• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

TheNatural

My Member!
I hope the Orange are fading and don't wake up this weekend. I'm going to be pissed if we lose to them Saturday the way they've been playing.

Fjordson

I heard them say earlier on ESPN that an Iowa State loss would help UK on the bubble, but man...I'd love to see Kansas lose.

Also, I just learned that Wiggins is making his UK visit this week when we play Mississippi St. Fucking sucks he couldn't have been there on Saturday for ESPN gameday. Dakari Johnson and some of our football recruits who were at the game said on Twitter that it was one of the best atmospheres they've seen yet at any college (big accomplishment for Rupp Arena, which can get a little dull compared to places like Phog Allen or Cameron).

Fjordson

Comedy of errors with these refs. Withey fucking fouled out on that intentional foul but instead they gave it to Young, and that was a charge on that last drive. Terrible.

KingGondo

Banned
Comedy of errors with these refs. Withey fucking fouled out on that intentional foul but instead they gave it to Young, and that was a charge on that last drive. Terrible.
Not to mention they called the foul that resulted in the tying FTs when the guys were just fighting for a loose ball.

Sorry DC. Utter bullshit. The Big 12 owes you an apology.

Congrats on your fraud Big 12 title, Kansas.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kansas can go fuck themselves, with those refs. We ALWAYS get that garbage at Hilton. Kansas cheats and gets a free foul, the refs miss a blatant charge and oh look, overtime!

Fuck. I hope we see them in the Big 12 tourney, we're going to kick their ass.

KingGondo

Banned
Kansas can go fuck themselves, with those refs. We ALWAYS get that garbage at Hilton. Kansas cheats and gets a free foul, the refs miss a blatant charge and oh look, overtime!

I'm usually a KU fan, but this team is bullshit. Withey is garbage and is apparently incapable of fouling, that dude with the fro who can't shoot is annoying as fuck, and they've gotten the benefit of tons of calls this season.

They were gifted this game, no question. An outright robbery.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm usually a KU fan, but this team is bullshit. Withey is garbage and is apparently incapable of fouling, that dude with the fro who can't shoot is annoying as fuck, and they've gotten the benefit of tons of calls this season.

They were gifted this game, no question. An outright robbery.

We got you guys next week right? I'm still out for revenge there. :p

I may be at that game.

Luckily I don't think we needed that win to get in.

KingGondo

Banned
We got you guys next week right? I'm still out for revenge there. :p

I may be at that game.

Luckily I don't think we needed that win to get in.
I think we lose that one, probably (although we've suddenly remembered how to play on the road). We should be a top 4 seed in the tourney as long as we win 3 of our final 4.

ISU's a tough team. I'm rooting for you guys. I think the Big 12 is underrated as a whole this year. Best the top 5 have been in a while.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think we lose that one, probably (although we've suddenly remembered how to play on the road). We should be a top 4 seed in the tourney as long as we win 3 of our final 4.

ISU's a tough team. I'm rooting for you guys. I think the Big 12 is underrated as a whole this year. Best the top 5 have been in a while.

I sure as hell wouldn't have called this season going this way. We've got a young team too, Niang is a freshman. I'm excited for the next few years.

I'd love to get back to winning a Big 12 title.

Nesotenso

we will see.

Elijah motherfuckin Johnson

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

devilhawk

Withey's 4th foul was the worst call of the night. Yes, the refs sucked and blew calls but that 4th foul on Withey was egregious and took him out of the game for far longer than OT where Withey did nothing.

Plus EJ was unstoppable.

KingGondo

Banned
I sure as hell wouldn't have called this season going this way. We've got a young team too, Niang is a freshman. I'm excited for the next few years.

I'd love to get back to winning a Big 12 title.
I forgot how fun CBB can be when your team is good. It's been 7-8 years since we were decent.

Hopefully both of our schools can keep it going. The conference would be much better for it.

Fjordson

Yeah, OK St. is playing well right now. Hope they make a run, Marcus Smart is such a dope point guard. 6-4, like 230? What a beast.

Wish we had him at UK :lol our guards are so frail compared to guys like that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
we will see.

Elijah motherfuckin Johnson

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Oh come on now, you know we won the game. I mean, your big guy had to cheat to stay in the game. Then on top of that the refs just decided not to call an obvious charge. When you have announcers and SportsCenter saying it was a blown call, you know you committed some kind of robbery.

The threes at the end were insane though, if any one of those had misses (in either game this year) we'd have won both.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, OK St. is playing well right now. Hope they make a run, Marcus Smart is such a dope point guard. 6-4, like 230? What a beast.

Wish we had him at UK :lol our guards are so frail compared to guys like that.
I think everyone wishes they had him. One of the best OSU players ever.

I hope he's sentimental (and slightly foolish) and comes back next year. Maybe his buddy Forte can convince him. And maybe he can recruit Wiggins. And maybe Big Country can discover a lost year of eligibility.

devilhawk

Oh come on now, you know we won the game. I mean, your big guy had to cheat to stay in the game. Then on top of that the refs just decided not to call an obvious charge. When you have announcers and SportsCenter saying it was a blown call, you know you committed some kind of robbery.

The threes at the end were insane though, if any one of those had misses (in either game this year) we'd have won both.

Withey's 4th foul was the exact opposite. That took Withey off the court for a long important stretch where you guys got your lead. And two points taken away. And his later - should have been called on him- foul wouldn't have mattered.

A bogus call at 10 minutes is just as bogus as a 5 seconds left one. Might just be even more impactful at 10 mins.

balddemon

Banned

the block/charge should have been called. but as I recall the other day, someone in here was saying charges should be taken out of the game altogether. and how is what young did cheating? the refs made the call lol, they could have gone back and checked I think, but they didn't. I'm pretty sure most people playing some kind of competitive game try to draw fouls off their big men. I know I have done it, and it's worked too.

elijah is finally learning how to not choke though, and I like it. after the game he acknowledged he shouldn't have dunked it, which is good.

anyways rock chalk, good luck against us in the big 12 tourney. you ain't makin 17 3s again.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
A blown call that 100% decided the outcome of the game. I hope those refs have to sit for that, horrible officiating. Regardless, we should have played better in OT, but we were so dumbfounded that we let the game slip. I'd go for a KU/ISU rematch in the tourney. You can't win every game by some kind of luck (refs/long 3) right at the end. We'll get you.

devilhawk

A blown call that 100% decided the outcome of the game. I hope those refs have to sit for that, horrible officiating. Regardless, we should have played better in OT, but we were so dumbfounded that we let the game slip. I'd go for a KU/ISU rematch in the tourney. You can't win every game by some kind of luck (refs/long 3) right at the end. We'll get you.

Like draining alley oops for 3 type of luck?

fatty

22 free throws in a row. 17 threes. Alley oops errr no a three. ISU had everything going for them tonight. Refs were bad all around, let's not forget the call on Withey that took him out of the game for a while.

Anyways, I thought the Big XII would be down this year but it is nice to see ISU, OSU and KSU stepping up this year.

Great game tonight. Rock Chalk.

devilhawk

ku_bkc_isu_33_t640.jpg

Here is a guy being restrained while trying to attack Coach Self. Combined with throwing items at our players - pretty disgraceful antics.

Fjordson

After Kansas acted so humble and classy at the end of the game? Pretty shocking.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! No excuse for assaulting someone, but really, that dunk at the end was pretty poor form.

Seth C

I heard them say earlier on ESPN that an Iowa State loss would help UK on the bubble, but man...I'd love to see Kansas lose.

Also, I just learned that Wiggins is making his UK visit this week when we play Mississippi St. Fucking sucks he couldn't have been there on Saturday for ESPN gameday. Dakari Johnson and some of our football recruits who were at the game said on Twitter that it was one of the best atmospheres they've seen yet at any college (big accomplishment for Rupp Arena, which can get a little dull compared to places like Phog Allen or Cameron).

Well, we're giving the 1996 team championship rings during the game so maybe that's something?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Here is a guy being restrained while trying to attack Coach Self. Combined with throwing items at our players - pretty disgraceful antics.

True, but can you blame us? We got screwed out of a win. Then your player dunks the ball like a clown at the end. Also I doubt that dude is going to "attack" him, more looks like he's having some words with him. I doubt any of our people would actually attack someone.

Good to see this:
Big 12 to review calls in Kansas' win
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...as-iowa-state-game-coordinator-officials-says

Top Bottom