• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 09 (360) Interest thread

bdoughty

Banned
I noticed FMT was not planning on running a 360 league. Not saying I would be the one to run it since I am just a lowly rook, just looking to see who is interested.

Striker

Indeed I am. I can't wait for this game.

We made a thread before, but it disappeared. :|

The conferences and teams we can choose from...

ACC
Atlantic Division - Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest
Coastal Division - Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Virginia Tech

Big East
Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse and West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida

Big Ten
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII
North - Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska
South - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Conference USA
East - UAB, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss
West - Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP, Tulane, Tulsa

MAC
East - Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami University, Ohio, Temple
West - Ball St, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, TCU, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming

PAC10
Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

Sun Belt
Arkansas State, UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, MTSU, North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, Florida International

SEC
Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

WAC
Boise State, Fresno State, Idaho, Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, Nevada, San Jose State, Utah State

bdoughty

Banned
I guess another factor is will it be conference based or a free for all (multi conference)? Since it is a online dynasty I prefer the conference route to make the recruiting aspect more exciting (fighting for the same players).

TheCrow

I'm definitely interested. Even though I want Illinois it won't matter if we pick a different conference. Now we just need some more people and someone to run the league.

Striker

bdoughty said:
I guess another factor is will it be conference based or a free for all (multi conference)? Since it is a online dynasty I prefer the conference route to make the recruiting aspect more exciting (fighting for the same players).
Absolutely.

What's your preference for conference?

bdoughty

Banned
I have no preference outside of not using the Big 12 (I like to save my Sooners for an offline dynasty).

SEC or Big 10?

Striker

I wouldn't mind the ACC, Big 10, Big East, or the Mountain West.

The signing process will be excellent as long as we fill up the conference.

I don't think teams will matter once we play through seasons. Say you're Duke in the ACC -- if you're a good player, you should be able to rack up wins and build the team strongly in a few seasons. I also think these seasons will go through much quicker than the Maddens of before.

Striker

vumpler said:
SEC is the only right answer :D
There's a ton of great teams in there, but I'm not sure. I would like to build teams and for all of us to compete evenly. But eh, if it everybody favors the SEC, I'll do it. ;)

bdoughty

Banned
I have no issue with SEC and would not mind taking one of the cupcakes.

2005 will be the new 2008

272309.jpg

TheCrow

I'd prefer the Big 10, but I have no problem with the SEC. I just hope my lack of college football knowledge doesn't hurt me.

Striker

TheCrow said:
I'd prefer the Big 10, but I have no problem with the SEC. I just hope my lack of college football knowledge doesn't hurt me.
Neither do I (in terms of team's strengths and players).

Big Ten seems okay, but OSU is the king, with Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn St. on the next level. Whoever runs OSU will dominate most likely. For SEC, it would be more fair, I think, but like I said, there's tons of conferences we may choose from. :)

bdoughty

Banned
maybe one of you SEC guys want to be in charge of the league?

Like I said earlier, I got dibs on Vandy if we can fill a full league.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I know we can fill a full league. We can also make it a quick one. So we can get in one before madden is released.

We should get in 1 full season before madden. Then after madden is released, those who want to stay should try to setup a dynasty.

I don't mind running the league, but would rather someone else step up.

Top Bottom