• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

I'm calling it now, Virginia's going to lose in their next three games.

Rivalry game at VT
Primetime against Duke
At North Carolina (which suddenly is probably playing the second best ball in the conference)

Indiana is fun to watch, but they are going to get roasted come tourney time.

Live by the 3, die by the three.

1) At least they will make the tourney this time around. :)

2) Well, that is about all they can do with the current roster. No size. Drive & kick all day.

Man what if Vonleh would have stayed for another year, imagine him playing with all these shooters!

Pollux

I know I'm always bitching about calls. But the officiating in these first 5 minutes has been legitimately terrible. Just terrible.

jakncoke

Banned
gg :jnc

Even though I watched nary a second of it. Time for 1000 watch.

Really tough road stretch coming up with St.John's, ND, UVA all next. Theoretically possible that K has to wait until the home game against GT on February 4th for that next win.

Im glad pitt 2nd half was a lot better than the 1st. knew we were going to lose so just hung out on the twitter, didnt want to get blown out though

Dickie V's really doubling down on this K's the best coach in sports thing.

I mean...I love K and I'm absolutely appreciative of his legacy from 3 decades of success...but, he basically took the second half of last year and stretches of this season off.

(Last year he had an excuse. This one not so much)

I'm not sure I could call him currently the best coach in sports. I'm not 100% sure he's even currently the best coach in college basketball.

Dude is more likely to talk about shrooms than what is actually happening on the court.
He's not insightful...like ever, but it's so refreshing to have a guy just talk about whatever. Plus he's a total product of baby boomer hippydom. I've listened to a handful of P12 games he's called over the past 2 months and he's never failed to plug Bob Dylan's upcoming album at least once during each telecast.

Like, normally I'm completely cynical about the modern TV broadcast format because I don't wanna hear a redundant play-by-play guy explaining what I'm seeing and/or a color commentator regurgitating arbitrary/irrelevant factoids every time they speak. Bill Walton is one of the few guys I legit enjoy listening to call a game because the game is COMPLETELY peripheral to the conversation he elicits. If more crews were just two guys/girls shooting the shit while watching a game maybe I wouldn't feel obligated to mute my TV every time I flip to ESPN.

Dosia

He's not insightful...like ever, but it's so refreshing to have a guy just talk about whatever. Plus he's a total product of baby boomer hippydom. I've listened to a handful of P12 games he's called over the past 2 months and he's never failed to plug Bob Dylan's upcoming album at least once during each telecast.

Like, normally I'm completely cynical about the modern TV broadcast format because I don't wanna hear a redundant play-by-play guy explaining what I'm seeing and/or a color commentator regurgitating arbitrary/irrelevant factoids every time they speak. Bill Walton is one of the few guys I legit enjoy listening to call a game because the game is COMPLETELY peripheral to the conversation he elicits. If more crews were just two guys/girls shooting the shit while watching a game maybe I wouldn't feel obligated to mute my TV every time I flip to ESPN.

Bill keeps it real

DominoKid

st johns needs to bring this shit back

7414_st_johns_red_storm-alternate-1992.png

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, are they seriously going to count that and not give us the 3.3 seconds left? So much for the pro-Duke ref bias.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to picking up the ball handler at the top of the key? We're regularly extending the D out past the 3-pt line again...

Edit: so is Justise hurt more than they're letting on, or did he just hit the freshman wall? Our team struggles started when his play took a big dip

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't deserve to post in the thread anymore but I just want to say Marshall Plumlee may not have the talent his brothers do, but he gives a shit far more than I've seen since probably Singler and Smith.

We all know that Todd was the leading carer over the past few years. No one gave high fives, warmed benches, and got shootaround rebounds harder than Mr. Zafirovski.

In other news, based off the last few games, its looks like Tyus is trying to get to the Association. Granted, his defensive liability is a big part of the reason why they are playing zone in the first place on defense (and NBA teams don't take too kindly to guards who can't...guard) but he's putting in the work on offense.

bucknuticus said:
Grovers avatar gives me the creeps

It creeps me out too. And I'm saddled with it for a whole year because of the dumbest avatar bet of my GAF life.

I just try to avoid looking at it and act like I don't have an avatar.

Fjordson

Grats to Coach K and Duke-gaf. Pretty good road win.

UK fans hate Duke, but I was a little kid when Laettner hit that shot so...I don't really hate K and Duke :lol my wife and her family hate when I say that, but what are ya gonna do. K is a legend.

Also, UK got a commitment today from a 2016 kid from New Zealand, Tai Wynyard. Fran Frischilla says he's one of the best 2016 players in the world, but I can't find much on him anywhere, really no game footage, so I dunno. Good news I guess, Cal must see something in him.

Top Bottom