• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Linkhero1 said:
I just started 20th Century Boys. I went to the Borders that closed in Downtown SF and they only had Volume 6 and 7. I wish they had the rest of them :(

I was kind of lucky to get those two. About a minute after I picked them up, someone else came by asking for the same two volumes. That's like a reverse of what happened to me a few weeks back when the guy in front of me in line at Gamestop was buying the last copy of something I wanted. : P

Anyways, I just started 20th Century Boys a couple weeks back. It's really interesting so far.

hipgnosis

foPbG.jpg

Finally Bullet Soul and Eschatos arrived, enjoying them both! Retro Gamer has a nice CAVE article so I had to pick it up.

Luthos

XNzIv.jpg

WY9On.jpg

Crappy quality pics of my new desktop speakers I bought. I needed some, so I can get decent sound out of my laptop without resorting to headphones.

Maybe next time I should buy a decent camera. =P

vid

Received my first package from Fangamer today... after following them from inception and seeing lots of great pick-ups, finally decided to get something for myself. I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of the product, right down to all of the little goodies and the awesome packing slip. Shipping was also expedient, arriving in just two days with standard shipping, and over a weekend no less!

04-18-2011-2.jpg

04-18-2011-3.jpg

04-18-2011-4.jpg

04-18-2011-5.jpg

Thinking I'll pick up one of their "EB Yourself" shirts next time I get paid... then maybe a Time Wing poster... and then a Runaway Bros poster... and then.. .. ...

vid said:
Received my first package from Fangamer today...

Great pick-up. That's probably my favorite color for the PK Rockin shirt too!

I've had nothing but great experiences buying from Fangamer. There products are always top notch, especially the clothes.

As for the pins, this is how I proudly display them.

vid

Octorockin' said:
Great pick-up. That's probably my favorite color for the PK Rockin shirt too!

I've had nothing but great experiences buying from Fangamer. There products are always top notch, especially the clothes.

As for the pins, this is how I proudly display them.

Hah, I think I've actually seen you in one of the threads over at Fangamer... either that, or someone else has been sticking their pins in a Boo Mario. Well played, sir!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ Stan would be angry about the liberal hippie enviro packaging..

Axelums

Neo Member
Hey, my first ever post on Gaf. Glad to be here, came for this thread :D

Was going to wait till I got Portal 2 however got released from my job at Amazon today so not sure if I can still get :( So posting these now.

Start with Digital downloads: Top 2 were free. FFII was half price with 3rd Birthday.

DigitalPurchasesApr20111.jpg

All these were on sale on Xbox live, enjoying every single one so far.

DigitalPurchasesApr20112.jpg

Book related purchases include the 2 Phoenix Wright Mangas and the Tangled art book was free from Disney Rewards. 1001 Games was only £10 (Half price)

RetailPurchasesApr20111.jpg

SOME game stuff Finished ACB on 360 going for a second run on PS3. Alsoa classic controller pro because.... hmm....

RetailPurchasesApr20112.jpg

Tron Legacy Limited Edition from Play.com

RetailPurchasesApr20113.jpg

Such a random number :(

RetailPurchasesApr20114.jpg

You can see what the contents is, but here's a link if you'd like to see the items http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/axelums/RetailPurchasesApr20115.jpg

Finally some other random pickups from early on:

Contract on Orange, Loving the phone so far.

RetailPurchasesApr20118.jpg

£2.99. Bit odd but got it as soon as I saw it.

RetailPurchasesApr20117.jpg

and keeping with the Disney trend so far...

RetailPurchasesApr20116.jpg

2 Epically big 1000 piece puzzles.

Sorry for the quite large post, just wanted to get this out there.

Won’t do it again, promise!

Axelums

Neo Member
Big Baybee said:
Where did you get those puzzles? Wife and I have a collection of Disney puzzles, and we are looking for a few new ones.

Toys R Us, they WERE half price £7.49. Gotten 3 from there. All huge panorama ones... usually too big to fit in frames and on puzzle boards/rolls :(

Manp

- Vanquish (taking a good picture of that fucking cover is downright impossible)
- Knight and Day (surprisingly entertaining movie
and say whatever you want Cameron Diaz is hot
)

- new router: Netgear WNDR3700v2 (already running on OpenWRT)

:)

Rich!

holy shit holy shit

best pick up ever, incoming. Decided I wanted a dreamcast earlier today, so I had a look around for a store that had one. Gave one store a call, and they said they had a console bundle with like 10 games (which aren't on their system), all boxed in mint condition, and two VMUs, and they'll send it to me for wednesday

all for the grand low low price of...£7.99. Yesssss.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Richisawesome, congrats! You need a VGA adaptor for a Dreamcast. It's the only way to play! I recommend one from the racketboy.com store. It's even better than the official Sega one (rare) because it can be toggled to s-video output.

