• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Our win today sets up a huge game Monday with Kansas. It'll be to continue our home win streak to 23 in a row, and build some huge momentum through the end of the season.

jjasper

Another blown chance on the road. The team just can't finish when it matters in the road. It is what is keeping them from going to the tourney barring a run in the SEC tournament

jakncoke

Banned
Lol. I don't think we play enough games to go under .500 so the NIT will gladly take the reigning national champions.

Even if you were a 1st round knock out last year NIT would still take you this year just because of the money purposes of the Kentucky following.

Seth C

so does Mizzou suck or have Harrow/Poythress/Goodwin actually found their balls.

Their balls are in a constant state of flux. It won't last. But Missouri is better than Vanderbilt and they didn't find their balls in the game so. Maybe it's something.

iamblades

Yes!!! The season hangs on by a thread!! Freshmen and Mays stepped up big. And 6 blocks by Cauley-Stein. Awesome team win.

^^

I think if we win the games we're expected to win from here on out, we deserve to be in.

I still don't expect to go very far, but these kids deserve a chance, I really thought they were going to collapse after Noel went out, then that Tennessee debacle, but somewhere they found some heart.

Fjordson

^^

I think if we win the games we're expected to win from here on out, we deserve to be in.

I still don't expect to go very far, but these kids deserve a chance, I really thought they were going to collapse after Noel went out, then that Tennessee debacle, but somewhere they found some heart.
Absolutely. We should get in barring any random fuckups like the Tennessee game.

And yeah, I don't know what our title chances are with this team, but we're playing better. I can see us winning a game or two in the tourney.

DominoKid

the roy williams signature move, the hockey sub, actually worked today.

Luke Davis, Desmond Hubert, Jackson Simmons and J.P. Tokoto joined Marcus Paige in replacing Dexter Strickland, Leslie McDonald, Brice Johnson, Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo after the momentum had swung back in the Wolfpack’s favor.

lord almighty that lineup was brutal to watch. i admit i flipped shit.

The starting five reunited following the second media timeout with 11:37 to play as UNC trailed 49-45. What followed was a 25-8 run - fueled by 12 of Reggie Bullock's game-high 22 points - that gave the Tar Heels a 70-57 lead with 3:37 to play.

make em say unnnnhhhhh. i enjoyed this game way too much.

TheNatural

My Member!
Beat Mizzou at home, a team who is absolutely horrible on the road to the tune of 1-7, equals NCAA bid? I feel bad for whatever mid major gets fucked over that shit. Or even if a team like Villanova who has three legit major wins gets left out.

jakncoke

Banned
Woodall really brought it scoring wise. 8/12 from the field 23 pts

Edit; D'Angelo Harrison had a terrible day shooting so far 1/11

Edit; Another road win. Hopefully we can finish the season out with all wins and win a couple in the tourney get ourselves in position for a decent seed

Ugh. The margin for error for this Illini team is still too thin. Really can't afford both DJ and Paul to stink it up in the same game. Which they did.

GG Fellows!

Also, Dan Dakich (ESPN announcer) can get fucked. One day I hope to meet him in person to relay the message firsthand.

http://www.1070thefan.com/dakich/

You need to call into his radio show in Indianapolis so you can get clowned by him.
Perhaps I will. But I'd need a decent cover to get on air.

My opening line to him would probably be "Did Bruce Weber suck your dick or did you suck his?"

Ripping on former players by name, like Dakich did today, is laughably unprofessional. Dude should get out of the announcer's booth and stick to talk radio.

In addition to being unprofessional, he was also completely wrong. So there's that too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Perhaps I will. But I'd need a decent cover to get on air.

My opening line to him would probably be "Did Bruce Weber suck your dick or did you suck his?"

Ripping on former players by name, like Dakich did today, is laughably unprofessional. Dude should get out of the announcer's booth and stick to talk radio.

In addition to being unprofessional, he was also completely wrong. So there's that too.

He's just doing his best Bobby The Brain Heenan impression.

EDIT: And as soon as I type that he and the play by play guy start talking about the WWF.

reKon

Banned
I don't know why we've playing up so tight on Craft. If there was a stat for him burning people, he would be 90%. Back the fuck off him

TheNatural

My Member!
My end of year 1 seed predictions:

1) Indiana
2) Miami/Duke
3) Gonzaga
4) Best team in Big East or Florida

I think IU is a stone cold lock, granted they have some tough ones left, but they're battle test and I think they're a lock barring like 3 losses.

Miami and Duke could both hypothetically make it, but with a game left between the two, and the way it feels unlikely top teams in the ACC kinda falter each year in that tourney, I'm guessing this will probably be Miami especially after the Wake game.

Zags have a weak ass schedule and will win out if they win at BYU. That with 2 losses this year is good enough for a #1.

Last spot is up for debate, but I think the Big Ten continues to beat up on each other with IU still standing, Kansas' resume is too fraudulent, and Florida's resume is weak. A Big East team will get hot and make a run as usual among GTown, Cuse, and the Ville. If not, Florida gets it.

Fjordson

Does Gonzaga have the body of work to be a 1 seed?
Not the strongest resume ever, but all of the other moving pieces at the top sort of lets the Zags slip in.

I think they could make a run. Solid guards (especially Pangos) and their bigs are dope. Olynyk in particular has gotten really good.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Huge stretch of games for us starting with UVA. If we only drop one of the 4 even the UNC game, I'll be impressed.

Kelly is supposed to practice this week so..........

Top Bottom