• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Berlin 2087 Trailer looks next gen as f. Unreal Engine 5.

Uncanny valley as fuck.

This will definitely have a big time, Watchdogs-style graphical downgrade by the time it eventually releases. I do like me a good cyberpunk adventure, mind you!

mnkl13

looks like a bladerunner spinoff or something like that.

i would like to see a thread of this girl vs the one from star wars outlaws and see who do people prefer

Frwrd

Hold on, let me check this Madison Beer trailer-ass...

Update: ...ehhh, lol.
Like everyone else stated, lip sync looks funny, some animations look like they need some work which is fair considering this must be very early in development.

Hopefully this turns out to be a Deus Ex type-game.

That guy definitely trying to find out how bad them lips grip 😂

Last edited:
yawngirl-yawnkid.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Facially graphics alone are nice, but the facial animation are mid (is that how the kids say mediocre?) The lipsync is off and the women's acting is fairly atrocious.
Exactly what thought.
Graphically it looks stunning but they must of had a DEI hire on the animations.

Last edited:

PsyEd

Hope someone does a Neo/Wick character mod for this...didn't know about the 3p when I wish listed it a while back. Looking forward to it

Graphics look great up until the animation. Clearly not using motion matching. Lots of these UE games have some jank ass animations that really put off the whole visuals

E-Cat

Cutscenes are uncanny valley af

Gameplay looks cool

Sony E3 2005 conference pre-rendered look finally achieved

Radical_3d

These ultra-realistic UE5 games that are just visual novels are starting to become their own subgenre...(Fort Solis, Nobody Wants to Die).
Somebody did not watch the trailer.

I want to make something clear: the animations look hand made and robotic. As if there were no humans involved in the mo-cap. But that’s what we Europeans call Germans. You’ll get used to it.

Last edited:
Yeah not impressed at all, the animation is awful, guy looks like he's floating around, the models are decently detailed as are the environments but I'm not seeing anything close to next gen especially post Hellblade 2 and AW2 to a lesser extent.

Outlier

Looks both amazing and horrible, at the same time.
In stills, it looks fantastic. It motion, it looks... :lollipop_fearful:
Needs work, obviously. hope the devs get it to an acceptable state.

Kupfer

This game came out of nowhere. Just wow.

It has the best snow effects and ray traced reflections ive seen in a game yet. Combat looks fun too. Facial animations during cutscenes and lip sync could use some work but the world looks beautiful.

To be honest; they don't play out much "Berlin", apart from the name. Could play anywhere else. There's not even any German lettering.

But maybe it's not even set in Germany and "Neo Berlin" is set on a completely different continent / planet / space station / ecosystem, just like "New York" isn't set in the United Kingdom.

It plays with familiar and popular probes and wants to hype the audience.

Starting directly with a protagonist who, in my opinion, looks a lot like Ana de Armas from Blade Runner 2049, who everyone has a crush on, makes me a bit suspicious.

Otherwise it looks quite cool, but still very rough and unfinished, I would almost say too ambitious for the expectations. I don't see any really original ideas. Unfortunately, so far it seems a bit like a pawn catcher, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong when it comes out.

The studio's website is displayed incorrectly, but they describe themselves as follows:

We are AAA veterans and experienced game developers with infinite passion, excelling in narrative depth and gameplay innovation. Our goal is to continuously redefine entertainment with top-quality projects. Join us on this exciting journey.

I can't find anything about the history of the developers and what makes them "AAA veterans". The studio doesn't seem to have a Vita since it was founded in 2019, at least they don't advertise any of their other games.

But that's just a personal feeling and has little to do with the product.

I hope that there is more to it than just collecting funding.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Those characters left me cold (I thought the guy was going to shout Jason! In that first part and the girl has the warmth of a cyborg), but it looks like it could be a fun game nonetheless. Shooty shooty bang bang, and all that.

tommib

Gold Member
Eh? Why are people so pessimistic here?
I think for once we can be legit negative here. It looks like an Uber generic U5 asset package orgy, full of blur, horrible image contrast and saturation, terrible animations through a potato salad of genres, deadpan dialogue deliveries with the most cliche premise possible through cutscenes that lack any kind of sense of art direction integrity. It looks terrible, tacky and like AI prompts.

StereoVsn

Yeah, I agree the animations, environmental direction and the overall “feel” is very much AA so to speak, but now they got all the UE5 features turned on to the max.

So when still and focused on characters it looks pretty good, but the seams immediately show as soon as there is movement.

Top Bottom