• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It got called against Purdue. They reviewed it and the other team got two free throws then the ball. 10 seconds later it got called against UNC-W. And they had to review it again etc. Stupid rule.

Yeah its stupid. If you are gonna put your face in the space the defenders needs to clear the ball through you deserve to get clipped. **COUGHCHRISKRAMERCOUGH**

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I expect a tough game from Minny tomorrow. Can never tell how those early season games go. Given how the ACC has shat the bed so far, I would not be surprised if we lost.

I expect a tough game from Minny tomorrow. Can never tell how those early season games go. Given how the ACC has shat the bed so far, I would not be surprised if we lost.

GOPHERS ARE GONNA WIN. GOPHERS ARE GONNA WIN.
It's Joe Coleman's fault if the Gophers lose

jakncoke

Banned
Are you ready jakncoke?!?!?!?!?! Good luck.

Okay_face.jpg

Illini need to do more of this newfangled "dribble drive" thing.

I mention this because with a new coach, I think it's plausible we might actually try it once or twice.

DominoKid

smh.
all we had to do was show up against butler.
oh well. brace for IU.

illinois will be alright. groce's in a good place. im assuming he's repairing the chicago connection?
i'd always heard chicago ballers didnt fuck with illinois lately.

smh.
all we had to do was show up against butler.
oh well. brace for IU.

illinois will be alright. groce's in a good place. im assuming he's repairing the chicago connection?
i'd always heard chicago ballers didnt fuck with illinois lately.
He's working on it. The elite talent from Chicago will probably go elsewhere for a while still (because we're not at that level right now), but we seem to be back on the roadmap for "top 50" type players. That's a lot more than you could say under Weber.

The bigger thing about replacing Weber is that the guy had no idea how to assemble a team, and he had even less of an idea how to lead one. His good teams were player personality driven. Without a Deron Williams or Dee Brown (or Chet Frazier) leading, they were completely lost. Didn't matter what kind of talent was on the roster.

Groce OTOH looks legit so far. Though, we'll see how he keeps the ship sailing when we suffer our first 3+ game losing streak in B1G play....

Top Bottom