• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC News: U.S. May Launch Strike If North Korea Reaches For Nuclear Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

III-V

And you believe him?

I don't believe a word out of his fucking mouth.

However, considering his prior stance on interventionism and North Korea, which was stay the fuck away, it does seem that plans have changed after his meeting with Chinese president Xi.

He has carefully worded his messages, and he has placed a lot of distance from himself and what is happening right now. Trump is quite unpredictable in terms of policy, but he has a few 'tells'.

brian577

Banned
I don't believe a word out of his fucking mouth.

However, considering his prior stance on interventionism and North Korea, which was stay the fuck away, it does seem that plans have changed after his meeting with Chinese president Xi.

He has carefully worded his messages, and he has placed a lot of distance from himself and what is happening right now. Trump is quite unpredictable in terms of policy, but he has a few 'tells'.

He said a few things about Syria and Assad before he bombed the hell of them last week.

Xyrmellon

Threre were multiple sources a couple days ago that stated the nuke was "in a tunnel" and all they basically had to do was throw the switch for the test. So if they don't do it, as much as you all don't want to admit it, it would be a Trump victory.

Z_Y

Threre were multiple sources a couple days ago that stated the nuke was "in a tunnel" and all they basically had to do was throw the switch for the test. So if they don't do it, as much as you all don't want to admit it, it would be a Trump victory.

My heart is breaking at the idea of nuke not going off.

platakul

Banned
Didnt that turn out to be a road opening?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

And if they do it it would be a Trump failure. And that man child hates to be seen as loser.

SDCowboy

I genuinely wonder, behind the veil of this parade and showing, does Un genuinely think this is an impressive military force, or does deep down he know NK would be taken out with ease within an hour or two, even without the use of nukes? Like, can his top guys be honest with him about that in meetings, or do they have to lie to him, and thus he really believes it?

My heart is breaking at the idea of nuke not going off.

Were you expecting Kim to do this?

jericho-missile.gif

III-V

He said a few things about Syria and Assad before he bombed the hell of them last week.

Yes, thats true. There was talk and action. He has talked a bit about NK this week, but before departing for Maralago, he said that the military leaders have authority over the NK situation, currently. There may be action, but I believe pre-emptive strike to be an intentional leak in order to put pressure on Kim Jong-un to not test the nukes.

brian577

Banned
I genuinely wonder, behind the veil of this parade and showing, does Un genuinely think this is an impressive military, or does deep down he know they would be taken out with ease within an hour or two, even without the use of nukes? Like, can his top guys be honest with him about that in meetings, or do they have to lie to him, and thus he really believes it?

He was educated in Europe, he knows the whole thing is BS.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They got some bounce in their steps.

edit: probably regretting doing the salute, getting tired, but don't want to start switching arm.

Xyrmellon

Yeah wait, "in a tunnel"? Just how... far away from the test would they be if they do it? They're not gonna test it in a populated area right? How far from a nuke do you have to be to see it and not take some kind of damage?

They test in an unpopulated moutain region, underground.

HeelPower

Be Prepared looks like child's play to this.

Honestly,fiction villains really don't compare to the insanity that humanity is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom