• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: Rivals | OT | In Theaters March 14

kudoboi

i have a feeling the PC version will be gimped after DF choosed to do the PC comparison with current gen versions instead of next gen. if it is anything like MW then i will wait for a sale. its still funny that I can run BF4 at ultra/1080P/60FPS yet can only run MW at 30 to 40FPS at medium settings

Fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice, shame on me.

So only the racers have a risk/reward system in place?

As a cop you can accrue points several ways, never lose them, and unlock cars for free. As a racer you can lose all of your points if you get taken down by a cop and you have to spent those points on car purchases and upgrades.

Seems weirdly imbalanced. I guess they figured people wouldn't want to play cops unless they sweetened the deal big time?

All I know is I play whatever career is lacking in the server I'm on. It can be crazy as hell to be the only cop or racer in the group.

Thanks. This will be my first digital purchase game since it's sold out everywhere
My copy downloaded quick enough from PSN, but when launched you have to go through an unskippable walkthrough and tutorial, for both the racing side and the cop side. Once I had finished that the game stuck to an install screen, and took another hour or so to install the rest of the game. During this time I couldn't play anything else on the PS4. Just an FYI.

I am so pleasantly surprised by this game. Its fantastic. Playing this more on PS4 than other launch titles
Same here. I got rid of Killzone (due to the lackluster impressions and the fact that I wanted a little more variety in my launch lineup since I already had a shooter) and replaced it with this game.

I took a chance on this and couldn't be more happy I did. I'm not a big racing game fan, but holy cow this game is really fun. The "AllDrive" aspect of it adds so much for me. Those emergent moments of unexpected chases and chaos while I'm trying to tackle objectives make the game super fun. I intended on playing a few different titles last night but was having such a blast with this game that I couldn't stop playing. So far I've been playing as a cop exclusively, I'm gonna switch sides soon and see how the life of a racer is.

FrsDvl

I'm contemplating picking up either this, or AC4. But I'm having a hard time deciding which one I want.. What makes this game different than most wanted?

Big Chungus

I have no idea how to start a multiplayer race with other people...I just drive around and race against the computer...

Question about earning cars as a cop. So when I'm choosing my mission, there's always 3 options (patrol, undercover and enforcer I believe) and each has a different variant of the same car I can earn. So let's say I can earn an Undercover version of a Camaro by taking on the Undercover mission. After I complete that, I have that version of that car unlocked, but not the patrol or enforcer version. At that point, I see no way of unlocking the other versions of that car. Is there something I'm missing? Hopefully my question makes sense.

This is, hands down, the best Need for Speed in years. It's up there with Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 - and that's high praise. Fantastic, fun game.

Ilive1up

I have no idea how to start a multiplayer race with other people...I just drive around and race against the computer...

i hear you with this. everyone seems to be doing their own thing. there should be a way to send out invites to the people in your game to a race.

Is it okay that I'm a racer that goes around ramming into cops. Is that rude? Lol
Also first person view all the way. I can't drive any other way

BigDug13

So only the racers have a risk/reward system in place?

As a cop you can accrue points several ways, never lose them, and unlock cars for free. As a racer you can lose all of your points if you get taken down by a cop and you have to spent those points on car purchases and upgrades.

Seems weirdly imbalanced. I guess they figured people wouldn't want to play cops unless they sweetened the deal big time?

All I know is I play whatever career is lacking in the server I'm on. It can be crazy as hell to be the only cop or racer in the group.

My copy downloaded quick enough from PSN, but when launched you have to go through an unskippable walkthrough and tutorial, for both the racing side and the cop side. Once I had finished that the game stuck to an install screen, and took another hour or so to install the rest of the game. During this time I couldn't play anything else on the PS4. Just an FYI.

You can hit the hideout at any time though. Even if 2 police helicopters and 4 police cars are right next to you at the hideout entrance. So it's not so bad.

So this isn't Criterion but it's good? That's...wow, okay.

Does it seem stable, compared to EAs other game, BF4, which is a total mess, or what?

AndyBNV

Nvidia
FYI: You can pre-load the PC version and play early tomorrow with the Origin South Korea VPN trick, as used for BF4 and many titles in the past.

If you're pre-loading only, and not buying, your account will not be banned - that comes directly from EA support during BF3 and BF4 unlocks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So this isn't Criterion but it's good? That's...wow, okay.

Well, essentially about 80% of Criterion merged with EA's new Need For Speed studio named Ghost, so a fair share of Criterion is still on the project.

Criterion's leads are working on a new IP with a small team, though that's not a racing game.

FYI: You can pre-load the PC version and play early tomorrow with the Origin South Korea VPN trick, as used for BF4 and many titles in the past.

If you're pre-loading only, and not buying, your account will not be banned - that comes directly from EA support during BF3 and BF4 unlocks.

Origin seems to be implying you can pre-load anywhere right now?

Well, essentially about 80% of Criterion merged with EA's new Need For Speed studio named Ghost, so a fair share of Criterion is still on the project.

Criterion's leads are working on a new IP with a small team, though that's not a racing game.

Origin seems to be implying you can pre-load anywhere right now?

Ah, I see. Well that certainly makes me feel a lot better about the game. Absolutely going to pick it up considerin BF4 is an unplayable pile of shit and AC4 is getting 1080p patched in.

Sevarro

Neo Member
I really like this game so far. I love just running across another dude and teaming up for some alldrive stuff. But nobody seems to have a mic? Or mics don't work? One of those.

D23

Just got the game. Played for about two hours. Wow this game is nutz... Probably my favorite launch tiitles that I own. It looks amazing too

Add me D23_

Nethaniah

Guess i'll ask here, wheel support yes / no?

Also any confirmation yet on the 30 fps lock for pc? It seems to be semi confirmed by a few sites.

Eusis

Still nothing on my end. I think I waited too long. :/
Oh man, half an hour after I said this I got an estimated delivery date from Amazon, then awhile later it's "shipping soon." Figures this would happen, now just have to hope the estimated delivery date is a conservative estimate (though being Wednesday that'd only be a day early, maybe two if I have the same crazy luck with Killzone.)
What day did you order? I originally had 2K14 but changed it on November 12th.
The 11th. So I guess if nothing changed on your end yet it will soon.

Top Bottom