• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: Former Russian counter-intelligence officer was in Don Jr. meeting

Wait, what's the current count?

Don Jr.
Manafort
Kushner

Russian lawyer
Russian hacker

That only makes 5 right? Am i missing someone?

Don Jr.
Manafort
Kushner

Russian Lawyer
Russian Hacker
another Russian, possibly a translator.

CNN is reporting a total of 8 people were in the meeting.

Kusagari

CNN says:

Kushner
Manafort
Jr.
Veselnitskaya (lawyer)
Akhmetshin (spy/hacker)
Goldstone
Representative of the Agalarov's
Translator

Wait

Who is saying eight people?
CNN is http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html

Washington (CNN) The June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort included at least eight people.

The revelation of additional participants comes as The Associated Press first reported Friday that a Russian-American lobbyist named Rinat Akhmetshin said he also attended the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. CNN has reached out to Akhmetshin for comment.

So far acknowledged in attendance: Trump Jr., Kushner, Manafort, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, Akhmetshin and publicist Rob Goldstone, who helped set up the meeting. A source familiar with the circumstances told CNN there were at least two other people in the room as well, a translator and a representative of the Russian family who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting. The source did not provide the names.

7FJvazk.png

THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SIX PEOPLE

I leave work and it magically jumps to eight?!

mnannola

Who would actually have to be in that meeting for Republicans to give a shit? Is there anyone on Earth that would cause them to immediately take action if that person was in the room?

Putin? Kim Jong Un? Obama?

Steel

Banned
Who would actually have to be in that meeting for Republicans to give a shit? Is there anyone on Earth that would cause them to immediately take action if that person was in the room?

Putin? Kim Jong Un? Obama?

Obama. Putin they would just handwave(
I'm only 53% joking

DonShula

Regarding the idea that you need to change Trump supporters' minds: don't forget that Trump was the hero the GOP never wanted. They don't like him and only put up with him because he stomped the field and they had no plan to take him out. As soon as the GOP has need to, they will dispose of Trump. Fox News will help them do this. The true believer Trump supporter will go back to not voting, and the hold-your-nose GOP voter will pretend they voted for Kasich. No one will "change their mind," so to speak. Some folks in the WH will go to jail and the rest of the GOP will pretend to be shocked, while soberly soldiering forward. It will become quite popular on the right to proclaim you never supported Trump and just want to stand for traditional conservative values.

Guy.brush

We should start collecting possible titles for the inevitable mini-series or movie:

And the Oscar goes to..

"THE DOSSIER"
"THE EIGHTH MAN"
"KOMPROMAT"
"HER EMAILS"
"PUTIN PAPERS"
"THE MUELLER REDEMPTION"

Zips

Would they really have needed a translator?

This lawyer and the (ex-) spy who has American citizenship can't speak English (fluently)?

Jared switching lawyers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-shakes-legal-team-probe-gathers-steam-191810956.html

Ty Cobb, who has represented multiple figures in Washington scandals dating back to the Clinton administration, will be joining the White House staff at the end of this month as a special counsel to the president, charged with handling all legal and media-related issues relating to the Russia probe, sources said.
At the same time, Jamie Gorelick, a politically well-connected lawyer who has been representing Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, is dropping out of the case, turning over all responsibilities for the Russia investigation to Abbe Lowell, another well-known Washington criminal defense lawyer.

cameron

Cobb, who is distantly related to the Hall of Fame baseball player of the same name, declined to comment about his new role. But he is known to take a different approach to Washington scandal management than the combative Kasowitz. His preferred modus operandi, he has told associates, is to get out in front of negative stories and publicly release as much information as possible under the theory that it’s likely to come out anyway and concealing it will only exacerbate future political problems.

Reince would be interesting because his presence, along with the Paul Ryan/Kevin McCarthy "Putin pays Trump" tape, would destroy the establishment GOP's ability to claim plausible deniability.

My mind is filled with fuck.

Now there was another person in the meeting? And he states the Russian lawyer provided the Trump team with Hillary dirt documents?

Jesus fucking christ. Its not that I'm surprised that she provided documents - I suspected as much - but to have it clearly spelled out by a mysterious additional person (who may or may not be Russian intelligence) who attended the meeting?

Stupid Watergate is too nice a term for this shitshow.

Preibus was at Trump Tower that day.

I'm still going with him.

He is what will implicate the party. It will also explain the party platform shift.

There needs to be a GAF version of this mat for every time there's a Trump/Russia thread.
What is the false conclusion people are jumping to?

We're talking about a new witness who was there for the meeting in question, describing what he saw.

And maybe more than one?

Steel

Banned
There needs to be a GAF version of this mat for every time there's a Trump/Russia thread.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg?w=612[/img[/QUOTE]

No, there needs to be a sticky saying that investigations like this could take years.

DonShula

Reince would be interesting because his presence, along with the Paul Ryan/Kevin McCarthy "Putin pays Trump" tape, would destroy the establishment GOP's ability to claim plausible deniability.

Yeah, we had an entire two weeks in November devoted to Reince vs Bannon for chief of staff stakes. Plus all the stories about Reince being the more even-keeled presence who steered Trump toward the "sensible" choices. Would be completely fucking amazing if that was entirely staged and Reince was in on it from the beginning.

androvsky

Now there was another person in the meeting? And he states the Russian lawyer provided the Trump team with Hillary dirt documents?

Jesus fucking christ. Its not that I'm surprised that she provided documents - I suspected as much - but to have it clearly spelled out by a mysterious additional person (who may or may not be Russian intelligence) who attended the meeting?

Sanctions are still in place and aren't going anywhere anytime soon, guess they're going for the kneecaps.

RCSI

We don't know what the documents contained other than there were documents.

nubbe

It can't be real
Someone must be spreading false info.. it's just too much
I can't belive it
*head explodes*

antonz

You have a Russian Intel Officer who has specialized in hacking and then using said obtained material as a weapon against people. This is well documented in he has done this against Russian Citizens in the past.

That he joins a meeting with the Trump Campaign in a narrow window of time before the DNC materials begin leaking is pretty amazing timing. There is no jumping to conclusions here.

Top Bottom