• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

LiK

neojubei said:
3e1ec913.jpg

a Pixar shot glass?! i wants.

Chairhome said:
IMG_1544-vi.jpg

(sorry, was trying to focus on the model name, which makes me feel super nerdy)
Gunnar Optiks. I was skeptical, but my insurance company (VSP) is one of the few that actually accepts them, so I was able to get a prescription pair as my free pair this year :-D. I have to say, after trying them, I'm a believer. It could be a placebo effect, but I wore my regular glasses at work for a few hours today (I usually wear contacts) but I started getting a headache. Switched to these and the headache was gone. The yellow hue is not noticeable after a few minutes.

Do you work in front of monitors / PC's all day? I'm curious as we had Gunnar send the company I work at a few samples and I love them. I don't love the idea of sharing them however, so I'm curious if there was any issue getting your insurance to approve them?

Hell, I'd love if my insurance covered them, though I doubt Cigna would go for it ;)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Q4G0e.jpg

Yesss! I can't wait to start it. However, it doesn't match the Game of Thrones book I have. I'm OCD about that stuff lol. I should have just purchased it in the store :/ Oh well, I'm looking forward to diving in.

Shadowhaxor said:
Do you work in front of monitors / PC's all day? I'm curious as we had Gunnar send the company I work at a few samples and I love them. I don't love the idea of sharing them however, so I'm curious if there was any issue getting your insurance to approve them?

Hell, I'd love if my insurance covered them, though I doubt Cigna would go for it ;)

I've been using Gunnar for several months now and they works great. I'm in front of my monitors for almost the whole day. No eye strains or headaches whatsoever.

Yeah, enjoy the Persona games Ignignort! They're really great (and that cover for Persona 3 FES is sweet).

Here's some more Borders closing sale purchases of mine. Some manga and a novel.

GwTHd.png

Chairhome

Shadowhaxor said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much in front of monitors all day. Didn't really have an issue except my eyes would feel a little tired sometimes, but not often. Haven't had that feeling since I gut the gunnars. I only tried to get them through my insurance after specifically seeing on the gunnar site that my insurance covers them. You may want to call either an insurance rep or check their site for retailers then see if one accepts your insurance and call the retailer.

Ryan_

-NeoTB1- said:
008-4.jpg

I randomly decided to learn some Japanese in my spare time. Got this off of Amazon. Case came a little dinged up, but the software disc was fine.

Are you satisfied with the software? Because I've been looking for some good language software to learn Japanese with.

Yes Boss!

Yay! A passport. Lost mine way back in 2007 at Irvine Spectrum after a busy night at the Yard House. Now I can visit some of the european countries around me!

a0e1cc9f.jpg

Jaroof

Finally picked this up:
2011-04-13031046.jpg

Bought this on impulse:
2011-04-13031136.jpg

And I've been wanting to get this for a long time.
Took a while to get here though.
2011-04-13154743.jpg

WEGGLES

Bought DJ Hero 2. $30. Can't go wrong. Lot of fun, but not sure... I think I'm done with it. I've played all the songs and... don't really feel like playing any more. Still, worth playing I'd say.

Anamanaguchi Airbrushed single

The cover is a lenticular, designed to replicate the animated cover...

http://www.anamanaguchi.com/singles/images/robertson.gif

Spent too much on this, but I've never seen it before instore or online. Always out of stock, so what ever. Then after buying it, it dawned on me that it'll be in the RSD set the Flaming Lips are putting out. Whups.

Saints Row 2. Bought to play with a buddy... but waiting until that friend actually goes online before opening it... may return it.

What with it being Hitchens's birthday, I figure I should read one of his books. It's rather good.

WEGGLES

Kotomi said:
Great pick-up! Anamanaguchi is a great 'band'.
Yeah, they're great.

It was redic over priced, $17 for a single? :\... but I like them so I figured I'd buy it.

Also: why 'band'?

WEGGLES said:
Yeah, they're great.

It was redic over priced, $17 for a single? :\... but I like them so I figured I'd buy it.

Also: why 'band'?
That's probably one of the only ways they make money!

Well, they're just not a typical band.

Gvaz

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
osl9Vl.jpg

Thanks to that OT thread I spent $100. But I will be a better man.
You should have done this instead with the shaver like I did last month:

Uv0jY.jpg

Feels good man. I feel like the manliest man.

edit: Ultimately it ends up being a lot cheaper than buying disposables and you get a closer shave with less irritation. Takes a bit longer but I think it's worth the time investment because you pay more attention to the little things on your face but that's just me.

WEGGLES

Kotomi said:
That's probably one of the only ways they make money!

Well, they're just not a typical band.
they tour a bunch, and I bought their last album as well.

Besides, if they were worried about money, they wouldn't have limited it to 300 that sold out rather quickly :S

h3ro

Gvaz said:

Uv0jY.jpg

edit: Ultimately it ends up being a lot cheaper than buying disposables and you get a closer shave with less irritation. Takes a bit longer but I think it's worth the time investment because you pay more attention to the little things on your face but that's just me.

Is that a Merkur? Could you link me to where you picked those up from? What blades did you end up deciding on?

I've been looking into picking up a DE and I've been checking out Badger & Blade for reviews.

Grinchy

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
osl9Vl.jpg

Thanks to that OT thread I spent $100. But I will be a better man.
Damn I want that body groomer. I will happily continue to use a razor for my face but I need something quick for the manscaping. I still wish I had the balls to buy a real barber razor and use that. There's nothing more manly looking than using a knife to shave your face.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Gvaz said:

Uv0jY.jpg

how hard is it to use one of those? cut your self often?

Gvaz said:

http://i.imgur.com/Uv0jY.jpg[/IMG

edit: Ultimately it ends up being a lot cheaper than buying disposables and you get a closer shave with less irritation. Takes a bit longer but I think it's worth the time investment because you pay more attention to the little things on your face but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

*ahem* the Bodygroom is only for use "below the neck"

LiK

KingHenrik30 said:
Now all you need is Cardfighters Clash
that was the only game i ever had for that system and it was freaking awesome
I recommend SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millenium. It's amazing.

Gvaz

Banned
Pagusas said:
how hard is it to use one of those? cut your self often?
If you've used a double blade, it's pretty easy. You have to go a bit slower, I do to be on the safe side, but it's so much more satisfying. The brushing, the setup, the after shave cream. I like it.

I do cut myself a bit, especially on neck irritation because I shave against the grain there, but nothing a Styptic pencil can't fix! :D

FloppyDelux said:
best of TGWTH vol 1 and 2 + kickassia

Dude, that's awesome. I've been on the fence on buying those. Are the videos better quality than the ones on the TGWTG site? If so, I'll be ording my own shortly. :)

FOOTE

27243a47.jpg

These came Tuesday, some Photobucket crash caused me to be unable to post until now. Tron Classic will come down the line in a few months.

Top Bottom