• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Muchi Muchi Pork get !

DSCF3977.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chairhome said:
IMG_1544-vi.jpg

(sorry, was trying to focus on the model name, which makes me feel super nerdy)
Gunnar Optiks. I was skeptical, but my insurance company (VSP) is one of the few that actually accepts them, so I was able to get a prescription pair as my free pair this year :-D. I have to say, after trying them, I'm a believer. It could be a placebo effect, but I wore my regular glasses at work for a few hours today (I usually wear contacts) but I started getting a headache. Switched to these and the headache was gone. The yellow hue is not noticeable after a few minutes.
Nice. Are these actual gunnar frames or just gunnar lenses? I have VSP too and looking to get new perscription glasses.

Theres a place that carries them about 40 minutes away, I might try going next week.

Chairhome

Bad_Boy said:
Nice. Are these actual gunnar frames or just gunnar lenses? I have VSP too and looking to get new perscription glasses.

Theres a place that carries them about 40 minutes away, I might try going next week.
Both Gunnar frames and lenses. You should have no problem getting them free with VSP. The store that I went to didn't have the frame I wanted, but they can always order them from the manufacturer.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chairhome said:
Both Gunnar frames and lenses. You should have no problem getting them free with VSP. The store that I went to didn't have the frame I wanted, but they can always order them from the manufacturer.
That was quick. Thanks for the info, what frame is that btw?

I'd actually prefer getting the crystalline lenses as I do a lot of photoshop work. I'll try to get an appointment. :)

Chairhome

Bad_Boy said:
That was quick. Thanks for the info, what frame is that btw?

I'd actually prefer getting the crystalline lenses as I do a lot of photoshop work. I'll try to get an appointment. :)
The frame is "anime". Kinda embarassing name, haha. I heard the crystalline ones are good if you work with media, let us know if they help out! My eyes actually feel like they adjust to the yellow tint after a few minutes, but I'm sure colors are a little more important when using photoshop!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yeah, I use f.lux for regular use, but when I have photoshop on I disable it. Definitely helps with the eyestrain. I think I'd rather have non amber for use in classrooms and such without looking out of place.

I like the phenom frames in black, but it doesn't seem to have the crystaline lense. I'll look into it more.

I guess this is a topic for another thread. I think the last Gunnar thread got trolled though. :/

Atolm

laW7q.jpg

PS3+ Dell UltraSharp U2311H IPS.

Well you know, after being unemployed for so long, saving 500€ for my first current-gen console and a nice monitor has been quite an accomplishment for me. Also picked up Wipeout HD Fury, Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes for cheap :D

jackpt

Neo Member
EmmanuelMunoz said:
Watch out for black vans driving up and down your block

I don't think showing pictures they care so much, it's the selling and giving to others that aren't in the beta that Microsoft frowns upon.

Nothing is different other than the formatting off the disc.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Atolm said:
laW7q.jpg

Well you know, after being unemployed for so long, saving 500€ for my first current-gen console and a nice monitor has been quite an accomplishment for me. Also picked up Wipeout HD Fury, Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes for cheap :D

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Atolm said:
laW7q.jpg

I'm not much of a fan of 3DSGH, but otherwise, great start. Hope you like the system!

Atolm said:

Be sure to pick up Metal Gear Solid 4. Best game on the PS3.

Gameboy415

Got some cheap, cool stuff so far this month for about $140 total:

1104Games1.jpg

DS - Batman: The Brave & The Bold - $10 @ Gamestop
DS - Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - $10 @ Gamestop
NES - Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! - Got this and the other NES games for $7 total
NES - Ninja Gaiden
NES - Contra Force - Major score on this one, it apparently sells for $30-50!
Wii - Bust-A-Move Bash! - B2G1 @ Gamestop
Wii - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - B2G1 @ Gamestop
PS3 - BlazBlue Continuum Shift - $12.99 @ Gamestop
PSP - Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - B2G1 @ Gamestop
Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf Handheld - $0.99 @ Goodwill
XBOX - Halo GOTY - Replaced the copy I sold ages ago
XBOX - CounterStrike - Free from a friend
XBOX - Spartan Total Warrior - Free from a friend
XBOX - Star Wars Battlefront II - Free from a friend
Hangman Handheld game (new) - $0.99 @ Goodwill

1104Misc1.jpg

Blu-Ray - The Incredibles - cheap w/coupons @ Target
Blu-Ray - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - cheap @ a closing Borders
Blu-Ray - Tron - ultra cheap w/coupons @ Target
Blu-Ray - Tron: Legacy - ultra cheap w/coupons @ Target
Blu-Ray - Surrogates - former rental from Blockbuster
Advance Wars 2 Official Player's Guide - a bit beat up, but only $0.59 @ Goodwill
The Dig (Hardcover) - I already had the paperback but decided to replace it
3DS Pull-and-go Folio - not as nice as I was expecting, but still a decent all-in-one case
Blu-Ray - Be Kind Rewind - former rental from Blockbuster

Jazzem

The Dutch Slayer said:
Yes on other fan of TWTTG on GAF awesome! :D

Aww man, I need to get these. Sucks that nearly all of the Nostalgic Critic episodes aren't DVD friendly (though apparently it's a bit of a grey area how legally kosher they are online), but the DVDs would be very cool to own. Would love to hear the Kickassia commentaries :)

Reluctant-Hero said:
I'm assuming that's the elusive English language version of Izuma Eleven, right? If so, I'm jealous.

