• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Look, for what its worth, although I do hate Duke passionately.

I give them credit, they are the best at competing for the team I hate the most.

What makes it worse, is that 2010 and 2015 were ours, and we woulda beat Duke either year.

The only good news for me, is that there is no 2015 Wisconsin in this bracket. I knew in December that there was only 1 team in the country that could beat us, and they did.

UK could win it all this year, or lose at any point. Which Im pretty sure there are about 7 teams that fall in that category this year.

What makes it worse, is that 2010 and 2015 were ours, and we woulda beat Duke either year.

Nuh uh, let's not talk about 2010.
r7O1az2.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I give them credit, they are the best at competing for the team I hate the most.

The only good news for me, is that there is no 2015 Wisconsin in this bracket. I knew in December that there was only 1 team in the country that could beat us, and they did.

UK could win it all this year, or lose at any point. Which Im pretty sure there are about 7 teams that fall in that category this year.

Games aren't played on paper, son and UK fans take this shit as if its gospel. 2010 I can understand, but UK was dropped by a hot shooting WVU team who was then dropped by Duke on one of its best offensive performances of the year. I will concede that matchup wise, UKs strengths on the 2010 team would have been a matchup problem.

As far as last year is concerned, I'll never understand why people have this conception that Duke just won the tourney in some accidental fashion, and ignored how well the team played throughout the 6 games. Wisconsin was the only team to really challenge them and they were finally playing good team defense. I think Duke as playing as well as they did last year could have beaten UK. You know if it came down to the last possession, Tyus Jones would just dagger another 3 like he had all season.

spyder_ur

Best week of the year. I always take Friday off and spend all of Friday holed up in a bar somewhere with my friends. It's great.

I actually prefer Saturday though, which might be the single greatest day of the year. Good, important games all day, and it's a Saturday. Somehow is always seems to be nice out too.

I have to admit a total west coast bias when it comes to NCAA bball; I just don't end up watching many west coast teams. I had no idea that Oregon was that good.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why Yahoo? I have an old account there but cannot sign in and the password helper just says they can't reset my password. :/

GO CYCLONES.

As someone without cable, does anyone have any thoughts on the best streaming method to watch a decent amount of the games (at least the beginning rounds)?

I know the games are divided like three ways, so I'm a little conflicted about going with CBS all-access or something like SlingTV.

Kinda rooting for Michigan State since they got wronged out of being a 1 seed by Virginia who is probably going to lose before the Sweet 16.

Then KU, Baylor, MSU, and UNC in the final four.

Bowser

As someone without cable, does anyone have any thoughts on the best streaming method to watch a decent amount of the games (at least the beginning rounds)?

I know the games are divided like three ways, so I'm a little conflicted about going with CBS all-access or something like SlingTV.

CBSSports.com streams every single game online for free. Their streams are pretty great quality too.

You can also use their March Madness app to watch on your phone or tablet as well.

ESPN bold predictions: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...ns-north-carolina-wont-last-the-first-weekend

UNC loses to Providence
IU loses to Chattanooga
UK loses to Stony Brook

Sweet 16: Providence vs. Chattanooga/Stony Brook

jlawyeahok.gif

A Stony Brook win would be amazing, but I can't see it happening. I thought they were primed for an upset, but they got a terrible matchup. Warney is going to have a ton of rebounds, but he's going to struggle scoring down low. I dont think Stony Brook has the shooters necessary to stay in the game late and the matchup of Ulis vs Puriefoy will be tough to overcome.

SBU finally got over the hump, and that makes me happy enough.

nillapuddin

Games aren't played on paper, son and UK fans take this shit as if its gospel. 2010 I can understand, but UK was dropped by a hot shooting WVU team who was then dropped by Duke on one of its best offensive performances of the year. I will concede that matchup wise, UKs strengths on the 2010 team would have been a matchup problem.

As far as last year is concerned, I'll never understand why people have this conception that Duke just won the tourney in some accidental fashion, and ignored how well the team played throughout the 6 games. Wisconsin was the only team to really challenge them and they were finally playing good team defense. I think Duke as playing as well as they did last year could have beaten UK. You know if it came down to the last possession, Tyus Jones would just dagger another 3 like he had all season.

