked down.
If I knew it would have done this I would have taken the win I gave you back. :D

Oh well good luck.

You scored 82 points in the paint in a game that wouldn't have been close otherwise, so yeah you should have. As far as my defense goes my basic set is man-to-man so I trust my CPU players to do their jobs. If you're running around the court with your players doing stuff out of the ordinary, they'll follow suit. Me staying on the PG is my attempt to try and control that. Don't give me a back-handed compliment because you essentially took a game off when you thought you had something and you didn't.

Smokey the earliest I can play is on Friday. What time's good for you?

vumpler

Cerrius said:
Memphis, when can you play
I can play tomorrow sometime. Not sure when. But what is your AIM? I'll get at you when i'm free over the next few days and we'll try to set it up. What's your XBL gamertag as well.

Smokey

GCQuinton said:
You scored 82 points in the paint in a game that wouldn't have been close otherwise, so yeah you should have. As far as my defense goes my basic set is man-to-man so I trust my CPU players to do their jobs. If you're running around the court with your players doing stuff out of the ordinary, they'll follow suit. Me staying on the PG is my attempt to try and control that. Don't give me a back-handed compliment because you essentially took a game off when you thought you had something and you didn't.

Smokey the earliest I can play is on Friday. What time's good for you?

Yeah that's cool.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
vumpler said:
I can play tomorrow sometime. Not sure when. But what is your AIM? I'll get at you when i'm free over the next few days and we'll try to set it up. What's your XBL gamertag as well.

I don't use AIM. my gamertag is same as GAF username.

just hit me up on xbox live or post in this thread a time that would be best for you

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GCQuinton said:

Actually I had 62 points in the paint and was rolling so well on offense that game that almost every time down the court you had someone jumping for a block so I would just go around them.
It wasn't a back handed compliment at all. The fact that I gave you the chance to take that win and you actually decided that you deserved it was ridiculous. I was amazed that you took that charity win. Funny that it came back to bite me.

You don't trust your computer players to do their jobs, you let them do yours. If anyone is running around on the court and doing stuff out of the ordinary it's because it's easy to lose a computer controlled player that way. So if you are just gonna sit there controlling your PG why not just mess around and get your guys outta position? Makes sense to me.

But you won tonight's game because you shot the lights out (that is an actual compliment). I messed up and didn't go into the game thinking it mattered if I won at all. I mean I actually felt bad that you weren't gonna get into the playoffs because of how the game deals with tie-breakers. Felt sympathy. And now I'm the one on the outside. lol

It's been an awesome year guys. Thanks for all the games. I'm amazed that we've been playing this game for almost 11 months now. Good times.

vumpler

Cerrius said:

just hit me up on xbox live or post in this thread a time that would be best for you
to many variables over the next week. I'll post just as I become available and see if you're on.

vumpler

Cerrius said:

Cerrius can you play at 3pm CST? If so I can be home to get our games in.

I'm back from my Honeymoon at 4am PST on Monday. I'd like to play in the playoffs as Ive had a great year, but I understand if you guys wanna SIM my series to move things along. If you guys wait for me I promise to play my games Monday.

Mahalo!

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
I'm back from my Honeymoon at 4am PST on Monday. I'd like to play in the playoffs as Ive had a great year, but I understand if you guys wanna SIM my series to move things along. If you guys wait for me I promise to play my games Monday.

Mahalo!

Crap!! I can only commit to play 1 game on Monday night.. Lets just wait and see how the rest of the series pan out..

If this is the last season i'm sure we can extend the 1st round and 1st round only..

Top Bottom