• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Style

Banned
Friend got her Nendo Jiji (From Touken Ranbu) and asked me to help take some pictures. Still bitter of never getting him in the game, I didn't really care for it until she put that face on. Asks me "Don't you think he's cute now?" and I can only answer with a yes.
Turns out she knew I'd cave and ordered two of them, and I'm now the owner of this little piece of way too effing cute:

I've made a huge mistake.

Hah, did he come with that hat or did you add that yourself?

EDIT: Nevermind, the question was already answered. >_<

SmithnCo

Okay cheers guys :(

Is Cynthia likely to be legit around £50?

Or snake or Isabella for that matter

Snake and Cynthia probably. I think Isabelle is a little more expensive.

Just stay away from China and check the seller's feedback if on Amazon

Kazzy

Snake and Cynthia probably. I think Isabelle is a little more expensive.

Just stay away from China and check the seller's feedback if on Amazon

As of today, I saw a mint Cynthia in Akihabara for around 9,000 yen.

So yeah, an already expensive price, that is only likely to go higher.

Busaiku

Sword boy #2 is here!
kgHZgqV.jpg

Kazzy

Yeah, it may change a little, and that particular one was subject to a resellers estimation, but I always find it to be a good guide.

I haven't bought any nendos in quite a while, so I did go a little crazy in Akihabara:

I was super tempted to go for the EVA Racing nendos too, but I wasn't exactly sure on how rare they actually are.

“Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Akatsuki Cu-Poche by Kotobukiya up for preorder
Kotobukiya opens pre-orders today for their “Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Akatsuki Cu-Poche figure, which comes with three expressions including a winking face, an angry expression, and a troubled one, as well as optional parts like her hat, back rigging, Rensouhou, an anchor, the right arm rigging, and a shield. Also included is an optional hand set (relaxed, gripped, holding).

“Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Akatsuki Cu-Poche figure by Kotobukiya is listed for a price of ¥4800 and is scheduled for release in March 2016.
koto_akatsukipo-1.jpg

koto_akatsukipo-5.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
First Look: Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Snow 2016, Snow Owl ver. by Good Smile Company
First images of Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Snow 2016, Snow Owl ver. by Good Smile Company have been revealed today. As a reminder, 2016 edition of Snow Miku is proposed in both a Nendoroid and a figma version with other details about still to be announced.

While waiting for more information and details about both the Nendoroid and the figma figures, here’s the very first photos of the Nendoroid, of course coming with Rabbit Yukine, as well as the winning design for this upcoming year’s Snow Miku which was announced earlier this year.
gsc_snowmiku2016nendo-1.jpeg

gsc_snowmiku2016nendo-art1.jpg

“Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise” Angela Balzac figma by Max Factory up for preorder
As reported yesterday, Max Factory officially opens pre-orders today for their “Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise” Angela Balzac figma figure. The main character from the original anime film “Expelled from Paradise”, Angela Balzac, comes with three expressions including a confident face, a gentle smile and a tired out expression.
maxfactory_angelabfigmapo-intro.jpg

Optional parts include the gun Angela uses in the film and the block version of herself. Scheduled for release in May 2016, the poseable figure is listed for a price of ¥6296 and comes with a bonus pouting face if ordered at Good Smile Company Online Shop (Japanese store only).
maxfactory_angelabfigmapo-3.jpg

“Madogatari” Oshino Shinobu FigFIX by Max Factory new photo, Aniplex’s trading figure sets announced
There are news about figures of Madogatari Exhibition. A while ago “Monogatari Series: Second Season” Oshino Shinobu FigFIX Madogatari ver. figure by Max Factory was revealed after being announced back in August this year, and today we have a new photo of the figure to share.

Trading figures by Aniplex, dedicated to “Monogatari Series: Second Season” and “Mahou Shoujo Madoka&#9733;Magica” have been also announced and revealed recently. The figures, proposed in sets containing two items (one from each series, bundled together) are listed for a price of ¥3800/set and are also exclusive to Madogatari Exhibition.

