• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2005 thoughts....aka Panthers Future GA Tourny Champs

Maverick

Okay, just picked up the Xbox version a few hours again. After 2 games I can say:

- The graphics are improved, but I was expecting a little bit more. Lighting is better.

- The crowd atmosphere is the biggest thing you will notice. The camera shakes....some will love this, some will hate it. I'm in the former camp. Makes games seem more exciting. "Nerve factor" makes for annoying drops.

- I can't pass. Went 5/17 and 10/22. And it seems it has more to do w/ my WRs dropping balls than tighter D. Anyone else have this?

- I can run though. Oh, sweet, sweet blocking. It's so rrrreeeeal. (Sosa)

- New hit animations are noticable and plentiful. The second best thing I noticed besides the presentation so far.

- Cool thing I saw: Short pass over the middle, my LB struggles to jump up but falls backward and gets a hand on the ball to stop the pass. Ace!

It's not a game with improvements you're going to notice right off the bat. EA haters will bitch about this game forever probably. But long time NCAA fans will appreciate the sweet formula and the enhancements right away.

pitt-jam.jpg

How are sweeps? Do they work?

I heard D lin eplay is much improved with DT's making lots of tackles. True?

Thanks for the impressions, we need more of 'em. Place is dry.

Fifty

Heh, nice to hear. FMT should have some online impressions later. Which thread they end up in is anybody's guess!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Defense AI is way improved. I loved last years game but you could really cheeze with running QB's. Not anymore (so far anyway). I also enjoy the crowd features! And let's not forget custom signs!

I passed great with U of M, though confidence and player ratings really came into play. I think maybe it's harder to sling around though my better receivers were making amazing catches with some really cool animations of grabs to boot.

Soul4ger

GO PITT! We had it on AI tonight at work, and MY Pittsburgh Panthers beat the West Virginia Mountaineers at home, and at WVU. It's a good omen, I tell ya. This game is obviously brilliant.

Musashi Wins! said:
Defense AI is way improved. I loved last years game but you could really cheeze with running QB's. Not anymore (so far anyway). I also enjoy the crowd features! And let's not forget custom signs!

I passed great with U of M, though confidence and player ratings really came into play. I think maybe it's harder to sling around though my better receivers were making amazing catches with some really cool animations of grabs to boot.

cool Musashi, thanks for the info!

Top Bottom