• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Duke has a lacrosse team, and they're actually going to a bowl in football this year.

You guys beyond football, you have baseball , then what?

Then again, I go to a school where the top sport is bass fishing, so I can't say much yet.

Basketball, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, etc

KingGondo

Banned
Duke has a lacrosse team, and they're actually going to a bowl in football this year.

You guys beyond football, you have baseball , then what?

Then again, I go to a school where the top sport is bass fishing, so I can't say much yet.
Yeah, Ohio State is not the school to criticize for their overall athletic program. They're good in almost everything.

Bowser

UNC's not bad as an all-around sports school either. Decent football team (Fedora should finish with 8 wins this year), great soccer programs, men's lacrosse, men's baseball, women's basketball was pretty good for a few years and just hauled in the #1 class, etc.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The only sport that Duke has really sucked at has been football, and now WE"RE AVERAGE YOU FUCKERS!!!!!! Actually I think they suck in baseball too, but nobody cares. Most of the olympic sports, Duke is fairly competitive

Texas has good baseball, track, swimming, golf etc.

But right now the basketball team fucking blows. Ugh

I was hoping someone would step up to fill the J'Covan scoring void, but thus far no one has. I know Kabongo and Bond are desperately missed, but Kabongo's strength is in assists and Bond is another strong post player. I just don't see us finishing above a .500 record in conference play.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was hoping someone would step up to fill the J'Covan scoring void, but thus far no one has. I know Kabongo and Bond are desperately missed, but Kabongo's strength is in assists and Bond is another strong post player. I just don't see us finishing above a .500 record in conference play.

Sounds like Kabongo is exactly what you need if you don't have anyone who is good at creating their own shots.

DominoKid

roy's an asshole lmao. pretty sure he didnt even take a TO that half. its odd how i've come to love his "sink or swim" games.

Felix will be a serviceable back up to Kabongo, but he's way too slow and unathletic to get serious minutes.

He's damn buff though, but yeah a bit slow. Given his poor shooting touch, he's like a slow Douge Balbay

No shame in losing to an elite Big East program like Boise St.

It's November. Seems like Izzo's teams always start slow.

I'm watching on the B1G network right now. Boise just seems to be playing really well today. I imagine they will crater in these last 5 minutes

ipQyqsIGka1MJ.gif

"Taylor shot 52-for-108 from the floor"

108 shot attempts? In a 40 minute game? What was this, the NBA All Star game? No defense allowed? A kid on the other team even scored 70.

Dude jacked up 71 three point attempts. That's almost 2 per minute. Almost 3 shots overall per minute. Keep in mind, the other team has the ball, too. Other people on his own team did, in fact, score. So let's say possessions were probably running somewhere in the 8-10 second range. All game long.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Some day I'm gonna have to go watch Grinnell when they play at Illinois College.

108 shot attempts? In a 40 minute game? What was this, the NBA All Star game? No defense allowed? A kid on the other team even scored 70.

Grinnell's whole offense basically consists of racing down the court to get as many shots up as possible. They play almost no defense. They just try to outscore you with shot volume.

Some day I'm gonna have to go watch Grinnell when they play at Illinois College.

Grinnell's whole offense basically consists of racing down the court to get as many shots up as possible. They play almost no defense. They just try to outscore you with shot volume.

Work a deal out with the other team to conserve energy. You guys stay down on your offensive end, we'll stay on ours. 2 shot attempts to make it, then toss it back down to the other team. There will be cake and punch after the game.

Yeah, based on what I remember (I think I saw some highlights at some point as well showing off their scheme), it's basically:

1) get everyone to the 3 point line.
2) Jack up 3s.
3) Repeat.

DominoKid

Dude jacked up 71 three point attempts. That's almost 2 per minute. Almost 3 shots overall per minute. Keep in mind, the other team has the ball, too. Other people on his own team did, in fact, score. So let's say possessions were probably running somewhere in the 8-10 second range. All game long.

shooting that much is tiring as hell too.

Seems like everyone is underestimating Arizona. They are stacked; big, long, talented, and deep. Brandon Ashley is looking like another Dwill in the making.

Also, watching the Indiana/Georgetown game. 1) The nickname given to Zeller, the "big handsome" is so unfitting its not even funny. The guy is hideous. 2) Their fans are extremely annoying.

Seems like everyone is underestimating Arizona. They are stacked; big, long, talented, and deep. Brandon Ashley is looking like another Dwill in the making.

Also, watching the Indiana/Georgetown game. 1) The nickname given to Zeller, the "big handsome" is so unfitting its not even funny. The guy is hideous. 2) Their fans are extremely annoying.
Preach it, brother.

Silkworm

So is Grinnell the equivalent to Loyola Marymount of the 1989-1990 era? What an offense but no real defense. Damn you UNLV from stopping the dream of winning it all in honor/memory of fallen Hank Gathers. :-(

So is Grinnell the equivalent to Loyola Marymount of the 1989-1990 era? What an offense but no real defense. Damn you UNLV from stopping the dream of winning it all in honor/memory of fallen Hank Gathers. :-(
Yeah, they run the same scheme, or at least following the same idea.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Yeah they will let you have a lay up just to get the ball back so they can take another 3.

Top Bottom