For now, there are three different sets of trading figures, as follows;

Set A – Senjougahara Hitagi and Akemi Homura
Set B – Oshino Shinobu and Kaname Madoka
Set C – Black Hanekawa and Tomoe Mami

Oshino Shinobu FigFIX Madogatari ver. (Max Factory)
maxfactory_oshinomadogatari.jpg

Senjougahara Hitagi and Akemi Homura (Set A, Aniplex)
aniplex_seta.jpg

Oshino Shinobu and Kaname Madoka (Set B, Aniplex)
aniplex_setb.jpg

Black Hanekawa and Tomoe Mami (Set C, Aniplex)
aniplex_setc.jpg

Shaft 40th Anniversary – MADOGATARI Exhibition will take place on Sunday, November 29th, 2015.
Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Harvest Moon ver. by Good Smile Company to be sold at NYCC
This will surely be a good news for anyone who missed the pre-order deadline for Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Harvest Moon ver. figure by Good Smile Company. The company has announced that the figure will be on sale at upcoming New York Comic Con (October 8th, to October 11th, 2015) along with other figures by Good Smile Company and partner companies.
gsc_mikumoon-1.jpg

Nendoroid Marth: New Mystery of the Emblem Edition
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I’m much more of a Winter person. Summer is just too hot for me! I’m so glad that things are cooling down now, but the offices are as hot as ever…_(&#9488;&#12300;&#949;:)_

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Marth:
New Mystery of the Emblem Edition!
o0515054713435379633.jpg

From the popular game ‘Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~’ comes a fully articulated Nendoroid of Marth, the Prince of Altea, in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the Fire Emblem series!

He comes with two expressions including his standard gentle smile as well as a more serious shouting expression for combat scenes! Optional parts include an iron sword, a rapier as well as the Exalted Falchion allowing you to display him wielding various different weapons from the game! Slashing effect parts are also included and the Nendoroid is fully articulated allowing for amazing dynamic combat scenes to enjoy even in Nendoroid size!
The gentle prince of the Kingdom of Altea is joining the Nendoroids! He has been made in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the RPG series that has captured fans hearts for many years – Fire Emblem!!

Even little details such as the shiny appearance of the clasp on his cape and the metallic paintwork on his armor have all been included to create a really authentic looking outfit! You can even see the slack on certain areas of his outfit and the details on his feet are simply outstanding for a Nendoroid sized figure! &#949;=(&#12290;&#12539;&#1076;&#12539;&#12290;)
o0515043513435379831.jpg

As he comes from a rather action packed game, he has also been made as a fully articulated Nendoroid with joints in areas like the elbows and knees for many more posing options! &#12541;(*&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#20154;(&#12539;&#969;&#12539;*)&#12494;

Also take a good look at his facial expression! &#9734;
o0515058213435380033.jpg

Such a gentle smile! (/&#969;&#65340;)

The smile captures Marth’s warm and friendly personality so nicely, but at the same time you can also feel his strong determination in those eyes – I understand exactly why so many enemies choose to join with Marth when I see this expression!

At his hips you can see he is wielding the Exalted Falchion which can be be displayed both sheathed away as well as out and ready for combat! The cape on his back features joints around the neck area allowing you to move it to the left and right to better match your poses!
o0515046613435379834.jpg

The cape is also sculpted to appear ‘blowing in the wind’ to create that dynamic feeling that looks so great in action poses!

For example, let’s equip him with the thin Rapier and pose him ready to strike…
o0515043013435416675.jpg

By posing the cape like this, he looks like he is nimbly fighting with the rapier! (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;) Plus as I’m sure you’ve noticed, he also comes with a shouting expression for combat!!&#9834;

Certainly a different feeling to the gentle smile, but it has a whole different charm to enjoy!
o0515046413435379832.jpg

Plus last but not least he also comes with the classic Iron Sword as well as the Shield of Seals ‘Fire Emblem’ are also both included! &#1641;(&#3665;ò&#969;ó&#3665;)&#1782;

The shield may have been shrunk down to Nendoroid size, but all the separate colors of the orbs have included as well as the emblem carefully sculpted into the design! A majestic shield for a worthy Prince! &#9829;&#65038;
o0515046813435379833.jpg

&#9651; I’m afraid that the orbs cannot be removed from the shield!

