• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
After 1 game I am by far the worst player here,I'm like Hakeem was on his last legs.

I'm a shell of my former self and got totally abused today.

Truelize said:
gg man. I had fun. I can't hate on anyone that uses the Sonics. That was my team until they got rid of Ray Ray. I go where Ray goes.

Great game man. I'm going to have to practice though. Garnett was killing me at one point and I'm going to have to find some more reliable shooters on this team. Watson and Ridnour were absolutely driving me nuts for a few of those open 3 pointers.

I've also got to match up better. I swear Durant was guarding Garnett for a couple of possessions down low :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dark FaZe said:
Great game man. I'm going to have to practice though. Garnett was killing me at one point and I'm going to have to find some more reliable shooters on this team. Watson and Ridnour were absolutely driving me nuts for a few of those open 3 pointers.

I've also got to match up better. I swear Durant was guarding Garnett for a couple of possessions down low :lol

And I don't really know this team well enough (first time ever using them) to know how to take advantage of how you defend. I was boggled for a bit, I always am when I play against someone that doesn't always guard the guy with the ball.

And dude you had Durant everywhere. It seemed he was playing a different position every time he came down the court. I'm a little embarrassed you torched me with him. But I'm in a happy place now and I'm not gonna freak out. Happy place.

And Matrix; You can't say anything about crap until we play each other. I'm missing layups with a 98 rated player. I mean I had Chris Wilcox guarding me. My gosh!!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOOK AT MY GAME STATS LOOK AT THE SCORE LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF 3'S I MISSED...

I f-ing suck

Smokey

Matrix said:
After 1 game I am by far the worst player here,I'm like Hakeem was on his last legs.

I'm a shell of my former self and got totally abused today.

:lol Not laughing at you but that was a pretty funny statement.

Dark FaZe said:

I've also got to match up better. I swear Durant was guarding Garnett for a couple of possessions down low

Wow, first game in the league and you bust out with 42 from Durant. Impressive rookie :p

I should probably mention to the new guys that you can access the entire league at the website:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=302757

You can make trades, set your lineups, check stats, etc. I can do some pretty cool things with the site and I might again, but I didn't think anybody looked at it last season.

First day of the season, and it looks like every game has been played except DCX vs. AirBrian which was my fault because I wasn't around to reset.

Impressive:D

DCX

DCX
I'm off today Brian. Home til about 9:30 this morning then back after 2pm til whenever. I could play tonight late if i had to, or Wen night. Up to you.

Trading Block
- David Lee
- Zach Randolph
- Quintin Richardson

I'll only trade one of my stud PFs and keep the other unless i recieve a PF i like back then they both can go.

Looking for SG/PG/C

DCX

AkaBalla

Lakers and Nuggets make a blockbuster deal earlier this morning.

The Lakers recieve

Stop Snitching favorite Carmelo Anthony and Eduardo Najera in exchange for Pau Gasol and Luke Walton.

Enjoy

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:

The Lakers recieve

Stop Snitching favorite Carmelo Anthony and Eduardo Najera in exchange for Pau Gasol and Luke Walton.

Enjoy
: O

DCX

Smokey

AkaBalla said:

The Lakers recieve

Enjoy

I'm cockblocking this trade.

Enjoy

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
I'm cockblocking this trade.

Enjoy
darth-vadar.jpg

" The Force is strong with this one "

DCX

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
What is the reason behind this blockbuster trade. Convince me of your aspirations.

:lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AI, Smith, Klieza and Atkins is more than enough for me on the perimiter.

CB actually approached me with the deal..

With the PIP limit dont worry i wont be abusing the paint with Pau.. heck i'm the one who came up with the infamous PIP rule..

What are your thoughts Smokey?

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
:lol at the trade.

Aka is raping CB in this trade. Pau for Camelo?!? :lol

Is Pau a dominant force in this game, im sure all he is good at is the PIP shots and dunks.. ? I've never used him actually..

AkaBalla said:
Is Pau a dominant force in this game, im sure all he is good at is the PIP shots and dunks.. ? I've never used him actually..

Pau is basically Tim Duncan in this game. Killer post play, great rebounding, and good shot blocking. I wish I had him on my Lakers squad last season... :(

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
Pau is basically Tim Duncan in this game. Killer post play, great rebounding, and good shot blocking. I wish I had him on my Lakers squad last season... :(

You've played with the Grizzlies before? I cant imagine you running with a subpar team in a league.. There's no way!!!

Nooooooo @ the thought of playing both teams. Melo/Kobe/Odom/Radman/Bynum. Fuck me.

Iverson/Smith/Kleiza/Pau/Camby.

o my.

Me and my poor sonix. I'm proposing a trade.

Earl Watson for Kobe

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
:lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AI, Smith, Klieza and Atkins is more than enough for me on the perimiter.

CB actually approached me with the deal..

With the PIP limit dont worry i wont be abusing the paint with Pau.. heck i'm the one who came up with the infamous PIP rule..

What are your thoughts Smokey?

Oh I'm not concerned about the rules, that didn't even cross my mind with you... but it's a rape trade IMO which is why I disapproved it.

I'm just saying.

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Oh I'm not concerned about the rules, but it's a rape trade IMO which is why I disapproved it.

I'm just saying.

If CB3 really wants to do it I'll approve it, but please THINK before doing this..

I guess i understand.. I know you wiull approve it after CB thinks over his offer. I'm all for it..

