• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yeah it's already out. Been getting lucky with my pick ups lately. First socom 4 early a few days ago now this.

As for extras it has filmmakers round table, jack jack exploded, jack jack attacks, boundin, some interactive new nomanisan content, paths to pixar story artists, studio stories: garys birthday and some more.

Probably won't watch it til tomorrow if I get my oppo, wed at the latest

Debating on if I should get Cars though...

classicdms

Neo Member
RisingZan said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/RisingZan/jpg-1.jpg[IMG]

3ds / Pilotwings / Hori screen protector
iPad 2 / SwitchEasy CARA case / Power Support Anti-glare film

...and Beer! First time for both Sierra Nevada Estate (Yum!), and Lucifer (meh).[/QUOTE]
I've been looking for a screen protector for my ipad 2. Does this one work well? Like, does it dim the screen too much or anything?

th3dude

lowrider007 said:
Don't make me sad :-(, it's really a Acer Netbook that is just Packard Bell branded.

Nah, don't be sad. We're just a little surprised to see that brand (even if it is just a logo slapped on an Acer) still around.

Wonder why they do that? Wouldn't one recognize Acer just as much as Packard Bell?

dubc35

Bought MLB.TV again this year, go Cards!

mlbtv.jpg

Chairhome

IMG_1544-vi.jpg

(sorry, was trying to focus on the model name, which makes me feel super nerdy)
Gunnar Optiks. I was skeptical, but my insurance company (VSP) is one of the few that actually accepts them, so I was able to get a prescription pair as my free pair this year :-D. I have to say, after trying them, I'm a believer. It could be a placebo effect, but I wore my regular glasses at work for a few hours today (I usually wear contacts) but I started getting a headache. Switched to these and the headache was gone. The yellow hue is not noticeable after a few minutes.

IMG_1545-vi.jpg

Got these on launch day but finally getting around to posting!

Gvaz

Banned
I can't post a picture of the whole PS3, but I got the killzone 3 pack so I can provide these:
c7jZI.jpg

WbTjR.jpg

And two books I got from a going out of business Borders store in my area for $10 each

tLuNT.jpg

fadetoblack said:
Great mouse! I've been rocking it for a couple months now. Can't believe how comfortable it is for a portable mouse.

Good grip, smooth scrolling function, and convenient back and forward buttons. Yeah, I'm totally enjoying the new web surfing ease and comfort!

kikori

Neo Member
Chairhome said:
Gunnar Optiks.
Even though you got them free, do you know what the full sticker price is? I've been toying with the idea of getting a prescription pair myself, but my insurance won't cover them. How long did it take to get them after they were ordered?

HildyB

Chairhome said:
Gunnar Optiks. I was skeptical, but my insurance company (VSP) is one of the few that actually accepts them, so I was able to get a prescription pair as my free pair this year :-D. I have to say, after trying them, I'm a believer. It could be a placebo effect, but I wore my regular glasses at work for a few hours today (I usually wear contacts) but I started getting a headache. Switched to these and the headache was gone. The yellow hue is not noticeable after a few minutes.

I thought it may be a placebo effect, but its more than that as my eyes get "annoyed' and strained when I forget to bring my Gunnars to work. It's like crack for the eyes. I'm not sure how I feel about my needy eye balls now, but over all I just LOVE my Gunnars

glaurung

Grabbed the two Evangelion movie blu-rays from amazon.com because they were cheap and the EU/UK releases seem to be way inferior to these.

evaloot01.jpg

Here is a comparison shot with the first movie's US version and the UK version. The UK version has no inlay, no foil and a bunch of retarded logos on the cover.

evaloot02.jpg

If I remember correct, the second movie won't be released in EU until the end of May or something.

Chairhome

kikori said:
Even though you got them free, do you know what the full sticker price is? I've been toying with the idea of getting a prescription pair myself, but my insurance won't cover them. How long did it take to get them after they were ordered?
Receipt:
Lenses
$79.00
Frame
$145.00
Lens Options
$161.00
Anti-Reflective Coat - Covered in Full
Polycarbonate - Covered in Full
Solid Tints and Dyes - Covered in Full
Edge Treatments

You might be able to get them without all the options. My insurance (VSP) rocks, I paid nothing. Honestly, I was hoping to get a non prescription pair since I usually wear contacts, but I like them. After they put the order in, it took about 2-3 weeks, i think.

HildyB said:
I thought it may be a placebo effect, but its more than that as my eyes get "annoyed' and strained when I forget to bring my Gunnars to work. It's like crack for the eyes. I'm not sure how I feel about my needy eye balls now, but over all I just LOVE my Gunnars
Yeah, now it has me wondering if my eyes are more sensitive now, haha.

Vorador

Banned
Johnny said:
[img*]http://i51.tinypic.com/2lx6xkh.jpg[/img]

Paid $100 for the lot, which is decent considering everything is in really good condition.

A damn fine collection.

Picked this today

DSCF0439.JPG

Expansion for Sacred 2 and the navigation controller for move.

DSCF0440.JPG

Ar Tonelico III Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel. Time to finish the trilogy.

silent_snake

Neo Member
SXIE2.jpg

I apologize for the bad mobile phone camera photo.

The Stanley Kubrick Archives (Taschen 25th Anniversary Edition)
Alison Castle
Hardcover, 32.7 x 24.5 cm (12.9 x 9.6 in.), 544 pages
ISBN: 978-3-8365-0889-6

Amazing book, a must have for anyone wanting to explore the fascinating world of Stanley Kubrick's movies.

PetriP-TNT said:
Everyone should have at least double Duck Hunt just in case.

And CTR is the best game ever

Awesomes, I should get a NES, although I just bought an awesome, awesome condition Gameboy Colour and some games.

What's double Duck Hunt? An inside joke? I only see one!

KennyLinder said:
What's double Duck Hunt? An inside joke? I only see one!

Duck Hunt stand alone + Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt! Now just tripple the fun with Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet/Super Mario Bros.

PetriP-TNT said:
Duck Hunt stand alone + Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt! Now just tripple the fun with Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet/Super Mario Bros.

Ah yeah, good eyes! I never had a NES, should really invest one day. Urgh, I bet the PAL ones were shit, like PAL SNES/N64 :(

Johnny

PetriP-TNT said:
I'm pretty sure that I have the latter as well. :)

Top Bottom