In other words, there are a total of three different swords to display him wielding!! (&#65377;&#65381;&#969;&#65381;)&#65417;&#65438;
o0515039013435380032.jpg

&#9651; Make sure you use the right one for the right enemy!

Plus he also comes with effect parts which connect to sword parts! &#9733;
o0515041813435379632.jpg

Painting Nendoroid Kashu Kiyomitsu’s Nails

My body has cycles that make me want to eat dango. I don’t need anko inside or anything – just standard three-color dango are delicious!!

Anyway, today I’m going to be doing a special blog in commemoration of Nendoroid Kashu Kiyomitsu’s release!! Today we’re going to be painting some nails!!
o0515042813441929163.jpg

But what can we use to paint the tiny nails of a Nendoroid?

Today I’m going to be introducing two different methods with the help of Eco-shi from the production team and Hamako from the planning team! &#12387;(&#12290;&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#12494;
o0515033813441926631.jpg

Let’s get started!!

1) Marker Painting
o0515046213441926630.jpg

--------
--------
2) Enamel Paints
o0515046513441928606.jpg

pcc006_001.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12432.html
1000100014_1.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12471.html
DCV_SPRTA_bg01.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12494.html
1_20151002230044c79.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12495.html
CQON8uCUkAAe1B9.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12496.html
CDvx7IlUIAAsYsK_20151003130519f89.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12497.html
umr_MS_main.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/104306/
main18.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/104285/
DRRR2dfm_g06.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/104276/
gude_ippai_mas_01.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/104255/
More here

Trading figures by Aniplex, dedicated to “Monogatari Series: Second Season” and “Mahou Shoujo Madoka&#9733;Magica” have been also announced and revealed recently. The figures, proposed in sets containing two items (one from each series, bundled together) are listed for a price of ¥3800/set and are also exclusive to Madogatari Exhibition.

Does that mean they won't be sold online?

Busaiku

Can't remember if this is a typical thing (don't feel like disassembling stuff), but when I was putting Kiyomitsu together, I noticed there were smiley faces on his thighs.
Is this actually something they regularly do, and I only just noticed now?

Can't remember if this is a typical thing (don't feel like disassembling stuff), but when I was putting Kiyomitsu together, I noticed there were smiley faces on his thighs.
Is this actually something they regularly do, and I only just noticed now?

Like...on the joints? Yeah Nendo joints have smileys on them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Joker would have had more money in that pile to burn but he had already burnt it all on nendos.

Wanderer5

Did my first order on amiami heh. Marth and Sherlock hound figma. Hound has that car so I get the feeling that I might be force to use ems bleh. Also snow owl version is such a cool name. Can't wait for a better look at the new snow miku.

And lol there that link figma finally. Has zero suit samus been shown too?

Draxal

Saw Marth, Kirby, and Megaman in person today in Ny Comiccon. They're so adorable.

Got a Ryuko nendoroid (Isabelle was sold out) and more importantly a good smile reusable bag as well.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Marth, Kirby, and Megaman in person today in Ny Comiccon. They're so adorable.

Got a Ryuko nendoroid (Isabelle was sold out) and more importantly a good smile reusable bag as well.

So lucky! I wish they just sold them online again, or due to the demand, just go ahead and re-issue them... :/

Draxal

So lucky! I wish they just sold them online again, or due to the demand, just go ahead and re-issue them... :/

I wish they would reissue all the expensive ones, easiest way to get rid of the counterfeiters.

They're booth was nice. I think the rare Miku sold out, as did Solid Snake.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would reissue all the expensive ones, easiest way to get rid of the counterfeiters.

They're booth was nice. I think the rare Miku sold out, as did Solid Snake.

