• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: Former Russian counter-intelligence officer was in Don Jr. meeting

Wait, wait, so how many were in the meeting with Jr.? I'm getting confused LOL

Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Lawyer russian lady
5th guy confirmed by NBC "retired" Russian intel
Possible another?

This was how I understood the email from the start, the British Russia bloke was saying there were two men going with the lawyer that he'd give the names of.
I haven't Kept up with little Trump's accounts though.

Zolo

Probably why they are trying to ram healthcare down our throats so fast. They probably know time is almost up with this President.

We're not at that point. They're trying to ram healthcare because it's better to do so as far as possible from mid-terms and if Democrats win the House in mid-terms, they won't be able to get anything.

So is there any actual real chance this can lead to an impeachment?
This is Trump Jr. and Kushner's show. Trump himself still technically has plausible deniability at this point.

RoiRbYu.png

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/885831375290605568

scott-sharkey-evilsharkey-wapo-the-president-shat-himself-white-house-21619507.png

Can't take Louise or Claude all that seriously.

Remember Claude said like 3 weeks ago Bannon intimidated some WH aides and was going to be in trouble. Nothing since.

They might get something right every blue moon but for the most part don't pay that much attention to them.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
My favorite new defense: "lol @ liberals trying to call this guy a 'spy.' He's not a spy he's a COUNTER INTELLIGENCE OFFICER lmao #FAKENEWS #LIBSBTFO"

So is there any actual real chance this can lead to an impeachment?

Takes time to build a case. Maybe he'll never get impeached. But his support will start dwindling with each new scandal and only his hardcore base will stay.

If he hits a certain low even the Republicans will throw him under the bus. And this is all basically ammo for the Democrats.

This is just another little piece of the puzzle. But it's a heck of a piece though.

Can't take Louise or Claude all that seriously.

Remember Claude said like 3 weeks ago Bannon intimidated some WH aides and was going to be in trouble. Nothing since.

They might get something right every blue moon but for the most part don't pay that much attention to them.

Or you know, that entire " SEALED INDICTMENTS; EVERYONE IS GOING TO JAAAAAAAIL" bs.

mclem

Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Lawyer russian lady
Possible another? (something on the Morning Joe???)

There were six filled with dread and the weakest one said "Roll over, roll over". And they all rolled over and one had doubt, he went to the press with a scream and a shout.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
How did we get from "We had a meeting to discuss Russian Adoptions" to this so quickly? It's really frustrating how few eyebrows on Capitol Hill seem to get raised when the Trump team gets caught in a string of lies.

Yeah, it's really crazy, but I hope that the inaction from the Republicans over this sinks them for the rest of our lives.

It's obvious something really incriminated was discussed at this meeting.

Mainly because of how all the trump team and supporters (like stone) were pretty much boasting about how they had something on Clinton after this meeting.

I'm tipping the third person was emin's dad. The trump team were told something juciy, enough for jarred to race out of the room to tell others.

And trump Sr. Was notified of the outcome via phone (I.e. Manafort texting him).

They aren't talking about Trump Sr. in the room why the hell would they even say that? Falls apart at the first question, was the person your father? 'i don't recall'

They are talking about the second man with the Russian lawyer, and implying they aren't sure which of the two men was spoken to.

They aren't talking about Trump Sr. in the room why the hell would they even say that? Falls apart at the first question, was the person your father? 'i don't recall'

They are talking about the second man with the Russian lawyer, and implying they aren't sure which of the two men was spoken to.

Goldstone is highly likely the person the lawyer is referring to, given Jr. Said he was at the meeting on hannity.

I'm hoping they mean emins dad though.

Garlador

Impeachment is a political process, and he's still doing absolutely fine with the GOP base, politically. So, no.
That's not entirely true. Even among Republicans, his approval is low compared to his contemporaries. He's not "absolutely fine", not by a long shot.

Turns out even GOP can get upset when you threaten to take away their healthcare, go half a year and fail to resurrect dead jobs, fail to live up to your promise to "build the wall" or "lock her up", and get bogged down with scandals no amount of "fake news" cries can make go away.

Bluenoser

A chilling thought crossed my mind when I watched a segment from Colbert the other night, with John Oliver as guest.

John was like, even though this is something, we are living in a world where it might not mean anything. And that's a scary thought. (paraphrasing). But he's absolutely right... already the GOP are basically shrugging this off, just as they would do with the most incriminating evidence possible.

The voters can't take them to task until next year, and even then, most of them won't. So if the people who elect these guys are fine with what they are doing, and they have oversight over the fucking law in the country, can anything stop them?

Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Lawyer russian lady
Possible another? (something on the Morning Joe???)

