• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: Rivals | OT | In Theaters March 14

btkadams

So this isn't Criterion but it's good? That's...wow, okay.

Does it seem stable, compared to EAs other game, BF4, which is a total mess, or what?

it's made by ghost which is mostly made up of criterion. it feels like any other criterion nfs game.

before it finishes installing, it is super buggy (in my experience anyway). i haven't ran into any bugs since then though.

Aspiring

Oh man, half an hour after I said this I got an estimated delivery date from Amazon, then awhile later it's "shipping soon." Figures this would happen, now just have to hope the estimated delivery date is a conservative estimate (though being Wednesday that'd only be a day early, maybe two if I have the same crazy luck with Killzone.)

The 11th. So I guess if nothing changed on your end yet it will soon.

Yeah mine is still shipping now. I'm guessing the won't ship it on a Sunday so will on Monday.

Sorian

Banned
I got jelly of everyone with the game so I contacted amazon since mine still said 12/30. Guy upgraded me to one day shipping and said it should be going out in the morning :D

grave_danger

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to get All Drive/Origin working? Whenever I go to start All Drive it tells me I must be logged into PSN and Origin. I'm logged into PSN and when I go to login to origin under "Extras" I get a similar message about how I have to be logged into PSN.

D23

Hmm so Ive been experiencing a lot of pop ins and it gets pretty annoying. I have the digital version by the way. Anyone else experiencing this?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, EA, listen-

If you're going to force people to play the game online, you can't be total cheapasses and make the system peer-to-peer.

You want always online, but you don't want to pay for it. I get it. You suck.

I've lost 3 races so far because the host of the session quit and the system had to migrate us. What in the hell... I'm just trying to play the single player game here...

iratA

Ok, EA, listen-

If you're going to force people to play the game online, you can't be total cheapasses and make the system peer-to-peer.

I've lost 3 races so far because the host of the session quit and the system had to migrate us. What in the hell... I'm just trying to play the single player game here...

Yep the downside of all of these new connected experiences! These so called seamless single/multi player games need to make sure that they have good systems in place so players don't lose progress or meet with frustration when network issues arise. I'm eagerly awaiting Watchdogs to see how seamless they've made their connected world.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I got this as part of the Amazon B2G1F deal and it hasn't shipped yet. Bummin' me out as the other 2 games are both FPS(KZ AND BF). Booooooooooooo! Come on Amazon!

Eusis

Yep the downside of all of these new connected experiences! These so called seamless single/multi player games need to make sure that they have good systems in place so players don't lose progress or meet with frustration when network issues arise. I'm eagerly awaiting Watchdogs to see how seamless they've made their connected world.
On a similar note this is one of the biggest things that wrecked my interest. Not that I don't think this could be interesting in an open world game, but with abilities like that I'd really rather just get the freedom to mess around, and something meant to be seamless multiplayer probably means I can't freely do that, or I CAN but someone may just wreck my fun for any reason.

Ok, EA, listen-

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you can make the game "single player" in the options menu.

ieatzombies

On a similar note this is one of the biggest things that wrecked my interest. Not that I don't think this could be interesting in an open world game, but with abilities like that I'd really rather just get the freedom to mess around, and something meant to be seamless multiplayer probably means I can't freely do that, or I CAN but someone may just wreck my fun for any reason.
People check the options in the hideout! You CAN change it to single player.

kudoboi

Looks like pc is 30fps locked according to a website that got to play it early. Welp I'll get it when they remove the limit or when it's 80% off

Savitar

You can play single player with no online connecting but with AI bots for those who may not realize it.

Debating on getting the game myself.

D23

Ok, EA, listen-

change the mode to single player only (private is what its called i believe)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
One PS4 screen shot from the screen cap thread.

bzurtapceaas2_p7nd2u.jpg

Hmm so Ive been experiencing a lot of pop ins and it gets pretty annoying. I have the digital version by the way. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm curious to hear more about this. EGM's review complained about it, and said it got worse as you got faster and faster cars.

Plumpman

Anyone getting buggy shadows and textures, especially on the terrain?

Is it the PS4 installing this in the background even if its downloaded from PSN fully?

dreamfall

Game is totally wicked fun.

My brother, who hasn't played anything but Fifa & 2k in nearly 10 years, some how surprisingly got completely invested.

The race events are pretty awesome- but it's really that open world, see a racer cruising, must ATTEMPT PURSUIT, OH SHIT IT'S 4AM vibe.

The car unlocks seem a bit quick, but it also is objective based which keeps you gunning for different things.

Also, he doesn't have Plus. We've been playing Offline from Day 1, and it's been a blast.

D23

Are you guys playing as cop only or racer ?

I was playing as a cop exclusively for a few hours.. and it was fun. Gonna try to be a racer now

Eusis

People check the options in the hideout! You CAN change it to single player.
This about Watch_Dogs or NFS? Because the latter I'd be more worried about the lack of dedicated servers honestly, don't care as much in a RACING game though it's good to know there's options in case I'm getting too frustrated.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
One PS4 screen shot from the screen cap thread.

bzurtapceaas2_p7nd2u.jpg

Current gen version for comparison. It looks fairly good too.

iHeVpJih5Dq6E.jpg

Note the black bars on top and bottom, standard with all Frostbite games on PS3/360. They don't render the complete 720p buffer.

Codeblew

What is the best way to raise heat level? I am trying to get to level 9 to advance rank but I seem to get stuck around 5-7. Just take out cop cars?

Is there any way to reduce heat other than going into a hideout?

This game is a blast.

wazoo

NFS The Run was unlocked after patch on PC, you had to let vsync off to have more than 30 fps.

All last 3 NFS (maybe more) on PC run at 60fps, no way we go lower now.

TentPole

Jesus Christ, It is four in the morning and I had no idea. Just had an accidental 6 hour marathon session without even realizing it. It was great but tomorrow is going to suck.

Got the game on Saturday and I've been having such a great time with it. Played it pretty much all day Sunday and beat the racer side and realized I should probably be sleeping for work. Going to attempt the cop side next, I don't feel like there were enough people on the cops side for multiplayer.

Multiplayer has been great and showing them on the map made it pretty easy to go and challenge or troll someone. I spent a good amount of time just chasing down other players.

Also, he doesn't have Plus. We've been playing Offline from Day 1, and it's been a blast.

There should be a free month of plus included with the system in case you missed it.

What is the best way to raise heat level? I am trying to get to level 9 to advance rank but I seem to get stuck around 5-7. Just take out cop cars?

Is there any way to reduce heat other than going into a hideout?

This game is a blast.

You don't have to take out cop cars to raise the level. The best way I've noticed is to get a pursuit, then lose them. I think it can also go up just from general destruction.

Yep, hideouts are the only way.

Eusis

Oh man ooooh man

WTF??!!
If that's true then it's why I was somewhat dubious of claims of being unlocked. I seem to recall hearing similar about Dark Souls, but the attendents at events may be clueless, PR people similarly so, and as a blind test most people aren't too great at really noticing the difference.

kudoboi

I played online last night for the first time.

I jumped into a police cruiser and planned to finish a few races. Halfway through a Rapid Response, I saw four cars fly past an intersection - two cops, two races, all user controlled.

I slammed on my handbrake, peeled of my course and joined the chase. I flew past the two user controlled cops and managed to bust one racer quickly - but the other guy put it in another gear and got away.

I think he was toying with us cops. Dejected, I drove back to the Rapid Response, started it over and finished it.

Integrating single player with multi is brilliant, and the game is beautiful for being open world.

Top Bottom