• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

TheNatural

My Member!
Here comes the bitch made "I'm not gonna let you tie it" foul strategy. Damn, if there's one rule the NCAA should change, it's this. Or at least call it what it is: an intentional foul. Because that's what they always are.

lush

Oh Florida, same old soft ass Florida. Obviously it's all about matchups but no way they do anything in March.

Glad Andy Kennedy avoids getting fired with this automatic birth.

jjasper

Here comes the bitch made "I'm not gonna let you tie it" foul strategy. Damn, if there's one rule the NCAA should change, it's this. Or at least call it what it is: an intentional foul. Because that's what they always are.

Well are you going to start calling intentional fouls on teams when they are fouling when behind?

Letting a team from Mississippi win your conference...shameful.

They didn't win the conference. They won the league's tournament bid.

Oh Florida, same old soft ass Florida. Obviously it's all about matchups but no way they do anything in March.

Glad Andy Kennedy avoids getting fired with this automatic birth.

Yeah, I can't see Florida making another Elite Eight with their inconsistency.

Crisco

Banned
daubomb.gif

Fjordson

Aaron Gordon (top 5 recruit) announcing his decision at McDonald's All American game April 3rd.

Between Arizona, Washington, and UK. Most people see him staying on the west coast, but UK is the dark horse with Wiggins probably going to UNC or FSU.

Cubsfan23

Banned
It's pretty obvious Lundardi just gets info from committee sources

has duke at #1 yesterday, even after the kansas win, all of a sudden Kansas is #1 now. A bunch of other teams have randomly dropped or risen for no reason.

Miami's win is big. Their resume trumps Gonzaga imo, they won the reg season and conference tournament of a much better league. They beat MSU out of conference which is better than any win Gonzaga has.
They should be the 1 seed out West with Gonzaga the 2 seed.

Kansas will be the 1 seed in the South. Question comes where do they put Louisville and IU.

I think Louisville will be the number one overall seed, which they've earned, so geographically that means they get the Midwest Region (Indy). Indiana thus gets the East number one seed.

Could look something like this -
Midwest
1 - Louisville
2 - OSU
3 - Florida
4 - Saint Louis

West
1 - Miami
2 - Gonzaga
3 - New Mexico
4 - Michigan

East
1 - Indiana
2 - Duke
3 - Marquette (this is the real question mark....maybe Wisconsin gets a 3 if they win today, though theyd have to move the other 3 seeds around in that case to avoid Wisconsin and Indiana being in the same region)
4 - Syracuse/Kansas St (Lunardi has K State as a 3...that seems high based on the numbers but we'll see)

South
1 - Kansas
2 - Georgetown
3 - Michigan State
4 - Wisconsin

jerd

SEC is a shameful conference this year.

It's alright, UK will restore the natural balance of things next year.

With Mizzou pulling in at a respectable second place I hope.

It is only selection Sunday and I'm already depressed about the season ending. Probably because I don't think Mizzou will make it out of the first weekend.

Fjordson

Just saw on the Catspause boards that ESPN currently has Baylor in. Not sure how or why. No way Baylor should be in.

Haha, hey Mizzou could win it next year. I'm talking big now, but this year for UK showed that 5 star freshmen doesn't guarantee you shit. Hope our team next year will gel better since we could be starting 5 freshmen (which makes me really nervous).

Seth C

It is only selection Sunday and I'm already depressed about the season ending. Probably because I don't think Mizzou will make it out of the first weekend.

Honestly, not sure you deserve to be in the tournament at all. Should be sitting at home with us.

jerd

Haha, hey Mizzou could win it next year. I'm talking big now, but this year for UK showed that 5 star freshmen doesn't guarantee you shit. Hope our team next year will gel better since we could be starting 5 freshmen (which makes me really nervous).

I expect them to take a marginal step back next year, at least early, because they are losing all of their inside presence. They'll be extremely young in the post, and the post is where they have won games all year. I honestly think Frank Haith has the recruiting ability to bring in talent that can compete with UK, I just don't think he has the coaching ability right now.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, do you guys expect any of your main guys from this year to stick around for next year? Team could be nasty if so.

Honestly, not sure you deserve to be in the tournament at all. Should be sitting at home with us.

Nah we're a solid lock for an 8-9 seed. Wins over Florida, VCU, Illinois, 23-10 record, no RPI >100 losses (bad losses). Top 30 in most (every?) computer ranking.

Edit: 35 in RPI, 24 in BPI, 18 in KenPom

Top Bottom