• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Wanderer5

Damn Project Mirai, having all these costumes that are probably never going to be made as actual nendos.:p Would love to see one of Do Re Mi Fa Rondo Miku.

costume_doremifa_thumb.jpg

Chorazin

Oh great, the Vader and Stormtroopers ot pushed back to the same month I have that ultra-fancy Xbone controller and the Halo 5 Collectors edition to pay for. :\

Bii

Oh great, the Vader and Stormtroopers ot pushed back to the same month I have that ultra-fancy Xbone controller and the Halo 5 Collectors edition to pay for. :\

Between video games and figures, October/November's going to be crazy $$ wise.

So GSC released their product catalog for the anime festival I'll be going to. They'll have the Haikyuu guys, fight club Mako, and Snow Miku like I thought. Not seeing Re-class, though; I'm hoping the "and more" includes her.

Replicant

Venom Snake (aka Big Boss aka Naked Snake) is up for pre-order. Out in April.

FEulidi.jpg

Pre-order bonus @ GSC Shop is Jehuty Arm, which I'm not sure is worth the extra $13.
Umaru also get 2nd re-release in case anyone wants her.

hitmon

When amiami.com states an item is for sale in Japan only, does that mean they won't sell or ship to customers outside Japan or is that just a note stating it's only for sale in Japan?

Luigi87

Pre-ordered Venom Snake
Big Boss!

... It's funny for a couple years I only had one nendo, now the army has increased substantially in the last year, and I have six on pre-order.

Are you guys buying Venom Snake from GSC? I can't decide. The extra piece seems pretty inconsequential, and 7.5k after shipping for a Nendo is lolololololol

Yuki, Homura and Godoka have arrived. All I need is Umaru and I think I'm done with nendo till next year

Also does anyone know if it is possible to buy replacement stands (cheap knockoff is fine)? I applied too much force and broke Madoka's stand :(

Samurai_Heart was wondering who would have the complete fleet and that made me check my boxes.

That also made me choose tomorrow as Fleet Unboxing Day!
You sure do love your ships~ XD

“Touken Ranbu” Mikazuki Munechika Nendoroid by Good Smile Company on preorder (rerelease)
Recently released “Touken Ranbu” Mikazuki Munechika Nendoroid by Good Smile Company gets a second production run and is up for pre-order, until September 28th, 2015. Additional details and photos for the figure are available here. Release date is scheduled for December 2015.
gsc_mikazukinendooff-intro.jpg

The Original Background Serial Code Bonus and the Cardfight! Vanguard Mikazuki Munechika PR Card included with first production run of the figure are NOT included with this rerelease, which still comes with a Nendoroid Plus Rubber Strap: Mikazuki Munechika Content ver. as special bonus if ordered at Good Smile Company Online Shop.
gsc_mikazukinendooff-1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
“Himouto! Umaru-chan” Doma Umaru Nendoroid by Good Smile Company up for preorder (rerelease)
“Himouto! Umaru-chan” Doma Umaru Nendoroid by Good Smile Company is getting a rerelease and second production run is up for pre-order starting today and until October 14th, 2015.

The figure comes several expressions to enjoy the lovely Umaru-chan in every kind of situation, including an energetic standard expression, an annoyingly confident and a smiling face, and the excited expression when she eats something delicious and tantrum expression.

Also included with the poseable figure there are optional parts like Umaru’s beloved cola, a packet of potato chips and various other junk food parts, as well as sitting parts and a gaming console. This rerelease is listed for a price of \4444 and is scheduled for release in January 2016.
gsc_umarunendore-1.jpg

Nendoroid Toru Oikawa
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I’m actually really bad at volleyball. I remember watching as each person went up to serve… dreading the fact that my turn was getting closer and closer. That said, I do really enjoy watching it!!!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…
o0515061513420870686.jpg

Nendoroid Toru Oikawa!
From the volleyball anime series with a second season on the way ‘Haikyu!!’ comes a Nendoroid of Aobajohsai High’s volleyball team captain, the ‘Grand King’ Toru Oikawa! He comes with three expressions including his standard smiling expression which sees through anything, a fearless expression showing his confidence as the ‘Grand King’ as well as a more playful expression with his tongue sticking out.He comes with a variety of optional parts allowing you to display him in various poses including a serving pose. A volleyball and special stand made in the image of a volleyball court are both included to bring out the atmosphere of the series, and he also comes with effect parts to display him performing his powerful ‘murder serve’ as well as his jersey for a slightly different look. Enjoy the Grand King of the court right in your collection!
Oikawa-saaaan!! (´□`。)

Aobajohsai High’s volleyball team captain and highly aggressive setter is joining the Nendoroids! Toru Oikawa! His preorders are opening up shortly, so it’s time for me to take a quick look! ☆

That confident pose and relaxed smile even before the match begins… Oikawa-san’s bold personality has been captured beautifully!

