• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Kansas isn't in the discussion for that spot because Texas is closer for them than Indianapolis.

I don't think Louisville should get it just because Syracuse choked. They didn't even win their conference outright.
I don't think Indiana should get it just because Michigan choked.

Fjordson

Kansas isn't in the discussion for that spot because Texas is closer for them than Indianapolis.

I don't think Louisville should get it just because Syracuse choked. They didn't even win their conference outright.
But...you can say the same about Indiana beating Michigan. IU doesn't get the outright title if Michigan doesn't choke.

Though I'm not sure Syracuse choked. 44-16 run or whatever it was is domination and Louisville's been a top defensive team all year. Their pressure is what really changed the game.

Edit: beaten badly :p

Gorillaz

I'm hyped. Someone inject March directly into my veins year round.

image.php

Committee loves to eff with the mid-majors with the play-in games. Middle Tennessee VS St Mary's for an #11, while Oregon gets into the real first round as a #12?

Only way to read it is that Oregon was higher on the s-curve, and isn't a real #12. Which sounds about right, since that seed is way low.

Kevtones

Here's a weird stat:

Oregon was 3-0 vs. UW
#4 seed Saint Louis was 0-1 vs. UW

threeballin' rage

Oregon PLAYED their way into the tournament yesterday. I can't believe it. Colorado and California might not be getting in.

jjasper

Committee loves to eff over the mid-majors with the play-in games. Middle Tennessee VS St Mary's for an #11, while Oregon gets into the real first round as a #12?
Middle Tennessee being in is a joke so I really don't think they can bitch about being effed over.

TheNatural

My Member!
Committee loves to eff with the mid-majors with the play-in games. Middle Tennessee VS St Mary's for an #11, while Oregon gets into the real first round as a #12?

Only way to read it is that Oregon was higher on the s-curve, and isn't a real #12. Which sounds about right, since that seed is way low.

Oregon won the league dude, they're an auto bid. Auto bids don't play play-ins unless they're 16 seeds.

Top Bottom