• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

TheNatural

My Member!
Well, we're in the West.

What's our seed gonna be?

3 probably. You're going to be the click to pick with Zaga and New Mexico as likely 1 and 2. I can't believe they're basically seeding these teams to bracket though, just because it's the West region. Duke was way fucking better than New Mexico on the S curve IMO.

jjasper

Oh well hopefully Maymon comes back next year healthy. Really don't agree with those teams above us in the play in games but really what can you do? Shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

thefro

I like the road Indiana has.
Now just time to find out if the Zags get a #1 or OSU.

I do too... Miami will be a tough matchup for us but I'd rather play them than some of the other 2s.

We'd match up well with UNLV or Syracuse, I think.

jjasper

Seth Davis's argument is flawed since we played a better OOC than all the play in teams in. Had more top 50 wins than MTSU and St. Mary's combined.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think the toughest potential matchup for us is whoever we could face in the Elite 8. Either Duke, or Michigan State - who will bring fans to Indy once again.

If we can get past that game, I think we win the championship. Having already played Mizzou is huge, and Pitino preps like a mother fucker for the Sweet 16.

Out of the 21 DI college institutions that play NCAA basketball in the state of Texas, none of them made it in this years NCAA tournament. First time that has happened since 1977 when brackets were only 32 teams. Guess our state should stick to football.

I think the toughest potential matchup for us is whoever we could face in the Elite 8. Either Duke, or Michigan State - who will bring fans to Indy once again.

If we can get past that game, I think we win the championship. Having already played Mizzou is huge, and Pitino preps like a mother fucker for the Sweet 16.
Yeah... I feel like the first 2 weekends are always a total crapshoot. Then in the final four the best team there usually wins.

Kevtones

Gottlieb doing work for Oregon. Thank you.

And FUCK YOU NCAA.

Mountain West Conference > Pac-12? Damn they are down. So far the Pac-12 already has 3 teams in so they're doing better than last year

Pac 12 teams in the NCAA vs. MWC

Oregon beat UNLV
Oregon beat Nevada
UCLA lost to SDSU
UCLA beat Fresno St.
Arizona beat SDSU
Cal lost to UNLV
Colorado beat Air Force
Colorado lost to Wyoming
Colorado beat Fresno State
Colorado beat Colorado State

7-3

Pac 12 teams not in NCAA vs. MWC

Utah beat Boise State
Utah lost to BYU
WSU beat Fresno State
UW lost to Colorado State
UW lost to Nevada
USC lost to UNM
USC lost to SDSU

2-5

9-8 vs. the MWC

jjasper

This argument from the committee basically shits in the face of OOC. Play a bunch of shit teams on the road is the way to go.

Surge

I really have no idea who I'm picking to win the NC this season.

My picks should be fucked by the second weekend as usual though lol

The committee basically laid out the red carpet for Miami to get to the Elite 8. I'm sure they'll take being a 2 when they have this bracket. Especially when the alternative was probably going out to Cali for the regionals.

And the committee seems to favor wins over anybody on the road over good wins at home or neutral courts.

jjasper

Also this year apparently head to head matter. They really need to get this shit standardized instead of changing each new committee head.

Top Bottom