The bootlegs suck and are hilariously bad. They've been posting pics of the fakes on their FB and it's like night and day with how different they are. Like Sakura Miku's hair not even close to the same colour (more of a red).

And yeah, I saw pics of their booth on their FB as well and it looked really nice! Wish they went to more cons (Fanime... >_>) instead of just the two Comicons.

arue

Got Umaru and Kaito Senbonzakura today.
Kaito is pretty cool and Umaru is cute as ever, though she's a bit small. I had a hard time choosing which faceplate I should display her with!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Darn GSC is one big tease... All their FB photos say "last one! Come to NYCCC and get them before they are gone!" -_- No, I live far. Just put some on your site if you keep getting extras, plz >_>

srst

The bootlegs suck and are hilariously bad. They've been posting pics of the fakes on their FB and it's like night and day with how different they are. Like Sakura Miku's hair not even close to the same colour (more of a red).

And yeah, I saw pics of their booth on their FB as well and it looked really nice! Wish they went to more cons (Fanime... >_>) instead of just the two Comicons.

You can find GSC at Sakura Con in Seattle.

Anony

im in akiba right now, bought a bunch of nendos
got snow miku with that big book, unopened (no 500) for 8000yen i think i did alright there,
they had a opened mint condition for 7000

cant find satsuki anywhere
mako goes for 9000+, only seen 2

Got Battleship Re-Class at Anime Festival Asia last month. I'm not really into KanColle, but she's become my favorite nendo so far, more so than Link and Yukari. Must be all the parts. Kinda makes me want to get the other shipgirls.

Speaking of Yukari, she's a bit of a pain to put together. Her hair gets in the way of her arms and the stand. The hole for the stand in her gap is kind of a tight fit, but I guess it has to be to keep it in place.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on Kaito and Kiyomitsu, Hopefully they'll arrive this month but the shop I ordered them at said that shipping can take up to 6 months (!). I really should get off my ass and order Marth before the deadline, too.

Also, petite Apo. Mutta & Hibito incoming? (I wish)

arue

For those who only ordered Umaru nendo using non-reg SAL. How much was the shipping? Y700-800 I guess?

Oh. Not that bad.
I had 4 figures in my order total (2 nendo + 1 figma + 1 game prize) and the shipping was 2880 jpy for EMS.

If you only have Umaru in your order, then she'll be 1680 jpy (for NA residents) since one nendo box weighs around 0.6kg.

pbayne

Hey guys, new to collecting nendos and was hoping for some advice(UK based?

Which is the better option Amiami or buying directly from the goodsmile store? Which one is better for delivery costs and is it better to bundle up orders?

Which is the better option Amiami or buying directly from the goodsmile store? Which one is better for delivery costs and is it better to bundle up orders?

AmiAmi is always the better (cheaper) option. Though GSC does sometimes include extra parts exclusive to their shop, so keep an eye out for that. GSC also charges flat-rate 2,000 JPY shipping regardless of how many items you order. Expensive if you only order one item, but it works out better the more you order.

pbayne

AmiAmi is always the better (cheaper) option. Though GSC does sometimes include extra parts exclusive to their shop, so keep an eye out for that. GSC also charges flat-rate 2,000 JPY shipping regardless of how many items you order. Expensive if you only order one item, but it works out better the more you order.

Cheers mate

Lexxism

I had 4 figures in my order total (2 nendo + 1 figma + 1 game prize) and the shipping was 2880 jpy for EMS.

If you only have Umaru in your order, then she'll be 1680 jpy (for NA residents) since one nendo box weighs around 0.6kg.
Oh. That's not a bad price. Thanks.

If you want to avoid paying for customs (20% of the value if it exceeds £16+ £8 handling fee by Royal Mail) I would say Amiami with unregistered SAL (could risk registered but more likely to get caught and the tracking is kind of crap). GSC you might get exclusive nendo parts but you can only use EMS (fastest delivery service + tracking) but it is a flat rate so anything you order from them it's 2,000JPY to ship the entirety. If you want to avoid customs should use either BiginJapan or Nippon-Yasan as they undervalue your packages, though I recommend telling BiJ to mark your value down to €12 or less as they write in ¥ but lately have their Y mistaken as a 7 so you end up paying customs anyway and have to deal with the border force via letters =/, so NY might be better but their delivery rates tend to be higher than BiJ.

