• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

I feel we can make some noise again this tournament. Going to be a much more up tempo team than in previous years. If we can get production out of the 3 spot were golden. Thomas can kill you from anywhere on the floor, best defender in the country with craft, and got a pretty good stable of bigs we can rotate through.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan starts off the season with D2 Slippery Rock. They do have a 26 point win over Navy.......but Navy does suck.

mbmonk

Is Maryland supposed to be any good? They're usually at least somewhat decent

That is a really good question, and I have no idea. I would probably nervous if I wasn't completely ignorant about Maryland. I think they lost their top scorer from last year, but they have some good veterans and a good big man?

Come on ACC fans... give up the goods!

TheNatural

My Member!
Dez Wells thing turned out great for Maryland, extremely unlucky for Louisville. U of L had the lead on the guy, but could only offer a walk on position, because Pitino signed this project 7 footer who turned out to be ineligible for this season anyway. Then of course, Marra tears his ACL - again - and his career is over.

Crazy we could have been that much more stacked with this guy in the fold. But then again, I didn't want to hear the crap all year about what a thug he is for that Xavier-Cincy brawl he was in last season.

TheNatural

My Member!
Marra tore his ACL??? Fuck, I didn't know that. What a shame.

Yup, his playing career is basically over, said he's going into coaching now because he doesn't want to fuck up his knee yet again. Very first day back in practice, tore it again. Pitino said Bellarmine, basically U of L's minor league team at this point, would take him if he wanted another year next season, but doesn't sound like he wants it.

Silkworm

I just hope we make the tourney. Baby steps. Going from NIT YEAH BABY to actually making the tournament consistently would be a good step.

Hey, they were in the Elite 8 the past two years. I think Gator fans can hope for more than just making the round of 65 ;-) Still I'm not going to get my hopes up too high. Sometimes crazy things happen in the tournament.

Now it's true that things are starting off a bit rough. Cody Larson left the team to try his luck elsewhere, Prather has suffered two concussions in practice and we'll have to see how that works itself out, and Wilbekin just got in the doghouse with Billy so he's on indefinite suspension. The team still has lots of talent and the freshmen at least in the first exhibition game made a significant contribution so I think they'll be okay for the time being. At least all this stuff is happening at the beginning of the season and not in crunch time in the meat of the SEC schedule.

Should be a fun game tonight for the Gators vs. Hoyas though it may end up being a sloppy one without Wilbekin to run the point.

jakncoke

Banned
On the radio they were stating how this particular aircraft is much closer to the water and how its 50 degrees and 90% humidity

Top Bottom