• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Majine

Banned
I need a 3DS case that also has room for the power brick and cord (cause of the batterylife), anyone got any tips?

robot said:
Awesome pickups, where and when did you order? Ordered mine from NCSX last Tuesday but they still haven't shipped. Really looking forward to playing em.

Post your impressions in the Shmups thread!

Had them preordered at Playasia but sent to a friend in HK who sent them on to me so no need for me to wait the usual 4-6 weeks it takes Playasia to get stuff to me in the UK :)

Oh and I plan on getting some impressions posted ASAP :)

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Wasn't expecting these two until Monday at the earliest so was a nice surprise when they arrived earlier :) J-360 shmup love <3

DSC00274.jpg

<3

Anyway...

xbh7pw.jpg

My first lasagne. Turned out fine, a bit overdone, but I'll do better next time.

Negaiido

TheFuryMGS3 said:
Owning guns is bad?

Have you ever fired a gun?

Well to be honest, it is a bad thing. I don't see why you should have a gun unless you are a police officer.

And no, I haven't fired a gun yet and I don't need to.

Why do you have those guns?

Godslay

Banned
Negaiido said:
Well to be honest, it is a bad thing. I don't see why you should have a gun unless you are a police officer.

Not trying to mod, but don't start that here please.

Gvaz

Banned
Maybe he wants to collect them? Maybe he wants to have them because he likes something about the gun?

Anyways, this thread isn't the place to argue this, based on what the OP says.

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

NoName#1

Neo Member
Some Record Store Day pickups. I was hoping to get the Nirvana EP but no luck:
Mumford.jpg

Fleet.jpg

Also couldn't pass up some cheap reading material and the new Harry Potter
HarryBond.jpg

Record Store Day Haul:
IMG_0324.jpg

Foo Fighters-Medium Rare
Deftones-Covers
Franz Ferdinand-Covers EP
ZZ Top/Mastodon-Just Got Paid
Various-Rekords Rekords Release
Beastie Boys-Make Some Noise

My local store didn't get the Ed Banger: Bee Sides in, but I should be getting it on Monday. Gutted UK didn't get the Tron Translucence 10". However my copy of the Tron Legacy soundtrack on vinyl did arrive today :D

Front cover with glow in the dark ink:
IMG_0326.jpg

Inside gatefold sleeve:
IMG_0327.jpg

Negaiido said:

If you're in my area and want to fire a gun, your welcome

maybe you'll catch the bug

Unfortunately I still don't have a proper camera, so here are some cell phone pictures of things I've bought in the last month or so.

1A5ail.jpg

ZJRPtl.jpg

Like, the third time I've paid for Loveless. Absolutely love Lykke Li's new album, Yuck is good, and that Strokes is pretty bland.

W3fnyl.jpg

Tomboy was such an impulse buy. If anyone wants my download copy, just ask.

Incredibles and Cars Blu-rays for $14.98+tax
DSC_4060.JPG

Toys'R'Us B1G1 40% off + Buy both and save $10 + DMR coupons ($10 for Incredibles + $8 for Cars) = chubby

More recent Blu's
DSC_4065.JPG

Saw this earlier in the thread and thought it would be a good read
DSC_4063.JPG

New work boots
6qdgC.jpg

U9pkB.jpg

iPad <3
VmGDQ.jpg

Easter Candy Haul (I realize it's not Easter, but my girlfriend and I did Easter early since I will not be home for Easter)
ceNGZ.jpg

I bought this exclusively for the Howard Stern interview, the man is a genius
0D00m.jpg

FStop7

Banned
I just brought home a Macbook Pro 17". 2.2ghz quad core Sandy Bridge. Holy mother of GOD is it fast, it's the fastest laptop I've ever used. My main computer is an upgraded octocore Mac Pro form 2008 and I'm pretty sure that this laptop could give it a run for the money when crunching numbers. I'm in love.

eMuCg.jpg

Amagon

SolidSnakeFTW said:
Record Store Day Haul:

IMG_0326.jpg

Just picked it up at juno.uk.co for $45 shipped to NJ, USA. Thanks guy, but alas, I showed up to my record store late and they only had one Tron 45. The prices on ebay is ridiculous for it rite now, lame.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
God those '92 Jordans are fucking HOT.

Shitty cell phone pic incoming

gx7xZ.jpg

Nike Free 2's. Just picked them up today. They're so light and comfy. I haven't worn a shoe like this before. Can't wait to go running in the gym with them.

Smokey

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

Samsung 55D8000 LED TV.

Picture on this is crazy. Only tried MK in 3D and watched Shrek 1, but didn't notice any cross talk or ghosting. In my 30 minutes or so with MK didn't notice much gaming lag either. This is my first LCD (coming from a Panasonic plasma and a Sony HD CRT). I'm impressed so far. We'll see how it holds when I play some FPS games (where I noticed lag the most on a friends Samsung LCD a few years ago).

Alebrije

Well, first post....TEQUILA!

Jose Cuervo Family reserve 2010 plus small ICO for the office.

29w47bo.jpg

Wing Commander 3 3D0 , not the best conditions but it works fine. Got it for five U.S. dollars on a local bazar.

2hxrjf5.jpg

28uijqo.jpg

Prodigy095

Neo Member
Got home from working Record Store Day and only took one pic and this was it.

Picked up the Daft Punk Tron vinyls & some others I'll post later. Got 1 blue & 2 red. 1 to keep & 1 to trade for a yellow (Anyone?)

LJz9N.jpg

FStop7 said:
I just brought home a Macbook Pro 17". 2.2ghz quad core Sandy Bridge. Holy mother of GOD is it fast, it's the fastest laptop I've ever used. My main computer is an upgraded octocore Mac Pro form 2008 and I'm pretty sure that this laptop could give it a run for the money when crunching numbers. I'm in love.

eMuCg.jpg

welcome fellow mbp user! glad you are enjoying it! i have a 15" mbp, 2.2ghz, but with the high-res 1680x1050 antiglare screen! :)

AkIRA_22

Slapped a cheap and low power PC together for the folks

201dd9b7.jpg

5be9d1a3.jpg

03454a75.jpg

$AU410, so about 1000 US dollars ;) Core i3-2100 $GB RAM and a 1TB seagate. The mobo is a Asrock H61M-USB3, which has USB and SATA 3 which is crazy for an $80 board. Runs a lot of games at 1080p too, no AA or any crazy high res textures, but it runs.

Top Bottom