Plus even though his expression looks rather gentle and friendly, somehow I get the feeling that I know what Kageyama means when he says that Oikawa is just hiding his bad personality. His characteristic spiky hairstyle has also been nicely shrunk down into Nendoroid size! ♪
o0515048413420870685.jpg

Note how soft and squishy his cheeks look from the back!

As with the previous Nendoroids in the series, Oikawa-san also comes with a rectangular volleyball court base to bring out the feel of the series even more! By the way, Oikawa-san is the third character to be released from Haikyuu! ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ
------
------
Which means this if the first Haikyu!! Nendoroid from a school other than Karasuno High! Nendoroid Yu Nishinoya has also been announced, but this makes me wonder if we can expect even more characters after that!

But let’s get back to Oikawa-san! Just like Hinata and Kageyama, he comes with special parts that allow you to display him serving!! The included ball even comes with a three-level stand to display it nice and high, showing off Oikawa-san’s epic jump!! ε=(。・д・。)
o0515047013421183937.jpg

Staring intently at the ball, and then…

\*Pow!*/
o0515063313421183574.jpg

He comes with his fearless expression showing the might behind his ‘murder serve’!

A broad grin on his face together with those sharp eyes. Oikawa-san is in full combat mode an ready for anything!! (*´Д`)=з

The ball also comes with effect parts show the force behind his attack!! ♪
o0515041313421183936.jpg

△ The effect parts connect into the stand and then into the ball!

Plus he also comes with this item which looks great with the fearless expression!!
o0515071113421183573.jpg

A jersey fluttering in the wind!! ★

If the expression wasn’t imposing enough, now he looks even more confident with a jersey over his shoulders…! I’m so glad that you can pose him like this!! (●´ω`●)
------
------
However! While Oikawa-san is very serious when it comes to matches, he also has a bit more of a playful side that you can also enjoy with the Nendoroid!
o0515053913421198519.jpg

His third expression is this playful expression with his tongue sticking out! (ゝω・´。)

An excellent choice of expression by the figure’s planner, Chanshuu-senpai! At least I think so!! The expression also has a bit of an upward gaze…
o0515055013421223756.gif

It’s so annoyingly cute!! (/ω\)
(*This is a compliment)
Kashu Kiyomitsu

I don’t know how to dress up fancy. I don’t even know how to dress for Autumn. What kind of clothes are you supposed to wear in weather like this?! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at ORANGE ROUGE’s latest scale figure…

The 1/8th scale

Kashu Kiyomitsu!`
o0515069813424781895.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-’ comes a 1/8th scale figure of Kashu Kiyomitsu. His well-known standing pose has been sculpted with his charming expression, elegant body and unique outfit all faithfully transformed into figure form.All the angles not seen in the original illustrations have also been carefully added onto the figure, allowing fans to enjoy Kashu from any angle they please. Be sure to give him the love and attention he has always wished for!
“Kashu Kiyomitsu, heading in!”

The first scale figure to be released under the ORANGE ROUGE name is none other than Touken Ranbu’s Kashu Kiyomitsu!! His appearance from the game has been faithfully converted into figure form! ♪
o0515053513424781894.jpg

The release photos came out so beautiful that I had to include some of them in the blog as well! These photos are taken by a professional cameraman with careful attention given to the backgrounds and lighting.

Just look at the amount of detail captured on one single figure! Everything has been captured by sculptor Iwanaga Sakurako (Shokubutu Shojo-en) down to the most intricate of details!! (´□`。)

Let’s move on to my attempts to capture his beauty!!
o0515080013424769126.jpg

The lighting is rather different which gives the colors a slightly different appearance, but this is how he looks under standard fluorescent lights! (/ω\)

Kashu’s outfit is a lovely mix of reds and blacks, and while it doesn’t know much skin it makes up for it with class! Even the air around him looks fancier thanks to his classy outfit!!

This is how he looks from the back! (*´Д`)=з
o0515076213424769127.jpg

The long coat fluttering behind him gives a certain dynamic element to his pose that acts as a lovely accent to the entire figure. Even from the back and through the coat, you still get a nice idea of his slim physique and fancy outfit.

All the creases that you’d expect on a long coat have also been carefully included making it seem like it is actually made from fabric! Even though the reverse side of Kashu was never visible on the official illustrations, each and every detail has been carefully considered and sculpted to create a figure fans can be proud to own! ♪

There are so many details to look at that I don’t really know where to start, but I’m going to keep it to four main points!

- Detailed Outfit -
o0515045013424787294.jpg

Overall the outfit has a very chic color scheme, but also note the fancier details such as the flower patterns and golden sword emblem on his collar! The golden buttons and belt buckle provide lovely contrast take makes for such an eye catching outfit!

