• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

jbug617

Banned
Kenma from Haikyuu

CZfzYBgWQAAt8rk.jpg

Hey guys, I'm looking to start an export business from here in Japan, and I was wondering if this Nendodroid figurine business was something I should turn my gaze to? I'm not greedy or anything but if there's some way I can make a profitable contribution to the community I'm certainly interested in trying.

I suppose I can't really compete with established big time sellers but I figure I want to explore my options living here in the land of weird but awesome hobbies. So far I've only focused on Japanese guitars and retro gaming stuff.

Hey guys, I'm looking to start an export business from here in Japan, and I was wondering if this Nendodroid figurine business was something I should turn my gaze to? I'm not greedy or anything but if there's some way I can make a profitable contribution to the community I'm certainly interested in trying.

I suppose I can't really compete with established big time sellers but I figure I want to explore my options living here in the land of weird but awesome hobbies. So far I've only focused on Japanese guitars and retro gaming stuff.

Can you best amiami.com prices?(and shipping) if not, then you might focus on getting hard to find items that can still be found in local markets over there.

It is possible, if I am not mistaken Nippon Yassan was created by some French nationals over there, they were very smart by selling Bandai's Saint Seiya line/IP related stuff which is incredibly popular in France, Europe in general and South America that for some reason amiami only sells this line on their japanese version to domestic customers.

There is a market there but you have to sort of know about it and how to tackle it.

Chorazin

Note to self: don't "browse" the used section of AmiAmi when you have an open order. Snagged the Hatsune Miku Append ver. A/B condition (which in my experience really means Super Mint / Mint as hell) for $28. Now Hestia just needs to come out....

Can you best amiami.com prices?(and shipping) if not, then you might focus on getting hard to find items that can still be found in local markets over there.

It is possible, if I am not mistaken Nippon Yassan was created by some French nationals over there, they were very smart by selling Bandai's Saint Seiya line/IP related stuff which is incredibly popular in France, Europe in general and South America that for some reason amiami only sells this line on their japanese version to domestic customers.

There is a market there but you have to sort of know about it and how to tackle it.

Thanks for the input--I'll stick to what I know for the time being but I definitely plan to study up on figures too.

My Anna arrived today from CDJapan, no customs duty thankfully.

Just waiting for Kirby to come into stock now so my Amiami order will ship.

What is the best place to order the One-Punch Man Nendoroid from, and do we have an exact release date all I see on PlayAsia is April?

Thanks.

Edit: Thanks Freeza

Chorazin

Opened up my Monster Hunter 4 Kirin last night, man she's super adorable. Didn't even realize she was one of the super-posable models until I started posing her!

Luigi87

Payment request for Kirby, Anna, and Mega Man.
... I think I'll wait a few days before paying (payday on Friday), and then gamble my shipping with SAL Registered...

Chorazin

Going through my Nendo backlog since I got a second display case.

Darth Vader is awesome, lots of great details and poses. Definitely want to mix and match his stuff with others. Stormtrooper is super bland, but he was cheap and they go together.

LiK

Going through my Nendo backlog since I got a second display case.

Darth Vader is awesome, lots of great details and poses. Definitely want to mix and match his stuff with others. Stormtrooper is super bland, but he was cheap and they go together.

Yea, disappointed with Stormtrooper. Lack of accessories was lame.

waitingforSAL.gif

I'm at the 2 week mark with SeHa Saturn. Hopefully tomorrow...

I pretty much always use EMS and I went SAL on my Umaru trading figures...it's about to hit the two week mark lol...oh well it was almost a $10 difference this time and I am in now rush. Hopefully next week.

Chorazin

Yea, disappointed with Stormtrooper. Lack of accessories was lame.

Agreed! It would have been cool to include a Star Destroyer like the Death Star with Vader. Doesn't even seem like you can take the Stormtrooper's head apart, either.

“Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles” Selvaria Bles recolor by Vertex Wonfes 2016 [Winter] resale, Everlasting Summer ver.
vertex_selvariawonfeslimited-1.jpg

vertex_selvariaevelasting.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
“Triage X” Sagiri Yuuko 1/7 Ver.Darkness by Orchid Seed up for preorder
orchidseed_sagiridarknesspo-1.jpg

“Shingeki no Bahamut” Dark Dragoon Forte 1/8 by Kotobukiya up for preorder
furyu_chitogeswimsuit.jpg

koto_ddfortepo-1.jpg

“Master of Skill” Yexiu 1/8 by HOBBYMAX up for preorder
hobbymax_yexiupo-1.jpg

“Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-” Ramlethal Valentine 1/8 Color No.8 ver. by FREEing up for preorder
freeing_rvalentinepo-1.jpg

“Fate/Grand Order” Sakura Saber (Souji Okita) 1/7 by Aquamarine up for preorder
aquamarine_sakurasaberpo-1.jpg

“7th Dragon III code:VFD” Fortuner by Kotobukiya painted prototype revealed
koto_fortunerpainted-1.jpg

“Love Live! School Idol Festival” Toujou Nozomi 1/7 by Alter up for preorder
alter_nozomipo-1.jpg

“Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Haruna 1/8 scale figure by Ques Q announced, Wonfes 2016 [Winter] exclusive
quesq_harunawf2016w-1.jpg

Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Akitsumaru Kai Medicchu by Phat! Company up for preorder
phat_akitsumarukaimedpo-1.jpg

Vocaloid Hatsune Miku 1/4 Snow ver. by FREEing sale information revealed, web orders to start on February 4th, 2016
freeing_mikusnowpoinfo-3.jpg

Orange Rouge announces “Touken Ranbu” Heshikiri Hasebe and Ookurikara Nendoroid figures
orangerouge_heshikirinendo-ann.jpg

orangerouge_ookurikaranendo-ann.jpg

Orca Toys announces “Walkure Romanze: Shoujo Kishi Monogatari” Celia Cumani Aintree 1/4 scale figure
orcatoys_celiaun.jpg

Original Character T2 Art Girls White Odette & Black Odile Skytube 1/6 by Alphamax up for preorder
alphamax_odettepo-1.jpg

alphamax_odilpo-1.jpg

“FairyTale” -Another- Queen of Hearts by Myethos confirmed to be on display at Wonder Festival 2016 [Winter]
myethos_queensofheartswf2016w-2.jpg

“Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka” Hestia 1/2 by Ginjyujisha painted prototype revealed
ginjyujisha_hestia12painted-1.jpg

“Fate/Stay Night” Master Artoria 1/7 by Alter unpainted prototype revealed
alter_artoriaun.jpg

“Bikini Warriors” Valkyrie 1/7 by Alphamax, Hobby Japan up for preorder
hobbyjapan_valkyriepo-1.jpg

Vocaloid Hatsune Miku 1/8 Hanairogoromo ver. by Stronger preorder information, painted prototype revealed
stronger_mikuhanairogoromopoinfo-1.jpg

“Breath of Fire 6: Guardians of the White Dragons” Nina 1/8 by Kotobukiya up for preorder
koto_ninapo-1.jpg

“Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen” Rurutie 1/7 by Tsukuru no Mori up for preorder
tsukurunomori_rurutiepo-1.jpg

Revolve announces Wonder Festival 2016 [Winter] exhibition schedule, “Chu Feng” Nendoroids & more
revolve_chufennendoann.jpg

megahobbyexpo2015autumn_17.jpg

“Love Live! x PACIFIC” Pulchra announces “Love Live! School Idol Project” PACIFIC RACING TEAM figures
pulchra_lovelivepacificann-1.jpg

“Show By Rock!!” Cyan Nendoroid by Good Smile Company painted prototype revealed
gsc_cyannendopainted.jpg

Kotobukiya teases Wonder Festival 2016 [Winter] exhibition items, “Sakura Taisen” Shinguji Sakura & more
koto_sakurateaser-art.jpg

koto_imasannateaser-art.jpg

koto_danuateaser-art.jpg

koto_verniycupocheteaser-art.jpg

koto_pokemonredteaser.jpg

koto_hibikianimeteaser-art.jpg

koto_hotarumaruteaser.jpg

“Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Atago 1/8 by Max Factory painted prototype and preorder information revealed
maxfactory_atagolightpoinfo-1.jpg

maxfactory_atagoheavypoinfo-2.jpg

Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Co-de by Good Smile Company painted prototype revealed
gsc_mikunendocodepainted.jpg

Nendoroid Co-de: Falulu – Marionette Mu Cyalume Co-de
o0515048813540085814.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘PriPara’ comes a Nendoroid Co-de of Falulu wearing her Marionette Mu Cyalume Co-de!The adorable outfit is the sparking cyalume co-de of the Marionette Mu brand – the outfit worn by Falulu in the first season, filled with frills and jewels. Be sure to display her together with the previously released SoLaMi♡SMILE and Dressing Pafé Nendoroid Co-de figures! ♪
WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!! 23 Site Open!
The WonHobby Site is Open!!☆

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

As I’m sure many have already noticed, today was the Good Smile Company and Max Factory booth website for the Winter Wonder Festival 2016 has opened!

WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!! 23
o0515019913541402649.jpg

Nendoroid Akashi Kai
o0515041213543852323.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a Nendoroid of the repair ship, Akashi Kai! She comes with three expressions including her standard expression, a prim expression as well as an expression with her tongue out, ready to repair anything!

Her ship parts are the upgraded ‘Kai’ parts and are fitted with various joints and connections making them highly flexible for various poses. Optional parts include a variety of items perfect for Akashi’s repair work including a welding mask, welding machine, welding effect parts, blueprints and a spanner! Be sure to display her with her support partner, Nendoroid Oyodo!
Index: Bunny Ver.
o0515067613544205912.jpg

From ‘A Certain Magical Index The Movie – The Miracle of Endymion Streaming-’ comes a 1/4th scale figure of Index dressed up in a bunny girl outfit! The net stockings make use of actual material for a more realistic appearance, and the figure itself is filled with highlights that fans are sure to enjoy!