But would you be able to poll the league? This might be the way to go..

AkaBalla said:
You've played with the Grizzlies before? I cant imagine you running with a subpar team in a league.. There's no way!!!

No need to get cute guy... I can't help the fact the Celtics have been a doormat for years while the Lakers have been blessed with great players over the past decade. Purple and gold have been running through my veins even in the dumpster days of Sedale Threatt, Cedric Ceballos, and Elden Campbell...

Gasol is on the Lakers now and I've played several games with buddies on my friends list so I've very aware of his capabilities!

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
No need to get cute guy... I can't help the fact the Celtics have been a doormat for years while the Lakers have been blessed with great players over the past decade. Purple and gold have been running through my veins in the dumpster days of Sedale Threatt, Cedric Ceballos, and Elden Campbell...

Gasol is on the Lakers now and I've played several games with buddies on my friends list so I've very aware of his capabilities!

This has nothing to do with the Celtics.. Why bring them up?

And now onto the Celtics.. Enjoy the series... Jack will be making his first crying scene @ the Great Western Forum (I know the Staples Center) in Game 4 when the Lakers get swept...

Haha.... Im sure i just opened up a can of worms here.. Im sure im the only Celtics fan here..

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
I guess i understand.. I know you wiull approve it after CB thinks over his offer. I'm all for it..

But would you be able to poll the league? This might be the way to go..

Yeah I'll put a poll up on the league site.

Your wish has been granted AKA.

Everyone head over to the website:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=302757

and for or against this trade at the bottom of the page.

Please vote!

Ill leave it open until tomorrow morning.

AkaBalla said:
This has nothing to do with the Celtics.. Why bring them up?

And now onto the Celtics.. Enjoy the series... Jack will be making his first crying scene @ the Great Western Forum (I know the Staples Center) in Game 4 when the Lakers get swept...

Haha.... Im sure i just opened up a can of worms here.. Im sure im the only Celtics fan here..

I brought them up as a response to your unfair digg that I only play as elite teams in leagues. I could easily fire back at you with citing the Red Sox as an elite team you always play with, but I recognize you simply love your Boston teams. Same here plus America's team! :D

Shawnwhann said:
No need to get cute guy... I can't help the fact the Celtics have been a doormat for years while the Lakers have been blessed with great players over the past decade. Purple and gold have been running through my veins even in the dumpster days of Sedale Threatt, Cedric Ceballos, and Elden Campbell...

you're not a true gaf lakers fan!

Assuming week 1 finishes today, I'll be able to get in game 2 tonight after 10:30 EST or tomorrow afternoon (don't know who my week 2 opponent is).

AirBrian

DCX said:
I'm off today Brian. Home til about 9:30 this morning then back after 2pm til whenever. I could play tonight late if i had to, or Wen night. Up to you.

Trading Block
- David Lee
- Zach Randolph
- Quintin Richardson

I'll only trade one of my stud PFs and keep the other unless i recieve a PF i like back then they both can go.

Looking for SG/PG/C

DCX

I should hopefully get home from work around 8 PM (CDT) or so tonight, so that would work better for me because tomorrow night will be nasty and I probably won't get a chance to play.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
So can we play week 2 now or no?

Not sure if we can do this, but if anyone wants to do a scrim game using league settings message me: GT: SpoonKiIIah (3 i's 2 caps)

I'm on now.

Smokey

vumpler said:
So can we play week 2 now or no?

Not sure if we can do this, but if anyone wants to do a scrim game using league settings message me: GT: SpoonKiIIah (3 i's 2 caps)

I'm on now.

New York v. Chicago still has to be played.

And yes you can scrim using league settings. When in lobby just go to send custom challenge.

DCX

DCX
Bulls vs Knicks will be going down tonight when AirBrian gets home and i watch Cloverfield in BluRay

DCX

Matrix

I'm out of the league guys.....

I'm done with MS for good now,my 3rd system just red ringed.

FUCK THEM HARD FUCK THEM SOOOO HARD!

AirBrian

Matrix said:
I'm out of the league guys.....

I'm done with MS for good now,my 3rd system just red ringed.

FUCK THEM HARD FUCK THEM SOOOO HARD!
Ugh, that sucks! Is it under warranty at least?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ah that sucks dude. At least MGS4 is out soon for you.

That trade was ass. I voted NO!!!!!

Post players don't have anywhere near the effect on the game that swingmen do. One big reason is because they are usually only useful in a half court offense and with the amount of quick shots and fast breaks that this game gives us I couldn't see how Pau is worth anywhere near Melo value. Heck I offered Pierce and Pruitt for Melo. At least there is some sort of balance there.

And I would have voted against it just out of principle of realism. If I couldn't see it happening in real life I can't agree with it in the game.

Just an opinion.

Matrix

I'm not sure anymore Brian,not sure how it works with refurbs that should work FUCKING LONGER CAUSE THEY HAVE TWO HEATSINKS,but im done with it....

PICT0094.jpg

AirBrian

Damn. That's just horrible. This whole thing is just so frustrating and unnecessary if MS would've given a shit about the people buying their consoles instead of rushing the thing to market to beat Sony. What a clusterfuck.

And DCX, let's go!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Is that a ziplock bag of coffee grounds above your 360? :lol

That looks like a sponge to me.

So Matrix; when you say are you done you don't really mean DONE do you?

Top Bottom