The coat is amazing, but also take note his his shirt, vest and the red scarf around his neck! The figure makes him seem so much more real!! It’s like he is really right here beside me! (;∀;)

The gauntlets make use of a lacquer paint giving them a glossy appearance and a different looking texture to the rest of the figure. ?
o0515042913424769370.jpg

The scabbard, grip and guard of the sword his holds are also all very intricately detailed! Be sure to take a nice close look once he joins your collection!! っ(。・ω・)ノ゛

If we take a look a little bit lower, you can see that even the inside of his coat has been painted ? and with a diamond pattern to boot!
o0515083513418778341.jpg

Then at the very bottom we’re met with these tight pants and high heels!! ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ

The fact that the tip of his boots have a different texture also shows the attention to detail!
Nendoroid Rin Hoshizora: Training Outfit Ver.

When it comes to ramen, I like tonkotsu ramen the best! I also prefer thin but hard noodles the best! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Rin Hoshizora: Training Outfit Ver.★
o0515053013424600193.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘LoveLive!’ comes a Nendoroid of Rin Hoshizora wearing her training outfit! She comes with both an excited comical face as well as a crying expression to show she can sometimes be quite emotional.Optional parts include a bowl of ramen with chopsticks, allowing you to display her enjoying her favorite food! A special ‘holding hand’ part is also included for use with the ‘Ima wa Bokura no Naka de’ LoveLive! Nendoroid series.
“Nyan, nyan, nyan~♪”

Just last week we had Hanayo Koizumi announced in her training outfit, and now we have another first year, Rin Hoshizora to join her!! (´□`。)

That innocent, adorable smile as she practices her dance makes me feel all happy inside! ?

This is the 5th Nendoroid from the ongoing Nendoroid LoveLive! Training Outfit series! We still have four μ’s members to go! っ(。・ω・)ノ゙
------
------
Anyway let’s get back to today’s main feature! Her choice of training clothes are cargo pants, and off-shoulder top and a tank top! Seems nice and easy to move about in practice!! But there is another reason that this outfit was selected! I’m sure fans of a certain scene will be quiet happy with the choice!
o0515043513424600622.jpg

Plus her alternate ‘Crying Expression’ brings out the yuri scene even more!! ε=(。・д・。)

“Rin-chan has a bit of a crybaby side in the first place so the expression suits! That and you can recreate the yuri scene up on the mountain!!” ? Planner, Hamako.

Those wide-open eyes with the tears just about to fall from the corners!! I want to run up and give her a hug to make things all better! (/ω\)

You can imagine yourself to be in Umi-chan’s shoes from that scene, or create your very own cute crying face poses!!
o0515045713424600623.jpg

I can think of all sorts of fun ways to display this expression with the other girls!!

But even though I think it’s adorable… I kind of feel bad for making her cry, so I think I should give her something to cheer her up! What would be better than her favorite food!!
o0515055413424600415.jpg

A bowl of ramen is included as an optional part! ??

She also comes with a right hand holding chopsticks so you can pose her ready to dig in to the delicious looking ramen!!
o0515051413424600416.jpg

Rin is back to her lovely smile!!

I really love the combination of cute girls and food! You can also pose her together with Nendoroid Hanayo Koizumi: Training Outfit Ver. holding her rice cooker filled with freshly cooked rice!!
Nendoroid Venom Snake: Sneaking Suit Ver.
Today’s main feature…!
o0515034113426324299.jpg

Today I’ll be taking a look at this product that went up for preorder today!

Nendoroid Venom Snake: Sneaking Suit Ver.!★
o0515053613426324297.jpg

From the latest hit addition to the METAL GEAR series, ‘METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN’ comes a Nendoroid of Venom Snake! The Nendoroid is fully articulated allowing for all sorts of different action poses from the game ? even the little ponytail on his back is fitted with a joint!

Optional parts include both his hand gun and assault rifle with their new designs, as well as three myoelectric arm prosthetics used in the game ? the bionic arm, stun arm and blast arm are all included for all sorts of options! He also comes with his ‘Phantom Cigar’, a Nendoroid cardboard box and the iDROID displaying a map hologram for Snake to see where to head next! A Fulton balloon is also included allowing you to ‘recover’ other Nendoroids ? Solid Snake, Raiden or any other Nendoroid! Bring out the METAL GEAR universe with Venom Snake and all sorts of optional parts!
“Kept you waiting, huh?”

I’m sure there are many of you who are still enjoying the recently released METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN! Now you can add the Diamond Dogs leader and main character of the latest game to your collection in adorable Nendoroid size!

