• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

jayhawker

Kansas has looked much better offensively the last couple games. I feel confident in upgrading Withey's ridiculously bad offensive footwork to simply "bad," Releford has rediscovered his jumpshot, our guards are feeding the post rather than the 3rd row, and the addition of Kevin Young has resulted in some awesome big-to-big passing.

Still some stretches of offensive putrid-ness when we have certain groups of personnel on the floor, but I can already see the team coming together, and our defense has remained very strong.

Time to watch the Indiana Gtown game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I like Vitale. You know it is time for NCAA basketball when he is the announcer.

Time to change the channel. I just hope to god he doesn't do many Michigan games this year. But it seems like the alternative is going to be Bruce Pearl so thats not much better.

Nesotenso

Time to change the channel. I just hope to god he doesn't do many Michigan games this year. But it seems like the alternative is going to be Bruce Pearl so thats not much better.

I got used to him. Yeah he loves Duke a bit too much but I can deal with the ridiculousness. Saw Pearl in the studio but I didn't know he was going to be announcing as well.

It's such a shame, a black eye for the college game, when a team like Maryland would leave the ACC. Lenny Elmore! Lefty Driesell! Say it ain't so! You think of NC State versus Maryland in 1974, the UCLA of the east. You think of all those matchups between Duke and Maryland in the 2000s that were instant classics. You think Lenny Bias, Joe Smith, Juan Dixon. The 2002 National Championship for Gary Williams, and they're leaving. But you know what that means. More time for Duke UNC, baby!

DominoKid

It's such a shame, a black eye for the college game, when a team like Maryland would leave the ACC. Lenny Elmore! Lefty Driesell! Say it ain't so! You think of NC State versus Maryland in 1974, the UCLA of the east. You think of all those matchups between Duke and Maryland in the 2000s that were instant classics. You think Lenny Bias, Joe Smith, Juan Dixon. The 2002 National Championship for Gary Williams, and they're leaving. But you know what that means. More time for Duke UNC, baby!

...is it sad that i'm 50/50 on whether its a parody or real?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My revised Big Ten power rankings.

1. Indiana
2. Michigan
3. Ohio St
4. Michigan State
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Wisconsin
8. Northwestern
9. Iowa
10. Purdue
11. Nebraska
12. Penn St

My revised Big Ten power rankings.

1. Indiana
2. Michigan
3. Ohio St
4. Michigan State
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Wisconsin
8. Northwestern
9. Iowa
10. Purdue
11. Nebraska
12. Penn St
Movin' on up!

From a sports standpoint, Rutgers is going to be such a drag on the conference

The changing landscape of collegiate athletics has lowered the amount of fucks that I have available to give.

This. In the last decade, as more have joined the ACC and, in my opinion, diluted the brand (the basketball brand, the only one I care about), nuked the home-and-away with Duke, etc. I've watched less and less college sports (not just other teams, but my team as well). Also given a lot less to support them (down to none the last several years). This isn't the league I knew, I get that, and I understand it. But it isn't for me. I'll derive some enjoyment out of seeing how it all shakes out but that's mostly it. I will watch my alma mater on occasion wherever they end up, but beyond that I just don't care much anymore.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
For some reason I think Iowa is going to be good.

This year in the Big Ten 9th is still going to be pretty good I think. It won't take much for them to pass NW who once again is playing a joke of a non-con schedule.

Heck it could even happen tonight if Iowa looks good against Wichita St.

If Iowa finished 4th in the conference I would not be shocked although I probably wouldn't bet on it. I don't trust Minnesota or Wisconsin this season.

Watching Purdue right now. Lots of talented freshmen but they are all similar players and none of them can shoot. Bricklayers. No star go-to player.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
No I'm definitely not sold on Wisconsin either. The fact that Gasser beat out Marshall and Jackson for the PG spot tells me Bo was very unimpressed with those two. I don't think they were going to be that great before he got hurt. Now they could end up down there with Purdue. Sam Dekkar is going to need to have a huge freshman year. Which would be rare for a Wiscy frosh.

Minnesota I think is pretty legit this year though.

Fjordson

Kentucky picked it up towards the end, but man. Far from a great showing. Our rebounding and defense can still be god awful at times.

Top Bottom