• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

DominoKid

Adrian Atkinson ‏@FreeportKid
Bullock-Hairston-McAdoo were on the court together for just 7 minutes vs. Miami--UNC led 12-11 in that time (and lost 76-49 in the other 33)

just wow.

Is there a UofL equivalent of catspause.gif? I'm so used to other fans tasting bitter wildcat tears that I'd like to see what the mood is around the dirty birds.

catspause.gif? what's that?

i love this l'ville related gif though. gotten a ton of mileage out of it
i9alcv1rmDNCh.gif

jakncoke

Banned
For whatever reason i just looked through wiki page for last years disaster of team, Then i got to CBI results and they have attendance listed, holy people really dont care about that tourney.

vs. Wofford 1,449
vs. Princeton 2,001
at. Butler 3,754
at washington st 4,226
vs. washington st 3,349
vbs washington st 3,849

So In the finals clincher we couldnt ever get 5k ? jeebus

W1SSY

Holy shit that reverse layup was pretty. I didn't think Oladipo was going to make it. And then that dunk, Oladiculous.

W1SSY

Oladipo and Zeller are killing us. Not looking good for OSU right now.
Oladipo, Zeller, and Watford all in double figures. Hulls is the only other guy to score for IU. I thought Indiana did good slowing Thomas but he still has 13.

Also Doug Gottlieb always down on Indiana, nothing new.

george_us

LaQuinton Ross needs to start for Sam Thompson from here on out. Q looked great in the minutes he got while Thompson missed two easy lobs. Craft looked good. Williams looked good in the limited minutes he got. McDonald needs to see Ravenel's minutes. He didn't look all that great either but at least he has the excuse of not having a lot of playing time. Ravenel was useless both ways this game. It looked like Lenzelle Smith was going to take over the game but then he disappeared. DT struggled yet still had damn near 30 pts and was probably our second best player behind Craft.

This IU team is basically a spitting image of the '10-'11 Buckeyes.
Which is why, depending on their bracket, I honestly don't believe they'll make it out of the Sweet 16. I still think IU is too reliant on jump shots and shoddy reffing.

W1SSY

Another solid game by IU. Watford, Zeller, and Oladipo doing most of the work. If this team could play up to their potential this team would be unstoppable but they just haven't developed the killer instinct.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
this team has severe problems. The only way you job to BC is to play like you just don't fucking care. And thats happened a lot this season, not just Miami. I'm still floored that Ryan Kelly was the key to this season. Someone get him some deer antler spray

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Court rush time. I'm going to start a contest with TheNatural to see who can be more negative when their team inexplicably shits the bed.

Curry and Mason (especially Mason, given the double and triple teams he was facing) played big. Everybody else just played. I noticed Amile Jefferson didn't get a lot of run in the second half. Duke pulled one out when it looked like it was definitely going the other way with BC up 5 with 2 minutes to play.

Crisco

Banned
Also, Richard Howell deserves some serious consideration for ACC POY. His scoring numbers are holding him back, but he's only our 3rd or 4th option. Dude has been an absolute beast this season and his improvement throughout his career has been nothing short of remarkable. 2 years ago he was a fat dump who couldn't dunk, and he's transformed into a double/double machine with a pretty versatile offensive game.

Also, Richard Howell deserves some serious consideration for ACC POY. His scoring numbers are holding him back, but he's only our 3rd or 4th option. Dude has been an absolute beast this season and his improvement throughout his career has been nothing short of remarkable. 2 years ago he was a fat dump who couldn't dunk, and he's transformed into a double/double machine with a pretty versatile offensive game.

I've only watched him play twice this season, but if he was measured by his performance in the Duke games, he'd be an All American.

DominoKid

don't bother. Plumlee 2 had it locked up since day 1.

Crisco

Banned
Hell, if that last second shot by Wood didn't fall today, NC State would be on bubble watch for the rest of the season. Now we can probably play our way into a 5 seed, maybe a 4 if we make a run in the ACC tournament.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yup, them and NCSU are in the same boat.

It depends on how NCSU finishes the season. Illinois should be ranked and if they remain so will probably be a 6-7th seed.

I think Howell has played himself into the 1st round, and I think number one should maybe be Miami, but will prolly be UF? IU? Please not Duke

alstein

It depends on how NCSU finishes the season. Illinois should be ranked and if they remain so will probably be a 6-7th seed.

I think Howell has played himself into the 1st round, and I think number one should maybe be Miami, but will prolly be UF? IU? Please not Duke

State could run off some wins, the rest of their schedule is pretty manageable, if they weren't State. I do think Clemson is just well suited to playing State- they pack in it well and have shot blockers.

Howell's going to have a long career in the NBA as a rebound guy off the bench who can shoot a little.

DominoKid

Chris Freet ‏@ChrisFreet BREAKING: @CanesHoops will get their 1st ever #1 vote in AP Poll from RT @JJohnstonTBO The deed is done. My AP poll: 1. Miami, 2. Indiana

well done miami.

Chris Freet ‏@ChrisFreet BREAKING: @CanesHoops will get their 1st ever #1 vote in AP Poll from RT @JJohnstonTBO The deed is done. My AP poll: 1. Miami, 2. Indiana

well done miami.

Yup, major props to Miami. They're doing what State should be doing, winning games they should win handily. Sure do wish State could've pulled off the win last week.

Fjordson

Poor Rick. Russ Smith is going to give him an ulcer.

Also, I feel like Dieng needs to fix his slippery hands. I forget which overtime it was, but Siva put what looked like a pretty nice pass right at him and he just fumbled it. Same thing at the end of the Syracuse game. Gotta catch that shit.

Bowser

Roy Williams was asked during his ACC teleconference on Monday about what the starting five has done to make him believe they're the best starting group for him.

His response: “Well, they’re the five best. They’ve won the job in practice. Period. The end. There’s no question they’ve won the job in practice."

zqQLl.gif

Top Bottom