Some of you may have recognised the first photo as a parody to the main visual for THE PHANTOM PAIN! ★

Even as a Nendoroid, Venom Snake’s cool and composed air is kept beautifully! Compared to the previously released Nendoroid Solid Snake he has a more rugged, worn appearance of a solider that has seen many battles!!
t02200320_0550080013426521029.jpg

△ Released in January 2015

The sculpting of the body is also very different, with much more hardened looking abs and thighs!
o0515048613426323771.jpg

Like the previous Solid Snake Nendoroid, he is fitted with a special turning joint between the upper and lower body parts allowing for all sorts of epic poses!

Also note that he holds the Phantom Cigar in his right hand… while his left hand instead looks to be a Bionic Arm! The arm not only has the joint at the shoulder, but also a joint at the wrist to make it easy to create different nuances with the bionic arm! He also comes with the Stun Arm…
o0515047113426323889.jpg

△ Note the danger mark! This arm incapacitates targets with electricity!

But that’s not all! He also comes with a third bionic arm ? the Blast Arm! (`・ω・´)ゞ
o0515045413426324028.jpg

△ With a glossy finish to give that mechanical appearance!

Various different arms for various different situations!
Pick the one that best suits your mission! ♪

But that’s not all! He also comes with…
o0515044413426323890.jpg

The iDROID & Map Hologram Parts!

This useful hand-sized device is needed on any mission, and looks best when displayed in a kneeling pose like this!!
o0515041113426323772.jpg

△ A special left leg part is included to pose him kneeling!

Next up we have an Assault Rifle!
o0515038913426323892.jpg

Just like the Solid Snake Nendoroid, Venom Snake can also be posed prone! This allows for some lovely sneaky poses! But perhaps when doing sneaky stuff he should rather be equipped with his handgun!★
o0515057813426323891.jpg

He looks so good from the back too! It’s not often we have even an official shot of the back of Nendoroids on the GSC site, but Venom Snake looks too good to ignore!

Even the muscles in his back and the back of his knees have been carefully sculpted! ♪

The little ponytail on his back even includes a little ball joint to add different nuances to your poses!! Also take note of the details on the belt and pouches around his waist!! You can even see there is one part with a string hanging out, which can only be a Fulton!! On that note…

A Fulton balloon is also included!!
o0515070213426324031.jpg

△ Time to recover Dayo-san.

The balloon attaches in between a normal Nendoroid stand and the Nendoroid itself, which means you can use it with most Nendoroids!
o0515050213426324300.jpg

△ This should make for lots of fun opportunities!

Plus, Venom Snake also comes with a Nendoroid-sized Cardboard Box!
box.jpg

The size will be the same as the one included with Nendoroid Solid Snake!
o0800055013426523904.jpg

△ This is an example with Nendoroid Solid Snake! The box size will be the same!

Finally I want to highlight his hairstyle!!

His rough looking swept back hairstyle has really been captured so perfectly in Nendoroid form!!
o0515056113426323773.jpg

The sculpt has been separated in a special way to keep the flow of the hair! (??????)??

The fragment in his head and the eye-patch are also carefully sculpted, and even have a bit of a texture to them to enjoy! Enjoy the Metal Gear Series in both game and figure form! ★

Nendoroid Venom Snake: Sneaking Suit Ver.
o0515056613426324029.jpg

Currently up for Preorder!

Product Page: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5229/

Orders from the GOODSMILE ONLINE SHOP will include another Bionic Arm ? the rather hard to obtain Hand of Jehuty!
o0515053813426324030.jpg

Be sure to consider the bonus when ordering!

GOODSMILE ONLINE SHOP: Nendoroid Venom Snake: Sneaking Suit Ver.

Also, if you choose to preorder from amazon.co.jp, a special shipping container paper-craft will be included! ♪
o0515036113426324298.jpg

01_s.jpg

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2015/09/post-1324.html
sahelanthropus_pos_b_.jpg

38,000円
ka_koto_20150905_012.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/102518/
1_20150917215800899.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12322.html
1_201509161625404d2.jpg

5_20150916162538de4.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12294.html
FIGURE-013764_19.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12266.html
CO7T7kPUYAADNjZ.png

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-12282.html
More here.

SmithnCo

Got the Cynthia nendo a couple days ago, love the Garchomp.

Would be awesome if we get that Kat Figma here... doubful :/

Would be nice if they release it separately so people can import it like normal. If not I'll have to try to import the CE because I need that figma.

Is there usually any difference between a first print and a reprint for nendoroid in general?
If they explicitly wrote down there are first print bonus, for example there's “Touken Ranbu” Mikazuki Munechika Nendoroid which gave you a code, then there are no difference in a reprint, they may touch up imperfections if there are any.

And for everyone here, nendo checklist lol:
CPHdeMEUYAE6wdy.jpg:orig

Style

Banned
I don't check in often on the thread I might have missed out, have there been any news regarding the Marth nendoroid yet?

Top Bottom