Yep. The manual is in Dutch, but the game is in English, even the cheesy theme song. Picked it up at an FNAC in Bruges, BE for 40 Euro.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
2wdc26c.jpg

Ordered these two from Amazon back on the first, kinda forgot about them! Free / slow shipping and such, only just got them today. These better not suck, GAF.

LivingDigital

Neo Member
Few Games and BluRays

IMG_0547.jpg

I found Dante's Inferno suprisingly fun despite the mixed reviews I read online, I'm about halfway through it in both Holy and Unholy

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Everyone lovers Scott Pilgrim right?

IMG_0551-1.jpg

Super happy to pick this up, don't really find things offensive in general, so I find this show hilarious.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
GuiltybyAssociation said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2wdc26c.jpg

Ordered these two from Amazon back on the first, kinda forgot about them! Free / slow shipping and such, only just got them today. These better not suck, GAF.
What the shit... I am Prime now, but I used to order with Free Super Saver and it only took about 3-4 days, if that. Two weeks? :S

Yes Boss!

Fantastical said:
What the shit... I am Prime now, but I used to order with Free Super Saver and it only took about 3-4 days, if that. Two weeks? :S
Depends on where your address is and what is on your order for super saver. One item usually ships quickly but two items more and amazon moves inventory internally for a few days to consolidate if the items are at different hubs. Sometimes this takes up to four days and then things ship out media or first class.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
kairu said:
MGS Field Coat, (also got the Field Shirt but im too lazy to photograph it)

http://crumaharashop.com/pics/mgs-coat/mgs-coat-01.jpg[/quote]

Please photograph it, pretty please! I want to see how it hangs on a real person.

I've been buying most of my games digitally lately, but I did snatch up the UMD of The 3rd Birthday...

2edyull.jpg

A couple of blu-rays...

sopthy.jpg

And my first Bag of Crap from woot.com XD

I got a Laptop swivel, a couple charging cables for a Sansa mp3 player I don't own, and a miniature Superfly Woot Monkey. =)

332mp1c.jpg

Deathly Hollows and a BDP-93 (kudos to OPPO on a fine product and packaging and giving you a HDMI cable, box for the accessories, and instead of using the white plastic wrap to wrap the player its wrapped in the bag)

0ef08fb6.jpg

317b5afd.jpg

a44876be.jpg

5349dcab.jpg

a69847cc.jpg

04d91894.jpg

some of my pickups from the last couple of months

went to the SF show at DNA lounge, 2nd time I'd seen Anamanaguchi, awesome show Airbrushed is 240/300
Recentpickups12.jpg
Recentpickups11.jpg

Recentpickups0.jpg

strategy guides and dnd were clearance at borders shutting down except for the pokemon guide, got it from amazon
Recentpickups9.jpg

Recentpickups8.jpg

Amazon sales
Recentpickups6.jpg

50% clearance at borders
Recentpickups5.jpg

used bookstore pickups
Recentpickups4.jpg

flying dutchman found at a used bookstore and it was signed too
transformers was clearanced at borders
Recentpickups3.jpg

thank you vault thread
Recentpickups2.jpg

catching up on asian cinema
Recentpickups1.jpg

Nassimoluc

Neo Member
GuiltybyAssociation said:

Off topic, but your avatar girl makes my eyes cringe. Where is she from?

isny said:
<3

Great way to start off your collection =D

yep lovin it, not pictured cuz I've posted em before are
James and the giant Peach
Alice In Wonderland (Burton)
Toy Story Trilogy
Princess and the Frog

Need to get
Sleeping Beauty (not looking forward to paying the 40-50 on Amazon hoping to still find it in the wild)
Wall-E
Ponyo
Monsters Inc
A Bugs Life
Ratatouille
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Nightmare Before Christmas

isny

napkin dispenser
Dragoon_lantz said:
yep lovin it, not pictured cuz I've posted em before are
James and the giant Peach
Alice In Wonderland (Burton)
Toy Story Trilogy
Princess and the Frog

Need to get
Sleeping Beauty (not looking forward to paying the 40-50 on Amazon hoping to still find it in the wild)
Wall-E
Ponyo
Monsters Inc
A Bugs Life
Ratatouille
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Nightmare Before Christmas

Hold off on Meet the Robinsons, Nightmare, and Bolt until they're released in 3D. Wall-E and Ratatouille you can pick up for $24.99 minus an $8.00 coupon when those are re-released on July 5th.

You must have missed the mention in the Disney BR thread, but Sleeping Beauty is available from Newegg for $29.99.

Top Bottom