Rich!

BocoDragon said:
Richisawesome, congrats! You need a VGA adaptor for a Dreamcast. It's the only way to play! I recommend one from the racketboy.com store. It's even better than the official Sega one (rare) because it can be toggled to s-video output.

I definitely need one. heh. No way am I using RF!

I've bidded on one on Ebay already though, hopefully I'll win.

angelfly said:
I'm surprised to see Otaku USA is still around. After Newtype USA ended I though about giving it a try but never did.
OtakuUSA is leaps and bounds better then Newtype..I've been a subscriber for years and never once thought about cancelling.

And thanks to the other two guys for the Toy Tokyo link..adding it to the GPS, next trip is only a few weeks away.

LayLa

i just started playing it, first one in the series for me. very reminiscent of Recettear so far, not enjoying it as much though. think that is mainly down to the script not being anywhere near as good.

jtkauff

Managed to put together the following haul from 2 Gamestops thanks to the Buy 2 Get 2 Free PS2 promo. This definitely filled in some holes in my PS2 RPG collection:

Averaging the prices on the two groups of B2G2 out it comes to this:
Rogue Galaxy: $4.49
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time: $4.49 (missing instructions)
.hack//INFECTION: $4.49 (missing anime disc)
Grandia II: $4.49 (missing case & instructions, it's the white box at the end)
Tales of the Abyss: $8.99
.hack//G.U. Vol.2: $8.99
Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories: $8.99 (Greatest Hits disc)
Silent Hill 0rigins: $8.99
Galerians: Ash: $1.79

Going to hit up a few other Gamestops to see if I can fill in the missing stuff (plenty of SO and .hacks around, Grandia II will have to stay bare for right now though) and get a non-GH disc, but overall I'm quite happy - all of the above for under $60 seems like a great deal to me.

Picked up all of 8 of these Gamecube Games for a total of $25.10 thanks to the Gamestop "buy 2 get 2 free" (deal also valid for PS2 & GBA games) deal.
Basically amounted to $3 per game.

1080 avalanche - $5
Metal Arms - $4
Midway Arcade Treasure #2 - $5
SSX On Tour - $7
Ultimate Muscle - $6
Xgra - $3
X-men Legends - $6
X-men Legends 2 - $6

DSCF1118.jpg

FINALBOSS said:
Don't you just hate it when the paper insert is off-centered and such when you first get it? Drives me bonkers.

shit I thought I was the only one. you pay for it and you get a case with half ass job done.

jtkauff said:
Managed to put together the following haul from 2 Gamestops thanks to the Buy 2 Get 2 Free PS2 promo. This definitely filled in some holes in my PS2 RPG collection:

Averaging the prices on the two groups of B2G2 out it comes to this:
Rogue Galaxy: $4.49
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time: $4.49 (missing instructions)
.hack//INFECTION: $4.49 (missing anime disc)
Grandia II: $4.49 (missing case & instructions, it's the white box at the end)
Tales of the Abyss: $8.99
.hack//G.U. Vol.2: $8.99
Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories: $8.99 (Greatest Hits disc)
Silent Hill 0rigins: $8.99
Galerians: Ash: $1.79

Going to hit up a few other Gamestops to see if I can fill in the missing stuff (plenty of SO and .hacks around, Grandia II will have to stay bare for right now though) and get a non-GH disc, but overall I'm quite happy - all of the above for under $60 seems like a great deal to me.
Nice haul. I got quite a few games from this sale too. Did you know that this promo also included Gamecube and GBA games?

Speaking of the sale... I picked up Dawn of Mana because I needed a $9.99 game. I get home and look at the reviews and it sounds like this game is horrible. Should I go to another store and find another $9.99 game?

Sh0k

Picked up for my 7 year old son the following from Gamestop buy 2 get 2 free ... everything for around $90. including the Gamecube :)

i521ye.jpg

He's been having a blast.

Sh0k said:
Picked up for my 7 year old son the following from Gamestop buy 2 get 2 free ... everything for around $90. including the Gamecube :)

i521ye.jpg

He's been having a blast.
If the Wii2 is Wii backward compatible, I will dust out my GameCube like that.

Top Bottom