Duke didnt win by accident, they were a good team, but they would not have beaten kentucky. As we all know the tournament is about matchups, Duke didnt present matchup problems for UK last year.

Wisconsin was the one team I was praying we didnt have to play all year, and the only team I believed could beat UK. Dekker was too damn good and the only man on our team who could have guarded him even as a net neutral was Alex, and with him being hurt, look what happened, he went off.
That was a shot clock violation though, and we choked on offense

You are right though, the tournament is won and lost with guard play and Ulis is the POY and Murray has a shot at breaking the 3 point record for a Freshman. I feel good that they can drag us through any tough game, but anyone with an inside presence has a change to knock us off ugly

Texas, the team with more top 10 wins than any one else in the country, will be lucky to make it past northern Iowa.

lmao ok

And who would those be? Just curious. They finished middle of the Big 12, beat an over rated Oklahoma and Northen Iowa beat North Carolina as well.

bachikarn

Sigh. Really sucks we couldn't get it since the bubble was so weak. We looked like a lock mid season, but then shit the bed.

Guess I'll root for our former assistants Shaka and McCall. Go Texas and Chattanooga?

Krejlooc

Banned
And who would those be? Just curious. They finished middle of the Big 12, beat an over rated Oklahoma and Northen Iowa beat North Carolina as well.

Texas finished with the toughest SOS in the nation, with wins over:

#3 UNC
#17 ISU
#6 WVU
#15 Baylor
#10 WVU
#3 Oklahoma

Nobody in the nation has a resume as strong. Texas is a giant slayer.

Clearos

UCONN had a great weekend just need to keep that momentum going and stop the idiotic turn overs in the 2nd half.

Duke being higher than UK is even worse.

Just the typical ass kissing the NCAA and the media gives Duke.

Can't even finish in the top 5 of their conference or make the semis of their conference tournament, yet a 4 seed. Right.
Normally I'd be pissed too, but Duke's elevated perceived worth is what allowed Pitt to get in the tournament after a pretty mediocre season, so I'm okay with it.

We should of beat Duke last year but Dekker pick one hell of a time to cool off.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke didnt win by accident, they were a good team, but they would not have beaten kentucky. As we all know the tournament is about matchups, Duke didnt present matchup problems for UK last year.

Wisconsin was the one team I was praying we didnt have to play all year, and the only team I believed could beat UK. Dekker was too damn good and the only man on our team who could have guarded him even as a net neutral was Alex, and with him being hurt, look what happened, he went off.
That was a shot clock violation though, and we choked on offense

You are right though, the tournament is won and lost with guard play and Ulis is the POY and Murray has a shot at breaking the 3 point record for a Freshman. I feel good that they can drag us through any tough game, but anyone with an inside presence has a change to knock us off ugly

I still think you underestimated our team's chances last year, but the match up never happened so we'll never know.

If it makes you feel better, I'll be rooting for UK hard if/when they play UNC. Most Duke fans I know probably dislike UK, but there isn't enough regular interaction between the two teams to go beyond that. Cal though...Duke fans pretty much hate Cal, maybe even more than Ol Roy.

man, y'all had two shots to beat duke last year and one was in your building.
And thats pretty much that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We going to keep talking about last year? Alright, cool.

BTW, how disappointed will you be if you have to wait a season for my next "COACH K NEEDS TO RETIRE" rant? Even if UNCW wins, I don't see it happening.

As far as Huckleberry goes, he's the toast of tarheel planet right now. They've forgotten about everything else. Next season tho....

Texas finished with the toughest SOS in the nation, with wins over:

#3 UNC
#17 ISU
#6 WVU
#15 Baylor
#10 WVU
#3 Oklahoma

Nobody in the nation has a resume as strong. Texas is a giant slayer.

Yet they couldn't beat KU even once? Including a 30 point blowout at Texas... I wouldn't call any of those wins Giants, but hey, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom