• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Vyrance

That was a great game between Indiana/MSU last night, and a great win for Indiana. Was really expecting MSU to come out on top prior to tip-off.

Glad my Canes were able to win another close game, even though their play has been sketchy the past week.

Fjordson

Stupid PS4 event crashing GAF :lol

UK looking much better against Vandy offensively, but our defense is really lacking without Noel. Only up by single digits at home against a bad Vandy team because of it =[

The offense is promising, though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So I haven't seen KState this year.

Is this another Illinois situation with Bruce Weber where he walked into a bunch of back court talent? He obviously got a ton out of DWill, Head and Dee because he's great at developing guards. He just can't recruit a decent guard himself.

Pretty much. There was a recent article about how Bruce tried to throw one of his famous practice tantrums and MacGruder wouldn't let him have the ball to kick across the court.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/76418/kansas-state-gets-back-on-track

Fjordson

Kansas players are annoying as fuck. Especially that kid with the shitty afro. Will be salty if they get Randle instead of us.

Anyways, not a bad win for Kentucky. Though we really should have beat Vandy by more. Our defense is atrocious at times without Noel. But a much better effort overall than against the Vols.

BMac is not big time, just standing in the corner that last possession. This guy is supposed to be a number 1 pick?

World of difference between him and Smart his game.

Fjordson

BMac is not big time, just standing in the corner that last possession. This guy is supposed to be a number 1 pick?

World of difference between him and Smart his game.
Yeah. He also gives the ball up really, really quick sometimes on regular possessions, it's weird. Not nearly aggressive enough.

Can see him being great eventually, though. Has such a nice jumper.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How many times are the officials going to huddle around the monitor. Half a second isn't going to matter here. STOP IT.

KingGondo

Banned
yeah i can understand you being upset

They don't call it both ways... horrible fouls this entire game on both sides. Higgins is horrible.
All I want is some consistency. So many ticky-tack fouls, Cobbins fouls out jockeying for position off the ball, Smart fouls out on a weak charge call...

I also hate hero refs who rush in from way further away to make calls on possession. Just terrible.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Colorado St and UNLV are playing a close one on CBSSN. Not sure who I want to win this. If UNLV wins, UNM has the MWC on lock. If CSU wins, it's a chance for UNM to get another big road win on Saturday.

Bowser

Colorado St and UNLV are playing a close one on CBSSN. Not sure who I want to win this. If UNLV wins, UNM has the MWC on lock. If CSU wins, it's a chance for UNM to get another big road win on Saturday.

From UNC's perspective, we need UNLV to win. They are pretty much our only "real" win

CronoShot

KU fan here. That was one fugly game. Refs were terrible too, on both ends.

Too bad Okie State falls to third place (or second I guess) though. They're better than K-State.

And I cannot believe Tharpe actually won the game for us. I had been yelling at him all night to stop shooting, lol.

devilhawk

The fact that in two games against Kansas Oklahoma State has not been called for a moving screen is a testament to college refs.

Young being slapped ten times until he was stripped without a foul - immediately followed by Withey being bailed out with an away from the ball foul is an unbiased reason the refs suck.

That Forte dude who kicks his legs out and falls over after EVERY shot is a disgrace. No way to play basketball.

Hawks win. Win in Ames and the Big XII is ours.

Fjordson

Remember Nix randomly wacking Zeller below the belt for no reason last night? I knew it seemed a little fishy.

http://youtu.be/-TxaPP0h-uQ

Looks like Zeller clearly pulled Nix's arm to make it look like a cheap shot (complete with him doubling over and milking it for like 15 seconds).

Lol, what an overrated clown.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Rivers has had one of the worst rookie seasons in NBA history (exacerbated by the fact that he was a top 10 pick). His stat line (in ~23 min per night): 6.0 ppg (35% FG, 31% 3PT FG, 55% FT), 1.8 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.5-1 a/to ratio, 5.32 PER (league average/replacement level PER is 15.0)

I'd like to think that Austin could get better with his time in the league but the last talented guy we had leave early with gigantic holes in his game was McRoberts, and you see where that got him. Rivers is a volume shooter and not an efficient one either. Kyle Singler is actually looking like abetter prospect right now. He was certainly a better value.

Remember Nix randomly wacking Zeller below the belt for no reason last night? I knew it seemed a little fishy.

http://youtu.be/-TxaPP0h-uQ

Looks like Zeller clearly pulled Nix's arm to make it look like a cheap shot (complete with him doubling over and milking it for like 15 seconds).

Lol, what an overrated clown.

lol, thats worse than older brother's spiderweb seizure last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuK2-8sXGo

If it was a Duke player doing that shit, it would be front page on every sports media blog on the web.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
odd that you mention mcroberts. mcadoo's situation reminds me of him.

I don't know whats best for JMM right now. His draft stock is gone so why not come back with a better team next year? He is playing better with this new small line up though.

Top Bottom