• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Down with Notre Dame twitter for pointing out inconvenient facts.

Notre Dame MBB ‏@NDmbb 39m39 minutes ago
DID YOU KNOW: Coach K is 19-2 against his former assistant coaches.

The 2?

That comes from Coach Brey & our squad.

B8fDJazIAAE24FD.jpg

Random late observation: I'm going to need Matt Jones to stop shooting 3s, because I don't like his form. I don't even know what his percentage is, but his form just drives me nuts. At least look like you'll make it.

chris121580

Hell yeah Purdue stomping the fuck out of IU right now

Feels good to beat IU even though Purdue is NIT at best this year

That team should be better than NIT with all of that talent. Congrats on the W. We got completely out played and couldn't hit a 3 to save our life. That's probably the most fire I've seen come from Hammons his entire basketball career. The kid finally seems to be getting it and maturing in the process.

Fjordson

Per Andy Katz, Coach K says he's in good academic standing and will finish the semester. But was "unable to consistently live up to Duke standards".

I guess the season's officially over. Can college teams tank? Is that a thing?

Work on building up Jah's personal highlight tape for the pros and start grooming Grayson to take over the team next year with Kennard, I guess.

Fjordson

What about Grayson this year? Don't know how he compares to Rasheed as a whole, but just looking at Sheed's stats they don't seem that substantial.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is going on. I wonder if this has been an issue extending back to last season. There was definitely some Austin Rivers-y feeling stuff going on behind the scenes with his pouting and benching, but it seemed like this year was a clean slate for him and he was ready to accept his role.

Huge blow to our depth. Hopefully this opens up some minutes for Grayson, but I'm guessing it just means we'll be seeing a lot more of Matt Jones.

But he played last night (albeit in limited minutes).

Was this a decision already made but K felt he needed him for Notre Dame so he kept him on the team until right after? If so, that's an asshole move on K's part.

Did something happen between last night and now that made K go enough is enough?

Was it because of that dumbass shot that Sheed took at the end of the game?

Fjordson

Was this a decision already made but K felt he needed him for Notre Dame so he kept him on the team until right after? If so, that's an asshole move on K's part.

Did something happen between last night and now that made K go enough is enough?

Was it because of that dumbass shot that Sheed took at the end of the game?
Lmao. I hope it's the last reason. It's not, but that would be crazy. Coach K turning heel.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

That doesn't make sense, K would've kept him through the UVA game if that were true.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 8m8 minutes ago
What I know: it was a recurring conduct issue with Rasheed Sulaimon, and the final straw came on the Notre Dame road trip

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 15m15 minutes ago
It's a recurring discipline issue with Sulaimon, as press release indicates. Final straw came after Notre Dame game

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 16m16 minutes ago
Sulaimon's dismissal has nothing to do with anything that happened on the court.

^

From a PR perspective, I wish they just said something like "Rasheed Sulaimon is no longer part of the Duke basketball team. We thank him for his contributions to the program for the past 3 seasons," and left it at that. This whole bit about falling short of standards is kind of nobody's business.

Real talk: Think about recruiting.

More real talk: Don't encourage Sulaimon to put any dirty laundry on blast.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lmaooooooooooooo he was probably just a colossal asshole yall. sometimes it's that simple.

Some of the 9.99ers are hinting this is the case, and a possible physical altercation. K has had a couple of players where the relationship was, well, really bad. Greg Newton and Ricky price come to mind. But I don't think either were kicked off the team.

Sheed seemed close with the other players on the team, so while some shake ups like injury or tragedy can galvanize a team, this can have the opposite effect. We might be heading into Bobby Knight territory here.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
lmaooooooooooooo he was probably just a colossal asshole yall. sometimes it's that simple.

You don't kick someone off the team out of the blue for being an asshole. You suspend them, indefinitely if you have to. Bench him a few games. Whatever. To go from getting decent minutes against ND the night before to this, it points to it being likely that there's something more.

Fjordson

Yeah, Russell has been incredibly good.

Always confused me how Calipari never seemed to recruit him. Top shelf guard out of Louisville? Seems like a no-brainer.

I trust Rowe and if he says its bad (and the rumors flying around are pretty bad), shit's about to hit the fan

Not saying what's about to come out will necessarily be true. But it will be ugly

In non-Duke related news, good on the Buckeyes for kicking the Turtles down a peg

Pollux

I trust Rowe and if he says its bad (and the rumors flying around are pretty bad), shit's about to hit the fan

Not saying what's about to come out will necessarily be true. But it will be ugly

In non-Duke related news, good on the Buckeyes for kicking the Turtles down a peg
What rumors?

Top Bottom