• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Remember Nix randomly wacking Zeller below the belt for no reason last night? I knew it seemed a little fishy.

http://youtu.be/-TxaPP0h-uQ

Looks like Zeller clearly pulled Nix's arm to make it look like a cheap shot (complete with him doubling over and milking it for like 15 seconds).

Lol, what an overrated clown.

I've watched it like 20 times now and I still can't tell for sure. I wouldn't put it past either guy though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Welp, that was the Road Warriors kicking the shit out of the Mulky Brothers for the win in 1 minute. Marshall Plumlee's arms are so weird looking.

Fjordson

I've watched it like 20 times now and I still can't tell for sure. I wouldn't put it past either guy though.
I'm being a bit overzealous, but it definitely looks weird. Don't know why he feels the need to just hold into Nix's arm when the ball is up near half court. Isn't the point of offense to get away from your defender?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm being a bit overzealous, but it definitely looks weird. Don't know why he feels the need to just hold into Nix's arm when the ball is up near half court. Isn't the point of offense to get away from your defender?

No. The point of offense is to score.
If you can't score, draw a foul.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Good news re: Ryan Kelly in here:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/dukenow/postgame-thoughts-from-dukes-88-56-win-at-virginia-tech

For the first time in his recovery, there is actual, visual progress. His crutches are gone, and he is now walking with just his boot.
Kelly, who has been out since Jan. 8 with a right foot injury, ran Wednesday for 15 minutes on an underwater treadmill. He has been working his legs, hips and core on a medicine ball as well.
“He’s sore, but his foot is not sore,” Mike Krzyzewski said. “it’s moving in the right direction. Now we believe we’re going to get him back. It’s just a matter of when.”
Kelly has begun shooting free throws, and Krzyzewski said he could start practicing as early as next week. Krzyzewski has said (and he repeated it again in Blacksburg) that Kelly needs to return before the NCAA Tournament. Right now, there's no reason to believe that can't happen.

TheNatural

My Member!
Last Bracketbuster weekend, last Georgetown game at Syracuse. Seems like there are more and more "lasts" every year because of realignment.

Bracketbuster was a nice thing to help mid or weak conferences to play someone decent out of league play for a change. I guess with the A10 moves and the future, they don't think it's necessary, which I think is lame.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also, dat CBS national coverage.

Seriously guess which national game I get on CBS today? Georgia and South Carolina, two of the worst teams in the country, in a completely empty Georgia arena.

SEC basketball games should be banished to CBS Sports Network or something. What a perpetually shitty league.

Slizz

Wake dosing the Canes with their own medicine.

EDIT: Wake in the bonus, smelling like the first loss since December.

TheNatural

My Member!
Looks like the Canes finally going down.

And South Carolina is seriously on Div III level of bad. 15 points and the half is almost over, and they've done this all year. Frank Martin is on crack to leave Kansas State.

impirius

The Big East champ crushed the SEC #3 team in the country in football. The only thing SEC basketball crushes is how high the RPI and Sagarin computers can take before they meltdown.
(Does anyone remember one single other Big East game last season? I even looked over a wiki page with every game just to make sure ... there wasn't a single ranked versus ranked game in an entire year of conference play. And somehow the world survived it being on TV!)

South Carolina will be just fine after a couple of years. The freshmen are developing well, and Martin will have plenty of room to work with in his first full recruiting cycle.

TheNatural

My Member!
(Does anyone remember one single other Big East game last season? I even looked over a wiki page with every game just to make sure ... there wasn't a single ranked versus ranked game in an entire year of conference play. And somehow the world survived it being on TV!)

South Carolina will be just fine after a couple of years. The freshmen are developing well, and Martin will have plenty of room to work with in his first full recruiting cycle.

At least the Big East had some decent years and high scoring games when West Virginia was involved in the conference. Plus, it's not like there are a ton of teams, there's been 8 in football since forever. The SEC is consistently down outside of the years UK and Florida are good. Vandy would supposedly be good and then goes and loses to double digit seeds in the first round almost every time they get a good seed.

I'm not sure why anyone treats it like a serious league. The words 'down year' are constantly said about the league. It's not a down year every single year, it's just a bad league. The fact I keep hearing about what UK has to do to get in the tourney based on their conference record is a joke, and completely off their image and the image of the SEC as a major league when it's not.

bachikarn

Oh sorry, I forget garbage time points mean something when you're down 20 and cut it to 10 when the game was basically over.

Yeah, because no team has ever come back down two possessions with 6 minutes to go.

hey man, I give your team all the credit in the world for beating us. But don't pretend that your win suddenly legitimizes the Big East in football.

TheNatural

My Member!
Yeah, because no team has ever come back down two possessions with 6 minutes to go.

hey man, I give your team all the credit in the world for beating us. But don't pretend that your win suddenly legitimizes the Big East in football.

I didn't say it did, no one was kissing the Big East's ass in football, they were trashing it, everyone knew what it was and said so. Media and apologists keep acting like the SEC is a major conference in basketball and get handed bids. Big East wasn't handed shit. That's the difference.

TheNatural

My Member!
23-21 in the Cuse-GTown game at half. Damn, I'm ready for a 30 second shot clock after this year, not that it would matter too much.

Cousteau

Gtown in dat 1940's torture chamber gamemode.
Teams must feel like they are in that Reese Witherspoon movie every time they play them.
I'm half tempted to turn the color off.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Charge vs. block call inconsistency borderline ruins this sport for me.

Had two charges called on UNM in the first half where the defender was clearly in the circle. It is what it is, though. Not enough money to pay the 400+ referees in cbb as it is.

jakncoke

Banned
I had a funny dream last night, I had forgotten about March Madness. We beat Kentucky then we went to play West Virginia in the Sweet 16 and somehow we both lost and got knocked out. Then my alarm awoke me.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'd like to introduce the king of Ft. Collins, Kendall Williams.

ncb_a_williams1x_400.jpg

46 points. Forty-mnfn-six. Get screwed, Colorado.
I'll be up soon to enjoy some of your legal marijuana.

Top Bottom