“Gundam Reconguista in G” Aida Surgan Gundam Girls Generation 1/10 by MegaHouse painted prototype
Painted prototype for “Gundam Reconguista in G” Aida Surgan Gundam Girls Generation figure by MegaHouse has been recently revealed. The figure, presented at CharaHobby 2015 C3xHOBBY, is sculpted in a 1/10 scale standing 16 cm tall and other details are still to be announced.
megahouse_aidapainted.jpg

Wave announces “Evangelion Shin Gekijouban” Souryuu Asuka Langley, Ayanami Rei Beach Queens figures
Wave has recently announced new figures part of their Beach Queens line with “Evangelion Shin Gekijouban” Souryuu Asuka Langley and Ayanami Rei (already present in their Beach Queens collection) Swimsuit version. The company has revealed a teaser photo of painted prototype for both the figures, which have other details still to be announced.
wave_evabqann.jpg

“Etotama” Nyaa-tan Nendoroid by Good Smile Company unpainted prototype revealed
Unpainted prototype for “Etotama” Nyaa-tan Nendoroid by Good Smile Company figure, which was announced back in July this year, has been revealed today. Pre-orders for the figure are scheduled to open in early November and other details are still to be announced.
gsc_etotamanendo-1.jpg

Artwork/announcement.
gsc_nyaanendoann.jpg

“Yuru Yuri San Hai!” Yoshikawa Chinatsu Nendoroid by Good Smile Company announced
“Yuru Yuri San&#9734;Hai!” Yoshikawa Chinatsu Nendoroid figure has been recently announced by Good Smile Company. The poseable figure, of which we only have the artwork to share for now, will be released on May 18th, 2016 bundled with limited edition of “Yuru Yuri San&#9734;Hai!” Blu-ray Volume 6, listed for a price of ¥10000.
gsc_yuriyurinendobd.jpg

“Hackadoll” Hackadoll 1-gou Nendoroid by Good Smile Company unpainted prototype revealed
Announced at last edition of Wonfes in July this year, “Hackadoll” Hackadoll 1-gou Nendoroid by Good Smile Company has been recently revealed unpainted. At the moment we don’t have any additional information to report about the figure.
gsc_hackadollnendoun.jpg

wf2015s_nendohackdoll.jpg

Vocaloid Hatsune Miku 1/7 mebae ver. by Max Factory painted prototype revealed
Announced almost one year ago and then on display unpainted at Wonder Festival this past July, Vocaloid Hatsune Miku mebae ver. 1/7 scale figure by Max Factory is revealed painted today. In her 1/7 scale, the figure is sculpted by Shining Wizard and of course based on an illustration by Mebae.
maxfactory_mikumebaepaint.jpg

Nendoroid Hotaru Ichijo

I think I failed at getting dressed this morning. I had no idea it was going to be so cold outside today!! I should definitely have worn more layers…

Nendoroid Hotaru Ichijo!&#9825;
o0515055713444622245.jpg

From the slice-of-life comedy anime ‘Non Non Biyori’ comes a Nendoroid of Hotaru Ichijo also known as ‘Hotarun’! She comes with a mature smiling expression, a childish crying expression and the daydreaming expression she often had around Komari-senpai.

As a 5th year primary school student she comes with her ransel backpack, and she also comes with two of her self-made Koma-chan dolls – one to hold up in the air and another to hug! A special background sheet to recreate more scenes from the show is also included. Be sure to display her with the previously released Nendoroid Renge Miyauchi, who will also be available again at the same time as Hotaru!
Oooooooohhh!! (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;)

From the super relaxing slice-of-life series ‘Non Non Biyori Repeat’ comes a Nendoroid of the mature transfer student, Hotaru Ichijo!

