• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BRING DA PAIN!

My requests, don't want UNC as an 8/9 in our bracket. Would take New Mexico as a 2 on our side.

This is the least scariest "good" UNC team in a long time. They can get hot from outside but thats really all. Siva would eat System and Paige alive.

Best part of this tourney run? Thomas played like absolute shit and we still won it all.

Feels good knowing we can still win regardless of deshauns play.

devilhawk

A deceiving stat when you consider there was only one game between second and sixth. Also, and I know it doesn't make that much of a difference but your post is factually inaccurate, they lost in the quarterfinals (their second game) to the eventual tourney champ.

But yes, they are awful on the road, no doubt about that. It almost makes it worse that they were all close games. 5 of their road losses were by a combined 11 points, with 2 more in overtime. They had very late (like sub 2 minutes) leads in all of them. It has been a very heartbreaking season, let me have this! ;-)

Edit: Coincidentally (because I know everyone is so interested) 2 of their 3 double digit losses were without their two leading scorers, which factors into both BPI and KenPom rankings.
My apologies, I forgot the game against Texas A&M.

6th place is still 6th place. Road victories are just not there. I think that should severely hurt their seeding, not whether they get in.

TheNatural

My Member!
Crean lobbying for the Midwest 1 seed on CBS. Man, that's some grade-A bullshit if they get it.

They can have it. I rather be in DC, because that eliminates Georgetown as a 2 on that side since they can't play at home in their region. Not that they would match up 1-2's with conferences, but they may have no choice with ACC, BEAST, and Big Ten options limited.

W1SSY

Crean lobbying for the Midwest 1 seed on CBS. Man, that's some grade-A bullshit if they get it.

What do you expect him to do, go on and say they don't deserve it? Hell Baylor's coach was one ESPN earlier arguing there cause and saying they had quality road wins and SOS.

They can have it. I rather be in DC, because that eliminates Georgetown as a 2 on that side since they can't play at home in their region. Not that they would match up 1-2's with conferences, but they may have no choice with ACC, BEAST, and Big Ten options limited.

That rule is only in effect for the first 2 rounds, not sweet sixteen and beyond.

jerd

My apologies, I forgot the game against Texas A&M.

6th place is still 6th place. Road victories are just not there. I think that should severely hurt their seeding, not whether they get in.

I agree, and it is why I (even being the homer that I am) tell people to be very cautious when picking Mizzou games in the tourney. Their many blown late leads and close road losses shows a fundamental lack of mental toughness and finishing ability. If they don't win by double digits, they don't win.

Fjordson

What do you expect him to do, go on and say they don't deserve it? Hell Baylor's coach was one ESPN earlier arguing there cause and saying they had quality road wins and SOS.
Actually, I'd prefer something like what Pitino said last night. That they'd like it, but they'll be fine with any high seeding.

But my problem isn't really with Crean lobbying, just with the idea that the committee may actually give it to them.

Actually, I'd prefer something like what Pitino said last night. That they'd like it, but they'll be fine with any high seeding. He also said the reason he would want the midwest seed is so his kids would miss less school :lol

But my problem isn't really with Crean lobbying, just with the idea that the committee may actually give it to them.
If they hadn't laid that egg to Wisconsin, it'd be an easy sell.

As is, they're still a #1 seed, but it's an open question whether you put IU/Louisville/KU in the midwest. I think I'd go with Louisville based on how they finished the year.

TheNatural

My Member!
I still have bad memories of 2009 in Indy, overall #1, region finals and Goron Suton shooting out of his ass to beat us. Granted, this year is a different team, and we paid MSU back in kind last year, but I'm still wary of it.

These sites being seeded would be a hell of a lot easier if the NCAA just admitted to itself that the Far West is dog ass basketball and made Denver the furthest line West for the NCAA Tourney sites. Problem solved.

Fjordson

As is, they're still a #1 seed, but it's an open question whether you put IU or Louisville in the midwest. I think I'd go with Louisville based on how they finished the year.
I'm not saying they should drop in seeding, but I don't at all buy them as the overall #1. 2-2 over their last four games, 1-3 if Michigan doesn't choke at the FT line or miss that tip in at the rim.

Louisville meanwhile is on a 10 game winning streak, with the closest game in their last 5 being a 16 point win over #24 Notre Dame.

TheNatural

My Member!
Jamal Mashburn lobbying for UK to get in because of money:

“The one thing I've always said since I played professional basketball is I understand the business of basketball,” Mashburn said on Friday night. “If there's a toss-up between another mid-major and the University of Kentucky you have to take into account what they've done on the floor, but as you can see, with the SEC Tournament, UK fans travel, so I think that's going to be in consideration. It's not like they deserve any extra treatment than any other program but I do think the committee is going to look at the business side of it.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...siderations-could-factor-into-uks-tourney-bid

TheNatural

My Member!
And oh God, its that time of year for NBA guys who don't know shit about college basketball to talk.

Lets hear Barkley now, "Ima tell you somethin"

I still have bad memories of 2009 in Indy, overall #1, region finals and Goron Suton shooting out of his ass to beat us. Granted, this year is a different team, and we paid MSU back in kind last year, but I'm still wary of it.

These sites being seeded would be a hell of a lot easier if the NCAA just admitted to itself that the Far West is dog ass basketball and made Denver the furthest line West for the NCAA Tourney sites. Problem solved.
You aren't kidding. Looking at kenpom, the only teams west of Kansas that are worth anything are Gonzaga and New Mexico.
KuGsj.gif

Why does the Pac-12 still exist?
Ok, Arizona is #20.

g0est

I think the Mountain West was a better conference than the B1G, though only slightly. The Pac 12 thing was crazy though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
And oh God, its that time of year for NBA guys who don't know shit about college basketball to talk.

Lets hear Barkley now, "Ima tell you somethin"

Didn't Barkley predict the tourney correctly in 2011? I seem to remember everyone LOL'd his picks but he ended up being right. He is in love with the teams with the NBA caliber player, but he's been right too.

W1SSY

Didn't Barkley predict the tourney correctly in 2011? I seem to remember everyone LOL'd his picks but he ended up being right. He is in love with the teams with the NBA caliber player, but he's been right too.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
TV Analyst: Coach, you had a great year, but what teams do you not want to face in the tourney?

Coach: Well, we're a half court team so if we play a team like ABC State, they have the athletes to run us out of the fucking building. If I see them in our bracket, I'll know how many pairs of underwear to pack for the weekend.

What do they think these coaches are going to say? Here's the blueprint on how to beat us. Here is where we really suck ass.

TheNatural

My Member!

He picked UCONN? He shit all over the Big East that whole postseason, I don't remember if he did that. I just know after we got bounced early, him and Pitino were going at it in the studio about the Big East.

thefro

As is, they're still a #1 seed, but it's an open question whether you put IU/Louisville/KU in the midwest. I think I'd go with Louisville based on how they finished the year.

Kansas isn't in the discussion for that spot because Texas is closer for them than Indianapolis.

I don't think Louisville should get it just because Syracuse choked. They didn't even win their conference outright.

TheNatural

My Member!
Kansas isn't in the discussion for that spot because Texas is closer for them than Indianapolis.

I don't think Louisville should get it just because Syracuse choked. They didn't even win their conference outright.

Yeah Cuse choked, had nothing to do with us pouring it on them in the second half.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
These coach interviews are funny. Most guys are in an office or in a bar. Steve Alford is in the Pit with 10,000 fans.

Top Bottom