• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Yep. "Potential!"

His jumper is nice so maybe some GM / coach will groom him into a stretch 4 or something. But inside he's been terrible all year.

The only part of his game that is good is his midrange jumper

literally the most useless basket in all of basketball

I wouldnt touch him personally until the 2nd round

thefro

One of the few times where Chuck's analysis makes sense. Pretty horrible team by Calipari's standards with a worthless set of bigs.

It's funny, because I thought UK's big weakness would be "LOL no guard depth!" this year from just looking at the recruiting rankings.

Bryant taking over down the stretch for IU was key before the intentional fouling started. Dude was doing whatever he wanted. Everyone else pretty solid (Troy Williams had his usual Jekyll & Hyde performance). Shooting was meh, lots of 3s that were barely off. Need to get Johnson and Morgan back healthy for the Sweet 16.

I just saw the Butler Virginia score.
Butler is doing better than I thought.

They're very comfortable at that kind of pace and they've played a lot of good teams in the Big East.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SWEET 16 BABY.

We traveled this well to Denver (about a 12 hour drive), can't wait to see how well our fans travel to Chicagon (6 hour drive).

Hoiberg better roll out the red carpet for his old team.

All I know is that Duke washed IU back when they were bad and got washed by UK back when they were bad.

Transitive property says BBN by 50 right?

IU is a completely different team since that game, did a 180.
James Blackmon, Jr., IU's best shooter, tore his ACL late December but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because Blackmon wouldn't guard a chair.
Robert Johnson stepped into his spot and played great perimeter D, kept the ball moving, hit enough open 3s.
Team's defense went from a catastrophe in that Duke game to actually pretty good in B1G play.

IU played as well as any team in the country not named Kansas since January 1.
They're number 7 in the nation in offensive efficiency.

As you just saw, Yogi is as good as any pg in the country, hits 3s at a 40% plus clip, lightning quick first step to the basket, elite ballhandler, sees the floor well, plays good perimeter D, senior, he's the complete package.

Thomas Bryant is a stud inside which he showed in the last 10 minutes there.
And they're loaded with 3 pt shooters.

Troy Williams is jekyll/hyde with bad turnovers followed by spectacular plays.

i.e. they're a really good team that has a good chance to upset UNC if that matchup happens since UNC doesn't defend the 3 all that well, IU drains 3s at a high clip, today notwithstanding. And IU likes to run too. Would be a great track meet to watch.

Can't believe my boys at Providence have our 2nd match up in 3 years against UNC. We almost pulled the upset last time. Need to play a perfect game tonight.

Lkr

I have been having issues at times with it loading but usually by going to http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live and clicking on the game again has worked for me.

i couldn't get it working the past two days, but i just went on through watchtbs and it redirected me to that page and then it worked interestingly. i think it might have not been verifying my directv login but whatever, its working
this virginia vs butler game is very good, gonna go down to the wire

W1SSY

From the post game Q&A.

Q. You guys obviously haven't played Indiana in a while. Do you think the excitement around this game and how good of a game it was merits bringing it back?

JOHN CALIPARI: In Indianapolis.

DominoKid

IU is a completely different team since that game, did a 180.
James Blackmon, Jr., IU's best shooter, tore his ACL late December but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because Blackmon wouldn't guard a chair.
Robert Johnson stepped into his spot and played great perimeter D, kept the ball moving, hit enough open 3s.
Team's defense went from a catastrophe in that Duke game to actually pretty good in B1G play.

IU played as well as any team in the country not named Kansas since January 1.
They're number 7 in the nation in offensive efficiency.

As you just saw, Yogi is as good as any pg in the country, hits 3s at a 40% plus clip, lightning quick first step to the basket, elite ballhandler, sees the floor well, plays good perimeter D, senior, he's the complete package.

Thomas Bryant is a stud inside which he showed in the last 10 minutes there.
And they're loaded with 3 pt shooters.

Troy Williams is jekyll/hyde with bad turnovers followed by spectacular plays.

i.e. they're a really good team that has a good chance to upset UNC if that matchup happens since UNC doesn't defend the 3 all that well, IU drains 3s at a high clip, today notwithstanding. And IU likes to run too. Would be a great track meet to watch.

Pray for Providence. You dont want a track meet with us. Im pretty sure Crean wouldnt even play it like that.

Virginia better be lucky they arent playing Villanova or Xavier
cause if Nova or X were playing like Butler it would be a different story.

I think the Big East is underrated, but they have to prove it first. They had a bad showing last year with only one team in the Sweet 16 and then none after that round.

Pray for Providence. You dont want a track meet with us. Im pretty sure Crean wouldnt even play it like that.

Yes Crean would.

North Carolina is 306th in the nation at shooting 3s - 31.5%.
IU is 5th in the nation at shooting 3s - 41.8%.

That's a huge discrepancy, more possessions means more chances for IU to run and shoot 3s in transition.

Brice Johnson is an absolute stud to deal with, and you've got an excellent team, but I guarantee you, IU will gladly play a track meet with Carolina.

Half court games against slow paced Wisky screw IU up more than anything this yr
(IU grinded out a 59-58 win in Bloomington, lost in overtime in Madison).

I think the Big East is underrated, but they have to prove it first. They had a bad showing last year with only one team in the Sweet 16 and then none after that round.
X and Nova I feel like will prove it this year and hopefully Providence can pull an upset. The Big East gets so much crap as being an "easy" confrence when in reality its home to 4 final four contenders every year.

X and Nova I feel like will prove it this year and hopefully Providence can pull an upset. The Big East gets so much crap as being an "easy" confrence when in reality its home to 4 final four contenders every year.

Wasn't that more true when the football playing schools were there? Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, etc? I feel like the Catholic 7 schools generally don't threaten as much outside of Nova and Georgetown historically. Much of the heavy lifting at least in the 2000s seemed to have been those football programs that later left.

That's not to say the current Big East isn't a great conference or anything. I just don't see the "Final 4 contenders every year" thing.

What kind of training does Gonzaga go through to not be affected by the altitude? Spokane isn't very high at all, but I've only seen other teams struggling with it so far.

Fake Coach K talked all that shit for his team to not show up

Q1OPc8h.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom