• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Pollux

god fucking damnit. noel down. and screaming.

this doesn't look good.

edit: on a side note, this team is absolutely garbage. Goodwin is one of the most selfish players I've ever seen. The only player on this team that should even think of going to the NBA is Noel.

iamblades

goddamnit we are cursed this season.

I hope to god that's just a bad sprain and doesn't hurt his draft position, but the way it twisted did not look good. WTF is that stupid knee high box around the goal post there for anyway? Fucking stupid safety design.

W1SSY

How pissed would Indiana be to get Kentucky in the second* round?

*using a zero based index as i refuse to call the play in games the first round

Why pissed? If anything excited after all the drama this year of not playing each other. I would love to see Indiana and Kentucky play in March Madness because they in no way would overlook them and therefore play as hard as possible to win the game. That would most likely lead to them dominating Kentucky because Kentucky isn't that good this year.

Fjordson

I don't want to call the season. Not even for UK's sake, but for Noel's draft stock I hope he comes back. Have a ton of respect for that kid as a player.

Really a depressing night. I can deal with losing to a better team, but Noel getting hurt is rough.

Props to the Gators. Classy fans and a really good team.

I don't want to call the season. Not even for UK's sake, but for Noel's draft stock I hope he comes back. Have a ton of respect for that kid as a player.

Really a depressing night. I can deal with losing to a better team, but Noel getting hurt is rough.

Props to the Gators. Classy fans and a really good team.

Na-na, na-na-na-na, hey hey hey, go-od-bye!

Fjordson

Na-na, na-na-na-na, hey hey hey, go-od-bye!
Haha, eh, I don't have a problem with them cheering that. We beat them by 20 in Gainesville last year, so they were amped for tonight.

And it's not like Noel going out sort of opened the door for them. They had control of the game after about 10 minutes in the first half.

iamblades

Sounds like a dislocated knee for Noel. Hopefully he didn't tear anything and can get healthy for his well deserved #1 draft pick selection.

Fjordson

Sounds like a dislocated knee for Noel. Hopefully he didn't tear anything and can get healthy for his well deserved #1 draft pick selection.
Agreed. He's a special player I think.

If he didn't tear anything then that seems really lucky. With how ugly it looked on TV I was sure it was all torn up. Looked as bad as Robert Griffin's injury in the playoffs (blew up his LCL and ACL).

iamblades

Agreed. He's a special player I think.

If he didn't tear anything then that seems really lucky. With how ugly it looked on TV I was sure it was all torn up. Looked as bad as Robert Griffin's injury in the playoffs (blew up his LCL and ACL).

Yeah it doesn't look good, but some people with looser ligaments can dislocate joints without tearing that much. That's all I'm hoping for.

Dislocations are scary though because ligaments aren't the only thing you can tear, you can easily tear arteries as well, and that can be life threatening..

Fjordson

Yeah it doesn't look good, but some people with looser ligaments can dislocate joints without tearing that much. That's all I'm hoping for.

Dislocations are scary though because ligaments aren't the only thing you can tear, you can easily tear arteries as well, and that can be life threatening..
Man. Definitely hope he pulls through okay.

Tiny consolation is that he's at Shands hospital nearby. My grandmother went there for cancer treatment about five years ago and it's a world class facility with a great staff. He's in good hands there.

W1SSY

I still want my fucking Indiana win. That game was bullshit.

You guys get another shot in 7 days. Looking at MSU's schedule at the end is like murderers' row. You get it easy next game with Nebraska but then its Indiana, @OSU, @UM, and then Wisconsin.

Fjordson

Warning, do NOT watch this is you are squeamish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jRpZycE6EQI

After seeing this angle I don't see how anything in that knee is intact. He pulls his leg back and the bottom part just doesn't move at all, like nothing was connecting the two parts.

Makes me want to cry, He tries to set an example about not quitting on the play and that's what happens to him.
Holy shit...can't imagine how painful that was.

iamblades

I still don't see what purpose that stupid knee high box around the supports is supposed to do, those things need a serious redesign to prevent shit like this from happening. Every arena should go to the NBA type ones that are flush with and taper into the basket support instead of having a ledge to get caught up on.

Warning, do NOT watch this is you are squeamish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jRpZycE6EQI

After seeing this angle I don't see how anything in that knee is intact. He pulls his leg back and the bottom part just doesn't move at all, like nothing was connecting the two parts.

Makes me want to cry, He tries to set an example about not quitting on the play and that's what happens to him.
Ugh.

Just -- damn. Yeah, that basket base is horrible, and needs to go ASAP. Hopefully they can put the dude's knee back together.

Bowser

Getting blown out should get you eliminated from a #1 seed. Losing happens. Getting stomped on shouldn't.

Meh, Carolina got pasted by 33 @FSU last year and were a #1 seed, Elite 8, probably a Kendall Marshall fractured elbow away from the Final Four.

TheNatural

My Member!
Sucks for UK that Noel got hurt, but it happens to us on a semi annual basis, about twice a year.

For UK, significant injuries happen about twice a decade. I think the last meaningful injury was Meeks in Gillepsie's last year. Must be nice.

Jon Hood and Sam Malone both tore their ACL last year and no one cared. This is totally different. This is a kid who played hard all year and was on his way to breaking some records and was a few months away from being the #1 pick in the NBA draft and now it's all uncertain at best.

Top Bottom