The outfit is quite a change from her normal look, so be sure to take a close look at her at all sorts of different angles – there is no doubt that you will be charmed by her newfound choice of wardrobe!
Nendoroid Koishi Komeiji
o0515051213545021015.jpg

From the popular game series by Team Shanghai Alice, the ‘Touhou Project’ comes a Nendoroid of Koishi Komeiji, the girl who sealed away her own third eye. She comes with three expression parts including a standard hard-to-read expression, a winking expression as well as a smiling expression.

She also comes with a variety of parts that allow her to be placed in all sorts of poses, including her barrage pose from the game as well as a cute pose with her hands making a heart shape. Enjoy the bright and cheerful company of Koishi-chan in your collection!
figFIX Yukikaze: Half-Damage ver.
o0515096513545871601.jpg

Yukikaze from ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ is joining the figFIX series of figma-sized statue figures in her half-damaged pose! Yukikaze’s embarrassed expression looks ready to burst into tears as her clothes are torn apart from the damage! The expression part can be exchanged with the previously released figma Yukikaze for even more posing options – be sure to display the two of them together!
Good Smile Company is Moving Offices!
Farewell, Skytree!!
o0515041813546909547.jpg

Nendoroid Kenma Kozume
o0515048813550506661.jpg

From the popular anime series and manga ‘Haikyu!!’ comes a Nendoroid of the Nekoma High School Volleyball Team’s setter, also said to be the ‘backbone’, ‘brains’ and ‘heart’ of the team – Kenma Kozume! He comes with three expression parts including a standard face, a smiling face as well as a bit of a shameful embarrassed expression.He also comes a variety of optional parts that allow you to recreate popular scenes from the series, as well as a volleyball and a base made in the image of a volleyball court. His smartphone, a black cat as well as parts to display him sitting on the floor are also all included, allowing fans to enjoy various situations of the rather bashful Kenma!
Move to Akihabara: Complete!
Good Smile Company has now moved!
Not even 10 minutes walk from Akihabara station!
o0515066113551438829.jpg

Nendoroid Doudanuki Masakuni
o0515064913552107899.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-’ comes a Nendoroid of the simple but strong sword, Doudanuki Masakuni! He comes with three face plates including his standard expression, a shouting expression for combat as well as a troubled expression.

His sword can be displayed sheathed or drawn, and the helmet he holds in his main illustration is also included. His scarf can easily be moved around to match your poses, allowing for various action poses to be taken. Be sure to add him to your collection!
figma Akira Yuki & figma Sarah Bryant
o0515091213550981303.jpg

From ‘Virtua Fighter’, the world’s first 3D fighting game released back in 1993, comes a figma of Akira Yuki! The figma is designed to recreate the look of Akira from the original Virtual Fighter game! You can pose him in various classic attacks including his ‘Tetsuzankou’. Keep this figma by your side and remember the good old days at the arcade!

Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
He comes with both a standard expression as well as a shouting expression for his victory pose.
A large variety of interchangeable hand parts are included to recreate various moves.
An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
A 2P Color version is planned to be announced at a later date.
o0515095613550980804.jpg

From ‘Virtua Fighter’, the world’s first 3D fighting game released back in 1993, comes a figma of Sarah Bryant! The figma is designed to recreate the look of Sarah from the original Virtual Fighter game! You can pose her in various classic attacks including her ‘Somersault Kick’. Keep this figma by your side and remember the good old days at the arcade!

Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
She comes with both a standard expression as well as a shouting expression for her victory pose.
A large variety of interchangeable hand parts are included to recreate various moves.
An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
A 2P Color version is planned to be announced at a later date.

ScansJan16Header.jpg

Magazine Scans January 2016
CZkmnnQUAAArkUP.jpg

CZk4NsjUAAAE9jw.jpg

CZfZfRVUUAA2-4p.jpg

CZfYop8UEAAFYNt.jpg

CZfYCsUUkAALr0d.jpg

CZfY9k8UEAAsLFn.jpg

CZfXAg5UAAAQvWV.jpg

CZfWabEUkAA_RxQ.jpg

CZfVzHIUYAA0Dqy.jpg

CZfT2eSUYAA-H0N.jpg

CZfc5dYUEAEpCvA.jpg

CZfblrwUUAEpx9f.jpg

CZfbFTIUEAAyQ9P.jpg

CZfb7q3UAAEcDr_.jpg

CZfai18UkAAfACO.jpg

CZfa4CCVAAAriyn.jpg

sqwarlock

What's the best way for me to find the Drossel Nendoroids? I'm guessing pre-owned, but I have no idea where to even begin with that.

What's the best way for me to find the Drossel Nendoroids? I'm guessing pre-owned, but I have no idea where to even begin with that.

Here you go.

Mandarake is a really good place to find aftermarket figures, aside from the usual Japanese shops like AmiAmi and the like. It sometimes helps to input the Japanese kanji into the search instead of English, though.

Nippon-Yasan has the Fireball Charming Nendo for 6.4k JPY. Seems pretty steep, which N-Y usually is.

Chorazin

Aww man Hestia looks awesome! Mine's gonna be trapped at the USPS until Saturday, their hours are not office worker friendly.

Top Bottom