Her gentle looking smile and elegant appearance have been faithfully preserved in Nendoroid size!! Her frilly Western-style clothes have also been sculpted so adorably! They definitely give her a more grown-up appearance! (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;)

But no matter how old she may look, Hotarun is only a 5th year primary school student! Take a look from the back and you’ll see…
o0515055313444622247.jpg

She has her red primary school backpack!

The backpack connects into the hole that the Nendoroid stand would normally connect into, and then has a special vertical stand that connects into the bottom!
o0515045813444622336.jpg

&#9651; This alone is more than enough to keep the Nendoroid steady!
Nendoroid Joker: Villain’s Edition
Today’s main feature!
o0515061113445381358.jpg

“You… you complete me.”

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan) Today I’m going to be taking a look at a product that went up for preorder earlier today:

Nendoroid Joker: Villain’s Edition
o0515056213445381043.jpg

From the popular DC Comics film ‘The Dark Knight’ comes a Nendoroid of the Joker based on the highly acclaimed version of Joker played by Heath Ledger. He is also the first ever villain from a live action film to join the Nendoroid world!

His eccentric yet twisted face paint has been carefully shrunk down into Nendoroid size, and he comes with both a glaring expression and a twisted smiling expression that certainly can’t be compared to any previous Nendoroid smiles! The back, left and right sides of his trademark purple coat are all movable allowing you to easily pose anything from his signature standing poses to casually cracking a joke. Optional parts include a knife, stacks of money and a joker playing card, allowing you to recreate various different situations as well!
Oooooohhh! (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;)

The Nendoroid is based on the acclaimed version of the Joker from ‘The Dark Knight’ played by the late Heath Ledger. His unique appearance has been preserved while also shrunk down into Nendoroid size! &#9733;

He is also the first ever villain character from an American comic series to join the Nendoroid series!!
o0515052513445381040.jpg

Nendoroid Kasane Teto

When ever I am hungry my stomach is always very happy to let me know by growling rather loudly. This is often in the middle of meetings… and is always incredibly embarrassing!

Nendoroid Kasane Teto!&#9834;
o0515059113446113084.jpg

The long awaited Nendoroid of the Hatsune Miku spin-off character Kasane Teto is finally here! Even her trademark drill-shaped twin-tail hair has been faithfully preserved on her Nendoroid!She comes with both a smiling expression as well as a sneering expression, and her beloved French bread as well as a panzerfaust-shaped microphone are also both included allowing fans to enjoy all sorts of poses from Teto’s popular songs and more!
Ooooooooohhh!! (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;)

The character who was originally announced in March 2008 as an April Fool’s Joke, the BOUCOLOID ‘Kasane Teto’ has now comes to join the Nendoroid series!!

Her mostly black uniform with red highlights that match up with her lovely red hair and eyes has been faithfully reproduced in Nendoroid size! Even the small little details like the buttons are actually sculpted – not just painted – on to the figure! &#9825;

The ’0401&#8242; numbers on her left arm are also faithfully included!
o0515051313446113087.jpg

Her trademark ‘drill’ twin-tails are also looking lovely in Nendoroid size! (*´&#1044;&#65344;)=&#1079;

They also feature joints at the connection point that allow you to change the angle that they are pointed at! &#9825;
o0515034313446115796.gif

Speaking of joints, her neck is also of course articulated, which means…
o0515050013446923177.gif

You can pose her like this based on the image used for the ‘Ochame Kinou’ song!! Obviously you can then also add a few little personal touches as well!! &#9733;

Plus there is one item that just had to be included with Kasane Teto…
o0515048413446112892.jpg

Her favorite thing to have by her side - French Bread!
NYCCLinkHeader-600x250.jpg

NYCC 2015: Good Smile Company’s Links
BowserHeader-600x250.jpg

Bandai Announces S.H.Figuarts Bowser
Harley2Header-600x250.jpg

Kotobukiya’s Harley Quinn Bishoujo Ver.2