That's just a lot of red-blooded patriots fighting for the rights of the middle class.

ianpm31

Funny how Trump Jr and associates don't know anything about anybody and Manafort playing with his phone while Kushner left within minutes. It's incredibly common to meet with people you know nothing of and be completely unaware of anything lol such a stupid story. Oh and Trump Sr had no idea about the meeting ....

rudger

It's obvious something really incriminated was discussed at this meeting.

Mainly because of how all the trump team and supporters (like stone) were pretty much boasting about how they had something on Clinton after this meeting.

I'm tipping the third person was emin's dad. The trump team were told something juciy, enough for jarred to race out of the room to tell others.

And trump Sr. Was notified of the outcome via phone (I.e. Manafort texting him).

I like me how you're framing the bullshit story Trump told about how the meeting went against him.

Weird that Trump even bothered giving a version of the meeting. He says he wasn't there. Telling us what he was told people were doing in the meeting is like, "my son says he didn't do it. Why are we still talking"

Horns

We don't want an impeachment too soon. Pence is a lot worse in many ways. We want this to be dragged on. This needs to freeze up their legislative agenda and the constant reminders to brand all Republicans.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Funny how Trump Jr and associates don't know anything about anybody and Manafort playing with his phone while Kushner left within minutes. It's incredibly common to meet with people you know nothing of and be completely unaware of anything lol such a stupid story

If anyone is capable of attending meetings and being unaware of the substance or participants of said meetings, it'd be Kush, Donjr, and... well, Manafort might be not dumb-as-shit.

These guys are the GSW Warriors of idiocy. It's like Trump's whole family is a 73-win team of morons, and Kush joined up like some kind of dumb-ass Kevin Durant to push the incompetence over the top.

We don't want an impeachment too soon. Pence is a lot worse in many ways. We want this to be dragged on. This needs to freeze up their legislative agenda and the constant reminders to brand all Republicans.

I agree with this as long as we get Jeff Sessions out ASAP.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Its pretty much known he knew about the meeting, but he denies ever hearing about it. That is a problem.

"I wasn't at the meeting. I didn't even know there was one. But if I knew about it or was present, it wouldn't be a problem!"

No Pence isn't fucking worse. Jesus. If the US is a car in motion, Pence is a bad, overconfident drunk driver while Trump is a box of angry bees. One of them at least knows what a car is.

Besides, if this finally ends up resolving successfully, it might just snare Pence too.

A chilling thought crossed my mind when I watched a segment from Colbert the other night, with John Oliver as guest.

John was like, even though this is something, we are living in a world where it might not mean anything. And that's a scary thought. (paraphrasing). But he's absolutely right... already the GOP are basically shrugging this off, just as they would do with the most incriminating evidence possible.

The voters can't take them to task until next year, and even then, most of them won't. So if the people who elect these guys are fine with what they are doing, and they have oversight over the fucking law in the country, can anything stop them?

Too many people are underestimating the potential D-wave that will happen in '18. Parties that own the WH typically do bad during midterms, and that's not even taking someone with favorables as shitty as Trump's into account.

So, let's say we're some of those people who hand-wave a lot of what's been going on as, "He's just a businessman, not a politician!"

Okay, now this news comes to light.

Isn't it so much more concerning, if not unnerving, that "just a businessman" is playing politics with a counter-intelligence officer of any foreign entity?

Funny how Trump Jr and associates don't know anything about anybody and Manafort playing with his phone while Kushner left within minutes. It's incredibly common to meet with people you know nothing of and be completely unaware of anything lol such a stupid story. Oh and Trump Sr had no idea about the meeting ....

As I said above, my tip is kushner left to go tell someone some juicy information and manafort texted someone (hopefully sr.) the details of the meeting.

Now, if manafort has flipped, which I assume given how he was the first to amend his foreign agent dealings form, then hopefully mueller has his phone and those text messages.

I am not American but I hope I am correct.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
And to think, that NYT reporter still hasn't given us the payoff to his tweet yet.

Too many people are underestimating the potential D-wave that will happen in '18. Parties that own the WH typically do bad during midterms, and that's not even taking someone with favorables as shitty as Trump's into account.

I agree this will be a gigantic Democratic midterm... as long as the election isn't compromised. Again.

Zolo

As I said above, my tip is kushner left to go tell someone some juicy information and manafort texted someone (hopefully sr.) the details of the meeting.

Now, if manafort has flipped, which I assume given how he was the first to amend his foreign agent dealings form, then hopefully mueller has his phone and those text messages.

I am not American but I hope I am correct.

Would the messages still be there a year after deletion?

Top Bottom