• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Normally I'd root hard for Northern Iowa but I kind of want Louisville to win this one. I don't think Michigan needs to move up anymore. But I hope the Panthers make them sweat.

I'm one of 5 people with NBC Sports Network (thanks to having to get extra channels to watch a couple of the football games this year), so I'm watching the Battle 4 Atlantis.

VCU definitely put in work tonight.

We need so much work offensively...but damn, our D is looking fantastic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm one of 5 people with NBC Sports Network (thanks to having to get extra channels to watch a couple of the football games this year), so I'm watching the Battle 4 Atlantis.

VCU definitely put in work tonight.

We need so much work offensively...but damn, our D is looking fantastic.

I'm witching back and fourth between your game and Drake/Cal.

I'm on vacation. I've done nothing but lay around and watch college basketball all week.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
UNC Ahseville was beating NCSU in the second half? Doubt it will last but if it does State is the biggest fraud top 10 EVER

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If Donny Marshall were to get eaten by a shark while in Nassau I'd be okay with that. Even Len Elmore is shaking his head.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Don't watch any Duke games, I see.

Of course we get all the calls! Duke is part of the ESPN, NCAA, Illuminati conspiracy! Why wouldn't we get all the calls? Actually I'm talking about the commentating, the refs have been a lot of contact go on both sides. I'd be embarrassed for the color guys even if it was UNC playing.

Of course we get all the calls! Duke is part of the ESPN, NCAA, Illuminati conspiracy! Why wouldn't we get all the calls? Actually I'm talking about the commentating, the refs have been a lot of contact go on both sides. I'd be embarrassed for the color guys even if it was UNC playing.

LOL, I was joking, but I was also talking about the commentating. Dukie V, ACCSPN, etc.

Way to pull out a win against a good team.

Team looks gassed either way

I agree. They look like they'll be very vulnerable tomorrow no matter who they face.

Tbh, I'm kinda surprised that Curry even played today. the coaching staff doesn't look too worried about him playing three days in a row on his...whatever his injury is.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
LOL, I was joking, but I was also talking about the commentating. Dukie V, ACCSPN, etc.

Please name me one announcer other than Vitale who's in the tank for us. Have you ever heard Mike Patrick and Len Elmore call our games? Jimmy Dykes? For a network so in our corner, they have a lot of fun painting us as the cheapest and cheatingest players on the court. Name me any other sports team thats had a poll on the front page of their website for that teams most hated player.

ESPN loves our games because of ratings but they absolutely pander to the masses.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
They do like to play both sides.

I don't like sounding like I'm trying to paint Duke as some poor victim, they're not. But for every analyst, announcer, color guy, beat writer that seems to like us, there are 4-5 more praying for Duke to fail, especially K.

This game was really awful though. Any foul "DUKE FLOPS" any call Seth Curry was involved in "I wonder if his dad taught him to flop" Plays where there was no charge taken "LOL WHAT A BUNCH OF FLOPPERS" Its like he was promoting that notion that Duke is a bunch of cheating floppers, just in case any impressionable recruits we watching. Either way, if I'm Kevin White, I'm on the phone with NBC and that dude never calls our games again.

alstein

UNC Ahseville was beating NCSU in the second half? Doubt it will last but if it does State is the biggest fraud top 10 EVER

It didn't last, apparently State was turning the ball over while Asheville was hitting everything from three.

State needs to figure it out fast or they will be frauds. Maybe they miss Painter more than people thought.

OK. Mason Plumlee is beasting this year. It took 2* Plumlees and 8 seasons of combined eligibility, but finally, there is a Plumlee showing some consistency for Duke. Finally.

*MP3 has yet to take the court for Duke, so he still doesn't count.

This game was really awful though. Any foul "DUKE FLOPS" any call Seth Curry was involved in "I wonder if his dad taught him to flop" Plays where there was no charge taken "LOL WHAT A BUNCH OF FLOPPERS" Its like he was promoting that notion that Duke is a bunch of cheating floppers, just in case any impressionable recruits we watching. Either way, if I'm Kevin White, I'm on the phone with NBC and that dude never calls our games again.

Yeah, all the "flop" talk was kind of ridiculous. We get it, Duke draws a lot of charges. They step in, take the contact, and go to the ground. But I'll humbly reject that those are flops. They generally absorb a lot of contact. People might not like the technique, might think it is cheap, might think it does not reward athleticism, but they're going to have to get over it. It's not like this is new. Coach K has had his team drawing charges for 30 years. Pull up jumpers, learn to use them.

Fjordson

Duke's charge calls are never all flops, that's silly hyperbole, but they sure as hell aren't all charges :lol

Still, Duke is hardly the only team in the world to do that.

DominoKid

It didn't last, apparently State was turning the ball over while Asheville was hitting everything from three.

State needs to figure it out fast or they will be frauds. Maybe they miss Painter more than people thought.

Chemistry problems.
New guys vs old guys.
Seen it a million times.

Fjordson

Looking at the Louisville - Mizzou box score, Russ Smith had six steals! I knew he had at least a few, but damn.

Getting worried about Kentucky's chances for their game in December. Especially if we're still short at point and Ryan Harrow hasn't worked out whatever it is he's dealing with by then.

Fjordson

Don't bet on harrow. Even if he gets it together mentally (doubt it) he's still a terrible PG.
okay.jpg

Harrison twins a year too late =[

Top Bottom